[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
Dying__Lights wrote:

My current setup. PoB shows Glacial Cascade damage as 400k+ with flasks and Vaal RF up. 300k without VRF. HP is 4300 and 1700 mana. Cleared all content solo including HoGM.
A variation can be with more life with Kaom's chest. Will get to 5300 life Just get a +1 helmet with Hypothermia/Trap and MIne damage. Would make a 6 link and damage is enough that the quality isn't missed.

For more damage, get a +1.5% to crits chest.
For even more damage, get a Watcher's eye with 10% mana recover and +crit with hatred and penetration with hatred. (GG jewel, sell me for 2ex pl0x)
You'd hit the stratosphere with the damage and the core of the earth with the cost. (This version will cost north of 30ex)

PoB is saying that my dmg is only 190k what's wrong with my gear ?

First time playing a GC miner, just swapped to this from a Winter Orb Elementalist. Damage seems good and I could do deathless shaper and pretty much nuke him down in no time.

Mapping however feels so horribly slow. Whirling blades have a visible cooldown which makes it impossible to chain blades to move long distances. And the whole mine>deto combo seems quite clunky when clearing packs (Is fine with totem on bosses).

Am I missing something or is this just par for the course for this build?

I have some lightning penetration stacked up in my setup.
I also have a 15% penetration watcher's eye using wrath. So I'm considering replacing my lightning penetration gem with elemental focus.

In this case I'm aware that I'll lose damage from shock, but
the damage boost also seems quite huge using elemental focus.
Would it be worth the replacement?

Last edited by timorjin on Jan 7, 2019, 9:40:10 AM
"
old_nihilist wrote:
Spoiler
PoB is saying that my dmg is only 190k what's wrong with my gear ?

You probably need to check "is the enemy chilled/shocked" boxes on the configuration screen. Also check the boxes for your damage flasks on the items screen to enable their buffs.
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 7, 2019, 12:22:46 PM
"
Sleuther wrote:
Spoiler
First time playing a GC miner, just swapped to this from a Winter Orb Elementalist. Damage seems good and I could do deathless shaper and pretty much nuke him down in no time.

Mapping however feels so horribly slow. Whirling blades have a visible cooldown which makes it impossible to chain blades to move long distances. And the whole mine>deto combo seems quite clunky when clearing packs (Is fine with totem on bosses).

Am I missing something or is this just par for the course for this build?

Getting attack speed on your weapon/jewels will speed up whirling blades

If you want max dps swap out hypo for trap+mine damage and controlled for ele focus. For faster mapping swap conc for inc aoe.

it takes some time to get used to the mine play style
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 7, 2019, 2:30:27 PM
"
timorjin wrote:
Spoiler
I have some lightning penetration stacked up in my setup.
I also have a 15% penetration watcher's eye using wrath. So I'm considering replacing my lightning penetration gem with elemental focus.

In this case I'm aware that I'll lose damage from shock, but
the damage boost also seems quite huge using elemental focus.
Would it be worth the replacement?

you do a lot more damage when the enemy is shocked. so ele focus might not be worth it. maybe try inc crit in place of lightning pen. more crit = more shock.
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 7, 2019, 6:48:32 PM
POB is showing cold to fire support to be more damage than everything except ele focus, is this to be ignored?

Shows the optimal bossing 6l to be GC - remote mine - conc - ele focus - trap and mine damage - cold to fire.

Anyone experienced w/ this build take a look @ my gear and let me know if you think this should be sufficient to do shaper/uber elder/etc with? If It's not, what would you recommend looking to replace?

I feel like I still get 1-shot by random betrayal mobs, and occasionally by bosses... But this is 1st time playing the build. Is that just how it is? (you do lots of dps, but you have to dodge everything bosses throw at you?)

I'm sitting on 4.3k life, 500 ES, and 2200 mana

Tooltip DPS in H/O (no flask, ailment, etc. buffs)
105k GC (If i Put GC in chest it hits 130k)
30k Arc
Last edited by frizzle11 on Jan 8, 2019, 3:09:03 AM
I switched from Arc MoM to LL GC now and I feel like my damage is realy low.
Can anyone tell me what I missed please (besides my GC being lvl 19 atm and my weapon getting multimodded when I have enough ex again)?

Spoiler
Last edited by BansheeLP on Jan 8, 2019, 4:38:56 AM
Hi! I`ve been playing your build since the beginning of 3.5 - thank you very much! I love it!
However, I do have a question.
I`m using the MoM version, with Yoke.
What do you believe is stronger for 6L GC, Controlled Destruction or Trap and mine damage? T&M Damage shows up as giving more damage.
Please help! Thank you very much once again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info