ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
rojimboo wrote:

I guess we can all agree, that Trump is Putin's bitch, when Putin 'approved' and said it was 'correct' that the US withdrew from Syria, in his annual (unrequested) press conference today.

Of course Russia will stay to fend of the evil islamists, to protect Syrians, I'm sure.

How much propaganda have you swallowed, tovarish? With how much vodka?

If Trump doesn't change course on Syria (looks like he wont since he let Mattis retire over it) he is going to lose major support from evangelicals & Catholics. Many will stay home in 2020.
"
rojimboo wrote:
I guess we can all agree, that Trump is Putin's bitch, when Putin 'approved' and said it was 'correct' that the US withdrew from Syria, in his annual (unrequested) press conference today.

Of course Russia will stay to fend of the evil islamists, to protect Syrians, I'm sure.

How much propaganda have you swallowed, tovarish? With how much vodka?

Of course Putin agrees, it was the Russian stance sine the begining that US presence in Syria is illegitimate. Trump also campaigned on an anti-war, anti-interventionism message. Everything cheks.

The only thing that doesn't check, is liberals/leftists being so pro-war and pro-islamism. I guess that counter signaling Trump on everything, 100% of the time, is far more important than ideological honesty ;)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:

Fuck, I want to ask if that's real but fuck, how could it not be?

It is. fuck.
"
Khoranth wrote:
If Trump doesn't change course on Syria (looks like he wont since he let Mattis retire over it) he is going to lose major support from evangelicals & Catholics. Many will stay home in 2020.

Why? And more importantly: what were US christians doing so far to prevent genocide?

Syrian Christians are all on the side of Assad government, fighting against US-sponsored sunni islamist "rebels". Russia is the one protecting the Christian minority in Syria, while the US was actively supporting the wahhabi enemy.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

Why? And more importantly: what were US christians doing so far to prevent genocide?

Syrian Christians are all on the side of Assad government, fighting against US-sponsored sunni islamist "rebels". Russia is the one protecting the Christian minority in Syria, while the US was actively supporting the wahhabi enemy.

Your asking me why Catholics & Evangelicals would oppose genocide? Especially when the precursor to the genocide is the USA abandoning our allies and allowing Turkey to do genocide?

Seems like a self-answering question.

And what are USA Christians doing? We are supporting the USA military aiding our allies to prevent genocide.
Last edited by Khoranth on Dec 21, 2018, 9:18:16 AM
"
morbo wrote:

The only thing that doesn't check, is liberals/leftists being so pro-war and pro-islamism. I guess that counter signaling Trump on everything, 100% of the time, is far more important than ideological honesty ;)

I'm not sure who that is directed at, but most people around the world, at least in the EU, do not ascribe to ideological party politics and loyalty. It seems to be an Anglo-Saxon thing more than anything.

These stereotypes may be easy to understand and digest, but are such a gross oversimplification of the actual world, that they are made useless.

For instance, you can be a green liberal, and welcome refugees with open hands, whilst having boots on the ground in Syria where it has become something much bigger than a civil war, to protect your country's and the people's interests.

Your brain doesn't start going into an endless conflict loop, at the end of which you explode.

It's fine and actually desirable to be critical of your own party. That's the whole point.
"
Khoranth wrote:
Your asking me why Catholics & Evangelicals would oppose genocide? Especially when the precursor to the genocide is the USA abandoning our allies and allowing Turkey to do genocide?

But your gov was supporting wahhabi cutthroats in Syria for 6+ years, until Trump stopped the CIA/Pentagon financing of those programs. So, where were US christians all this time?

If you want to prevent Turkey going into Syria, then you need to support the territorial integrity of the country, under the Damascus government. Which means working with Assad & Russia. By supporting Kurdish separatism, you invite Turkey to action. Kurds have no chances, because the neigboring countries are all hostile to them and far more powerful.

btw, the "allies" you are talking about - the YPG militia is ideologically a left-wing communist offshoot of the "Kurdistan Workers Party"(PKK), which is on US terror list. Just saying. Not sure why woud US evangelicals care about such types.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

But your gov was supporting wahhabi cutthroats in Syria for 6+ years, until Trump stopped the CIA/Pentagon financing of those programs. So, where were US christians all this time?

If you want to prevent Turkey going into Syria, then you need to support the territorial integrity of the country, under the Damascus government. Which means working with Assad & Russia. By supporting Kurdish separatism, you invite Turkey to action. Kurds have no chances, because the neigboring countries are all hostile to them and far more powerful.

btw, the "allies" you are talking about - the YPG militia is ideologically a left-wing communist offshoot of the "Kurdistan Workers Party"(PKK), which is on US terror list. Just saying. Not sure why woud US evangelicals care about such types.

No one says mistakes weren't made by the USA in Syria. And it doesn't matter if the people Turkey wants to genocide happen to be leftists, we still oppose giving Turkey free reign to continue committing genocide.
Last edited by Khoranth on Dec 21, 2018, 9:41:22 AM
"
Khoranth wrote:
... we still oppose giving Turkey free reign to continue committing genocide.

No, not really. Turkey already attacked your "allies" in early 2018 and cleansed the Afrin canton of the YPG militia. Your gov did nothing, general Mattis did nothing. Whatever media you follow probably did't even report it. They certainly didn't make a ruckus about it, because it was inconsequential to wider regional politics and didn't threat US presence in the country.

But now that Trump wants to move the military out of the region, the MSM goes all: "oh no, our poor allies..." I suspect you are just being played by the pro-war media.

If western politicians really wanted to help the Kurds, they would suport the teritorial integrity of Syria. What will likely happen is the same thing that happened in Iraq: Kurds will be forced back to their pre-war positions and given the legal status they had before (some sort of autonomy, iirc). They will also need to disarm the YPG. This can happen peacefully, but only with collaboration between US, RU, Turkey, Iran & Syrian gov.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
... we still oppose giving Turkey free reign to continue committing genocide.

No, not really. Turkey already attacked your "allies" in early 2018 and cleansed the Afrin canton of the YPG militia. Your gov did nothing, general Mattis did nothing. Whatever media you follow probably did't even report it. They certainly didn't make a ruckus about it, because it was inconsequential to wider regional politics and didn't threat US presence in the country.

But now that Trump wants to move the military out of the region, the MSM goes all: "oh no, our poor allies..." I suspect you are just being played by the pro-war media.

If western politicians really wanted to help the Kurds, they would suport the teritorial integrity of Syria. What will likely happen is the same thing that happened in Iraq: Kurds will be forced back to their pre-war positions and given the legal status they had before (some sort of autonomy, iirc). They will also need to disarm the YPG. This can happen peacefully, but only with collaboration between US, RU, Turkey, Iran & Syrian gov.

I'm not reading this stuff on CNN. MSNBC ect. I'm reading these long, well detailed, news stories on Christian news websites that are posted along side pro life, pro marriage, typical stories you'd expect on a Christian website.

And they were complaining about Afrin on these Christian websites, the difference is that wasnt triggered by the USA abandoning our allies. There is a bit more urgency due to that fact.
Last edited by Khoranth on Dec 21, 2018, 10:25:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info