[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

"
Crovaxx wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
@OP: Have been wondering, have you tested running a Dying Sun instead of a second life flask during normal mapping? I noticed that while the coverage is pretty good, sometimes enemies are missed by the projectiles. Adding 2 projectiles to every spell cast could be quite nice. And it would build on and increase the biggest advantage this build has when compared to CoC Discharge: The huge AoE so we don't have to move to every pack and spin.

Sorry for the late reply, didnt notice the question before..
I have not tried using Dying Sun, but it would certainly not be bad for the build. As you say, it should heighten the map clear speed a bit due to lessening the chances of leaving stray mobs. Though I really like having two life flasks..

I see that you have it, how does it perform for you?

Did not have much time to test, have only run 2 T15 Beachheads with it. But so far I would say it is great. Much less Shield Charging around needed to get those small groups of mobs that were missed by the Frostbolts. And I am pretty sure it will get even better, I am still far away from anywhere near good damage. With Uber Lab and lvl 20 or 21 gems the additional projectiles should be even more effective as right now not every hit is a kill in T15s.

Only downside is that it is a Ruby Flask and the need to have a whole bunch of cold resist so with all flasks active cold is still the highest.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 29, 2017, 12:39:16 AM
Hello, will this build still work if I use dual cospri instead of the lycosidae. And glacial cascade instead of hypothermia? I separate freezing pulse + cold damage + cold pen on 1 cospri, and glacial cascade + cold damage + cold pen on the 2nd cospri.
And I'm thinking about Scion, so I can grab winter spirit and flash freeze also, and don't have to spend a lot of Int,Dex,Str points just to travel to the important nodes.
Last edited by khachavippoe on Sep 29, 2017, 10:22:37 PM
"
khachavippoe wrote:
Hello, will this build still work if I use dual cospri instead of the lycosidae. And glacial cascade instead of hypothermia? I separate freezing pulse + cold damage + cold pen on 1 cospri, and glacial cascade + cold damage + cold pen on the 2nd cospri.
And I'm thinking about Scion, so I can grab winter spirit and flash freeze also, and don't have to spend a lot of Int,Dex,Str points just to travel to the important nodes.

There are a few issues with all of that.

Why cold damage? Hypothermia is much more damage.

Cold penetration is not the best choice for damage at this point, we already have 45% penetration and -48% enemy cold resistance.

Glacial Cascade will work, but would make this build much more "melee". Forstbolt has an insane range. I just don't see a reason to make this change. Won't really be more damage or anything as we don't scale physical and cold but only cold. Just much less range. If you really want to go CoC Glacial Cascade, make a seperate build, because then scaling physical damage would be what you want to do. But then I would go with purely Glacial Cascade in your 6link and also in your Cospri with Lycosidae in offhand. Here is why:

Getting rid of Lycosidae is the biggest problem. You will have to get T1 accuracy on gloves and the open ring socket. And even then you won't get over ~83% chance to hit. Which will translate into a massively lower crit chance (think almost half) for Cyclone which will result in actually lower DPS with two Cospris than you would get with Lycosidae. And even if you somehow manage to get 90% chance to hit by getting some accuracy nodes (which in turn would mean less damage nodes) 90% chance to hit is ~20% lower crit chance when compared to 100% chance to hit. There is a reason why Lycosidae is used in pretty much all the non-bow crit builds :D

Scion should be fine as a choice. As long as one of the classes is Assassin. For second class my choice in order would be: Elementalist>Inquisitor>Pathfinder

All in all I think that only the choice to go Scion is actually close to being as good as following this guide. Everthing else you have planned should result in much lower damage potential. Provided of course that you don't massively change the tree.

I think CoC Glacial Cascade could be pretty sweet. But as I said, the tree for that would look very different from this.

Edit: Just realized what you propose is pretty much Mathils current build. If you want to do that too, just follow his build at this link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mathil/characters

This build here has very few things in common with his idea. Just a warning though, his has significantly less damage potential.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 30, 2017, 7:48:41 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
khachavippoe wrote:

There are a few issues with all of that.

Why cold damage? Hypothermia is much more damage.

Cold penetration is not the best choice for damage at this point, we already have 45% penetration and -48% enemy cold resistance.

Glacial Cascade will work, but would make this build much more "melee". Forstbolt has an insane range. I just don't see a reason to make this change. Won't really be more damage or anything as we don't scale physical and cold but only cold. Just much less range. If you really want to go CoC Glacial Cascade, make a seperate build, because then scaling physical damage would be what you want to do. But then I would go with purely Glacial Cascade in your 6link and also in your Cospri with Lycosidae in offhand. Here is why:

Getting rid of Lycosidae is the biggest problem. You will have to get T1 accuracy on gloves and the open ring socket. And even then you won't get over ~83% chance to hit. Which will translate into a massively lower crit chance (think almost half) for Cyclone which will result in actually lower DPS with two Cospris than you would get with Lycosidae. And even if you somehow manage to get 90% chance to hit by getting some accuracy nodes (which in turn would mean less damage nodes) 90% chance to hit is ~20% lower crit chance when compared to 100% chance to hit. There is a reason why Lycosidae is used in pretty much all the non-bow crit builds :D

Scion should be fine as a choice. As long as one of the classes is Assassin. For second class my choice in order would be: Elementalist>Inquisitor>Pathfinder

All in all I think that only the choice to go Scion is actually close to being as good as following this guide. Everthing else you have planned should result in much lower damage potential. Provided of course that you don't massively change the tree.

I think CoC Glacial Cascade could be pretty sweet. But as I said, the tree for that would look very different from this.

Edit: Just realized what you propose is pretty much Mathils current build. If you want to do that too, just follow his build at this link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mathil/characters

This build here has very few things in common with his idea. Just a warning though, his has significantly less damage potential.

Thank you for help.
Well, at least our stuff is worth more now :D A basic cospri is 1 ex instead of 10c and the one I got for 30c that's corrupted with culling strike is now 10 exas minimum ^^.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Got a small upgrade to the belt slot..

New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOE4y8vZD1Q
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Sep 30, 2017, 11:17:33 PM
"
Crovaxx wrote:
Got a small upgrade to the belt slot..

New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOE4y8vZD1Q

Nice video. I tried using Inspired Learning to see how good HH would be for the build. It was quite nice, even with only that one jewel (socketed right of assassin area, moved the treshold jewel to left of templar start) it was a huge clearspeed boost. Will go back to it after I get a few more levels.
Hey guys. Does the wise oak snapshot? Like I use wise oak to get the pen of the element I want, then after I used it I use dying sun which gives me 50 fire res. Does it update when I press dying sun or is the "original" oak still active (which would be cold, , Fire > cold if I use dying sun)
"
Hassemannen wrote:
Hey guys. Does the wise oak snapshot? Like I use wise oak to get the pen of the element I want, then after I used it I use dying sun which gives me 50 fire res. Does it update when I press dying sun or is the "original" oak still active (which would be cold, , Fire > cold if I use dying sun)

Nope, no snapshotting in PoE. Your configuration during exactly that very instant always counts. That is a global rule for everything inside the game. So as soon as you activate your Dying Sun the benefits from Wise Oak are gone. I have stacked a ton of cold res to make both work together, the extra projectiles are just too good for my clear speed.

You can read about how and why they removed it from the game 3 years ago here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/951414
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 30, 2017, 7:01:42 PM
Welp, guess I need to drop fire res from some items then. I just find it hard to fit resists in with using a headhunter :>

But I'll make it work, aiming for 100% dying sun uptime. I agree with the projectiles being too good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info