[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

"
Shimaran wrote:
lvl 93, 5.5k life, Fortify, lvl 21 gems...and no, there are still things that I can't even kill. Seriously, what is wrong ?

What things are those? And are you trying to facetank those things? :D
How do you get to 93 and only have 5.5k life? I had 6300.
"
How do you get to 93 and only have 5.5k life? I had 6300.

Doesn't even matter. 5500 or 6300 or even only 4500, there should be nothing in the game that is unkillable for a lvl 93 with this build
Hello, first of all, thanks for a very nice build guide. This is the most fun CoC build that I have ever tried.

I have a question about attack skill used to trigger CoC. In PoB my cyclone cast rate is at 4.26. If I switch to blade flurry, cast rate is at 4.69.

Question is, will the dps be higher if I use cyclone to proc coc or I can use blade flurry? I dont really understand the part where guide says cyclone hits twice per cast. This is for boss where I need precise movement. For mapping Im using cyclone.

edit : read through the thread and saw the discussion about blade flurry and double strike.
is double strike better for bosses as in faster attack than cyclone? I assume you need to use it with multistrike to make it work?
Last edited by hahantu on Sep 28, 2017, 3:00:28 AM
"
hahantu wrote:
Hello, first of all, thanks for a very nice build guide. This is the most fun CoC build that I have ever tried.

I have a question about attack skill used to trigger CoC. In PoB my cyclone cast rate is at 4.26. If I switch to blade flurry, cast rate is at 4.69.

Question is, will the dps be higher if I use cyclone to proc coc or I can use blade flurry? I dont really understand the part where guide says cyclone hits twice per cast. This is for boss where I need precise movement. For mapping Im using cyclone.

edit : read through the thread and saw the discussion about blade flurry and double strike.
is double strike better for bosses as in faster attack than cyclone? I assume you need to use it with multistrike to make it work?

In my opinion cyclone is good enough for all bosses except uber atziri. There you have to use Blade Flurry so you can aim your Projectiles away from her mirror. With Double Strike-Multistrike you would have to recolour your Belly everytime which will be expensive as 3b3g is not that easy to get. Well, you could get a second 6linked Belly I guess.

The thing is that Cyclone hits twice per spin. Meaning the APS of the skill shown ingame is half of what your actual APS is. That fact is not noted anwhere ingame, just take it as fact because there has been extensive testing and it is true :D Here is the passage in the wiki:

"
Cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin.

That is one of the biggest reasons why Cyclone is used for pretty much every CoC build. It makes it much easier to reach the APS needed to maximize procrate without even needing a Faster Attacks Support. Well, it being an AoE skill and making us immune to stuns is quite nice too :D

@OP: Have been wondering, have you tested running a Dying Sun instead of a second life flask during normal mapping? I noticed that while the coverage is pretty good, sometimes enemies are missed by the projectiles. Adding 2 projectiles to every spell cast could be quite nice. And it would build on and increase the biggest advantage this build has when compared to CoC Discharge: The huge AoE so we don't have to move to every pack and spin.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 28, 2017, 3:54:38 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
hahantu wrote:

In my opinion cyclone is good enough for all bosses except uber atziri. There you have to use Blade Flurry so you can aim your Projectiles away from her mirror. With Double Strike-Multistrike you would have to recolour your Belly everytime which will be expensive as 3b3g is not that easy to get. Well, you could get a second 6linked Belly I guess.

The thing is that Cyclone hits twice per spin. Meaning the APS of the skill shown ingame is half of what your actual APS is. That fact is not noted anwhere ingame, just take it as fact because there has been extensive testing and it is true :D Here is the passage in the wiki:

"
Cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin.

That is one of the biggest reasons why Cyclone is used for pretty much every CoC build. It makes it much easier to reach the APS needed to maximize procrate without even needing a Faster Attacks Support.

Thanks for the explanation! I tried with double strike + multistrike combo, not really a fan of the way it turn out lol. I guess I'll keep using cyclone and switch to blade flurry for atziri.
I came to this build from the freezinator 2x Cospri's build, looking for a replacement since that guide seems abandoned.

I remember running Lacerate with Multistrike and other links, is this even useful anymore?
I dislike cyclone cuz of its slower movespeed and I really loved the attack-speed boosted movement with lacerate and whirling blades.

Would running Lacerate + inc.aoe + inc crit strikes + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + X
even be useful at all or is this build very strict with frostbolt in both armor+ccospris?
"
Hassemannen wrote:
I came to this build from the freezinator 2x Cospri's build, looking for a replacement since that guide seems abandoned.

I remember running Lacerate with Multistrike and other links, is this even useful anymore?
I dislike cyclone cuz of its slower movespeed and I really loved the attack-speed boosted movement with lacerate and whirling blades.

Would running Lacerate + inc.aoe + inc crit strikes + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + X
even be useful at all or is this build very strict with frostbolt in both armor+ccospris?

Well, you would lose around 40% your damage output if you don't use CoC in your 6link. But it is possible to use Lacerate instead of Cyclone as your skill to trigger CoC. It just is much worse. Also, with an Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline Cyclone is fast as fuck imho.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 28, 2017, 4:52:09 AM
Meh, I guess you're right. I'll be using Headhunter aswell so hopefully I can cleave some movespeed packs and get to turbo-mode :>

But simply swapping Cyclone to Lacerate in that 6link setup would also be alot worse than Cyclone I guess?
"
Hassemannen wrote:
Meh, I guess you're right. I'll be using Headhunter aswell so hopefully I can cleave some movespeed packs and get to turbo-mode :>

But simply swapping Cyclone to Lacerate in that 6link setup would also be alot worse than Cyclone I guess?

Yes, I didn't do the math, but just the fact that you would lose a lot of APS (Cyclone hits twice per spin) would mean you would have to use faster attacks instead of Hypothermia to reach the full procrate. And Hypothermia is amazing for this build, chance to freeze and increased effect and duration of chills is great for defensive and then 40% more damage is just huge.

Also, with a Headhunter I really wouldn't worry about Cyclone speed. Would have to be pretty unlucky to not have permanent movement speed buff.

Have actually been thinking about using an Inspired Learning for mapping.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 28, 2017, 5:08:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info