ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

The noose tightens on the racist, who in a 1997 interview admitted that he probably said that.

I'd make up a quote of yours and call you racist but Support would probably not like that. Also "the noose tightens" is a decent headline, you could maybe work for the fake news media. Don't read the indictment though, you'd just be disappointed.

I wouldn't then go admit, "Yah, I probably said that." But, if I did then I bet Support wouldn't do anything about a racist quote you made up.

"
“The stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true,” he told Playboy in an interview published in May 1997.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-donald-trump-tells-about-donald-trump/2016/01/28/b7cead16-c46e-11e5-9693-933a4d31bcc8_story.html?utm_term=.02096ab7a5ff

The question now is whether or not Mueller will allow Stone to plead to a lesser charge in order to lighten his sentence. There are some Trumps getting even more worried this morning.

Saying "I probably said that" and then saying "I never said that" isn't enough to make a quote a quote. You either have it written by the person or on tape, or you have him 100% confirm he said it. No way around it. That's what I meant by easily debunked.

Ah yes, the ominous plea deals in which all the TDSers put their hopes in. Remember what happened with Papa D? He didn't cooperate (as per the sentencing memo) and still only got 12 days in prison. And Papa D was way closer to both Trump and Russia. I also like how the TDSers put their hopes into such unreliable witnesses who literally go to prison because of perjury. Good luck with that strategy.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
pneuma wrote:
Division politics is why legislators on both sides switched to the "those darn agencies" model in the first place. I'm asking: why abandon it when it has been working so well for tackling politically poisonous problems?

---

re: visa overstays, the number of total illegal immigrants due to visa overstays is 42% as of 2014 according to CMS. The same report does measure that visa overstays as an illegal immigration strategy is preferred by 66% recently, but it's not something like 99% nor is it expected to ever become the only strategy. A change in visa enforcement could easily throw that trend in the other direction.

Besides that, visa overstays at least are 1) countable, 2) vetted during the visa process, 3) less violent on average. From a security perspective, it's far better to focus on border crossers than visa overstayers, and the current argument is about security.

Overall I'd be happy with funding and legislation that tackles all forms of illegal immigration. We throw money at every other problem except this one, apparently. Honestly I've never seen a democrat give a flying fuck about $5b in all my life up until now, so it can't really be about the money.

---
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
We didnt have taxes or border security or drug laws 100 years ago.
We also weren't a welfare state then. I'm perfectly fine with open borders if we remove all welfare systems. Or some immigration restrictions alongside some welfare programs. Or an intensely difficult immigration system alongside intensely funded welfare programs.

The two are intertwined, and our laws should reflect that reality.

The welfare state jig is almost up running a 1 trillion deficit in great times. Conservatives like Grover Norquest said starve the beast was way to get rid of welfare state. Inundate it will help process along would it not?

They are not letting agencies make the hard choices because when things are close its all politics. Only when parties have super majorities they deferred/pass the buck.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 25, 2019, 12:15:31 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
re: visa overstays, the number of total illegal immigrants due to visa overstays is 42% as of 2014 according to CMS. The same report does measure that visa overstays as an illegal immigration strategy is preferred by 66% recently, but it's not something like 99% nor is it expected to ever become the only strategy. A change in visa enforcement could easily throw that trend in the other direction.
I was surprised to find this to be accurate after fact-checking. Well, that's good enough for me — I've gone from not caring about the Wall to BREAK GROUND TODAY.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 25, 2019, 2:17:11 PM
Well... lol

Anyway, Roger Stone will die in prison and that's fine.
Trump says that "a deal has been reached today".

A bipartisan bill that will open the government for 3 weeks, back pay will be sent out.

So the can's been kicked, but I don't see how this doesn't repeat itself in 3 weeks. Presumably the SOTU will be held on Tuesday as originally planned, at least.

---

re: Ann Coulter's opinion via Scrotie:
"
When Obama wanted something done, he did it. After spending two years saying he didn’t have constitutional authority to amnesty Dreamers, he issued an executive order amnestying Dreamers.
The ends don't justify the means. Just because Obama acted like a despot doesn't mean that Trump should follow suit.
Last edited by pneuma on Jan 25, 2019, 3:19:24 PM
Let's see if Democrats will actually negotiate in good faith. If not, Trump should declare national emergency on Feb 15th.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
pneuma wrote:

A bipartisan bill that will open the government for 3 weeks, back pay will be sent out.

So the can's been kicked, but I don't see how this doesn't repeat itself in 3 weeks. Presumably the SOTU will be held on Tuesday as originally planned, at least.

---

"
When Obama wanted something done, he did it. After spending two years saying he didn’t have constitutional authority to amnesty Dreamers, he issued an executive order amnestying Dreamers.
The ends don't justify the means. Just because Obama acted like a despot doesn't mean that Trump should follow suit.

This Trump is actually only adult here. Dems won't compromise at all on stuff they already agreed to in the past because well it's Trump boogieman of left to deflect from their failed policy and unhappiness in constituency.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 25, 2019, 3:53:52 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
I was surprised to find this to be accurate after fact-checking. Well, that's good enough for me — I've gone from not caring about the Wall to BREAK GROUND TODAY.

He's not doing it. If Trump really wanted to play hardball he could a fired ANY gov workers he didnt like after 30 days of this shutdown to balance budget only keeping essential NATIONAL SECURITY services under Reduction in Force (RIF) guidelines. He didnt do that he wont build wall.
Git R Dun!
"
Xavderion wrote:
national emergency

lol, he just ended one.

Pelosi 1 : Trump 0
"
pneuma wrote:

---

"
To answer both halves of your post simultaneously: better start getting pissed at Trump, because the way this ends is with Trump declaring a national emergency. At this point the Wall isn't a means to get the Dems to the table, it's an excuse to break ground in three weeks.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info