[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

Spoiler
"
Myo wrote:
1) The LL POB has 74 str but various gems (inc. duration, blood magic) need 111 str for lv20..are people using <lv20 versions of these gems, getting +30str nodes as needed, what?

2a) ... Do I just do whatever configuration fits my life, or is there an aura priority?

2b) Hatred only on essence worm and with a watcher's eye?

3) gem arrangement
1) The gem levels linked in the build are correct, ignore the requirement issues. Find/buy/craft attribute gear that allows you to meet the gem requirements - it shouldn't be too difficult. Avoid unnecessarily high requirement item bases to make things fit.

2) You want to use Discipline and Clarity with Blood Magic to reach low life. Clarity increases the amount of reserved mana with each level and is multiplied by Blood Magic's mana multiplier - so don't over-reserve your life pool. Enlighten @lvl 3/4 linked to both of these helps immensely.

The soul gained from a kill will be randomly distributed to only one of your uncharged Vaal gems. Experiment with different setups, play what you like or think is good.

Put Hatred in Essence Worm. You don't need Watcher's Eye to make Hatred worth it.

3) You want Enfeeble maxed so it has to be linked with Curse on Hit and any attack or spell. Keep CWDT at a low level.

Try to fit Flame Dash, Frost Bomb, and Arcane Surge into a single 3L to reduce redundancy.

GC -> Remote -> inc. crit -> inc. aoe -> ele focus -> trap & mine is likely best 6L setup with +1 mine shaper helm when starting out. Swap aoe for conc when bossing.
My gear now is
"

it feels nice until red maps.... what should I improve ?
Last edited by old_nihilist on Jan 5, 2019, 11:28:53 AM
Get an Atziri flask. Cheapest upgrade.
"
Spoiler
hi I am new to the game but have a question about the Windz's GC Miner Sabo. In the guide he wants us to link Frost Bomb with Increased Duration, but in the path of building application, it says to link Frost Bomb with Arcane Surge and Flame Dash? So which one do I choose?

I am really frustrated with many of the guides on these forums because there is so much conflicting information regarding gem links.

The guide that has helped me so much in this game is Enki's Arc Witch guide, it is very detailed and helpful for new players.

I really want to play a mine/trap character now and having trouble understanding guides like this.

Why are the gem links in the guide not matching with the ones in the Path of Building application?

Why are the levels not listed for each gem in the gem setup section?

Why are there no recommendations for gear? What stats should be on each piece?

This game is amazing, but please if you help new players this game will grow a lot!

enki's guide is probably the most hand holding guide on these forums. pretty much all of the info for windz build is in his pob. i'm glad there are guides like this because you can't just blind copy the build. you have to figure out what works best for you and you learn a lot along the way.

here's my frost bomb setup. windz has frost bomb at level 2 in the pob because you might die to ele reflect with it at max level.

Last edited by qaizr on Jan 5, 2019, 12:18:17 PM
"
old_nihilist wrote:
Spoiler
My gear now is
"

nice watcher's eye! you probably don't need a mana flask with that watcher's and atziri's is a lot of damage.
you're over 100% phys to cold conversion so you can replace one long winter with another jewel. clear mind is a good option but you have to link a low level clarity with blood magic so you're not reserving mana.
"
qaizr wrote:
"
old_nihilist wrote:
Spoiler
My gear now is
"

nice watcher's eye! you probably don't need a mana flask with that watcher's and atziri's is a lot of damage.
you're over 100% phys to cold conversion so you can replace one long winter with another jewel. clear mind is a good option but you have to link a low level clarity with blood magic so you're not reserving mana.

but I have only 3800 hp and it is pain ))
"
qaizr wrote:
"
old_nihilist wrote:
Spoiler
My gear now is
"

"
old_nihilist wrote:

you should work on getting your hp up to ~4500. 3800 is too low for the end game.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/EdVonSchlegg/characters

Hey this is my first PoE char ever, so not big on trading just figuring the basics out and i feel like i dont really know how to improve any hints guys?

Thanks a lot big time noob here.
"
EdVonSchlegg wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/EdVonSchlegg/characters

Hey this is my first PoE char ever, so not big on trading just figuring the basics out and i feel like i dont really know how to improve any hints guys?

Thanks a lot big time noob here.

you kinda need to do some trading for this build. the first thing you should get is the helm withe the "place an additional mine" mod. once you have that you can swap out minefield for controlled destruction.

your first 5 passives are better for gc but it would be 10 refund points to respec to the ele damage nodes.

i would refund the two dynamo nodes and get another jewel slot on your tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info