[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
frizzle11 wrote:

Anyone experienced w/ this build take a look @ my gear and let me know if you think this should be sufficient to do shaper/uber elder/etc with? If It's not, what would you recommend looking to replace?

I feel like I still get 1-shot by random betrayal mobs, and occasionally by bosses... But this is 1st time playing the build. Is that just how it is? (you do lots of dps, but you have to dodge everything bosses throw at you?)

I'm sitting on 4.3k life, 500 ES, and 2200 mana

Tooltip DPS in H/O (no flask, ailment, etc. buffs)
105k GC (If i Put GC in chest it hits 130k)
30k Arc

I think it's how this build works.... I have 470k dps in pob but betrayal enemies are the pain in ass... many rips from them
"
Troya9202 wrote:
Hi! I`ve been playing your build since the beginning of 3.5 - thank you very much! I love it!
However, I do have a question.
I`m using the MoM version, with Yoke.
What do you believe is stronger for 6L GC, Controlled Destruction or Trap and mine damage? T&M Damage shows up as giving more damage.
Please help! Thank you very much once again.

according to the pob this is the optimal setup with yoke:
gc - remote mine - inc crit - hypo - controlled - conc
I have a +1/+2 shavs, but I need to keep colors BBBGGR for another build. GC + remote + conc + mine dmg + cold pen + empower sounds about right?
"
frizzle11 wrote:

Anyone experienced w/ this build take a look @ my gear and let me know if you think this should be sufficient to do shaper/uber elder/etc with? If It's not, what would you recommend looking to replace?

I feel like I still get 1-shot by random betrayal mobs, and occasionally by bosses... But this is 1st time playing the build. Is that just how it is? (you do lots of dps, but you have to dodge everything bosses throw at you?)

I'm sitting on 4.3k life, 500 ES, and 2200 mana

Tooltip DPS in H/O (no flask, ailment, etc. buffs)
105k GC (If i Put GC in chest it hits 130k)
30k Arc

Did you make any changes to your character?

Your current setup shows 228671 PoB shaper dps. Tooltip wise, I get 104k dps in h/o without flasks etc and my non-shock pob dps is 500k (With vaal RF, yours showed 311k with VRF)
I don't understand how you're getting more tooltip dps than I am but lesser pob dps.

In any case, 300k pob dps is enough for shaper. Uber elder can be done if you're good at dodging. Just don't facetank anything.

Edit: You should also get Lavianga's flask. It's a lifesaver on many occasions. Wise Oak is good too if your cold is maximum. Get boot enchants to penetrate ele res. (Do it on your Kaom's Roots too if you're aiming for Uber Elder)
Loreweave and any +1.5% crit to spells chest are similar damage wise. So choose whichever strikes your fancy.

Last edited by Dying__Lights on Jan 9, 2019, 7:48:47 AM
Just a few questions:

For those doing DPS checks, are you calculating it per mine or all the mines? I assumed it was per mine so when I was checking out my own personal DPS (after completing my tree/qualitying gems that is), it felt severely lacking. If the latter, then I guess my DPS is on a satisfactory level for me.

What are the benefits of using Yoke of Suffering over a Shaper amulet with stuff like Crit Multi/Gain X as Ele/Chaos? Inputting some of the Shaper amulets show increases in damage on PoB whereas with Yoke, it remains the same.Is it just the shock on mobs or does it give some advantages on bosses -- I was told that elemental ailments on bosses are generally low.

Any preferences for a Hatred Watcher's Eye aside from the very strong Crit Chance and, imo, unnecessary Phys to Cold conversion ones? Is the added cold worth it or would Hatred Penetration be overkill for boss killing?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by おねえちゃん on Jan 10, 2019, 3:12:14 AM
"
Just a few questions:

For those doing DPS checks, are you calculating it per mine or all the mines? I assumed it was per mine so when I was checking out my own personal DPS (after completing my tree/qualitying gems that is), it felt severely lacking. If the latter, then I guess my DPS is on a satisfactory level for me.

What are the benefits of using Yoke of Suffering over a Shaper amulet with stuff like Crit Multi/Gain X as Ele/Chaos? Inputting some of the Shaper amulets show increases in damage on PoB whereas with Yoke, it remains the same.Is it just the shock on mobs or does it give some advantages on bosses -- I was told that elemental ailments on bosses are generally low.

Any preferences for a Hatred Watcher's Eye aside from the very strong Crit Chance and, imo, unnecessary Phys to Cold conversion ones? Is the added cold worth it or would Hatred Penetration be overkill for boss killing?

Thanks in advance!

Depending on your gem/gear setup, you are always detonating at least two mines (with shaper helemt you place 2 mines per skill usage, with minefield you place 3, you are also probably placing more than one set of mines per second) and if you use long winter and position yourself correctly, you can hit bosses with multiple bursts (shotgun effect). You can use DPS per all mines on bosses with phases where you can reliably stack them (e.g. shaper, elder guardians, Carcass map boss, etc.). Yoke gives a more multiplier (5% from chill which we inflict with gc or vortex/cold snap setup, 5% from shock (although chance to shock is rather low on yoke). I think it's an overkill especially with yoke prices in the last leagues.
Cold pen is better than flat cold on a watcher's eye for bossing (in general ele pen is always better than flat damage for bossing unless you are playing inquisitor).
Last edited by chaoval on Jan 10, 2019, 10:40:22 AM
"
chaoval wrote:

Depending on your gem/gear setup, you are always detonating at least two mines (with shaper helemt you place 2 mines per skill usage, with minefield you place 3, you are also probably placing more than one set of mines per second) and if you use long winter and position yourself correctly, you can hit bosses with multiple bursts (shotgun effect).

What do u mean by position myself correctly? Still dont fully understand how to shotgun with GC mines..

"
Chr0no wrote:
"
chaoval wrote:

Depending on your gem/gear setup, you are always detonating at least two mines (with shaper helemt you place 2 mines per skill usage, with minefield you place 3, you are also probably placing more than one set of mines per second) and if you use long winter and position yourself correctly, you can hit bosses with multiple bursts (shotgun effect).

What do u mean by position myself correctly? Still dont fully understand how to shotgun with GC mines..

GC is basically a series of overlapping circles, with decreased aoe from conc effect we can hit mobs with big hitboxes multiple times. Boss should be somewhere at like 2/3 - 3/4 length of gc range.
Last edited by chaoval on Jan 11, 2019, 2:23:05 AM
why do you not use minefield after you get a +1 mine helm, wouldnt you only put down 2-3 mines per cast? and is there a way to put more mines?? is that less dmg with less mines/less aoe?
"
dragonboi250 wrote:
why do you not use minefield after you get a +1 mine helm, wouldnt you only put down 2-3 mines per cast? and is there a way to put more mines?? is that less dmg with less mines/less aoe?

When you get a shaper additional mine helmet, another damage link is better than minefield (more damage with 2 mines on a 6-link than with 3 using minefield).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info