[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks, through the following changes:
You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.
Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

Since none of this applies to the Glacial Cascade gem imho, the build should not be affected by the change.
"
Nezyrael wrote:
In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks, through the following changes:
You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.
Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

Since none of this applies to the Glacial Cascade gem imho, the build should not be affected by the change.

In the POB link, this build uses whirling blades on weapon#2. That will be affected won't it?
"
"
Nezyrael wrote:

In the POB link, this build uses whirling blades on weapon#2. That will be affected won't it?

I guess you need to use two stat sticks dagger or a sword and a dagger or something like that.
"
Garash wrote:
"
"
Nezyrael wrote:

I guess you need to use two stat sticks dagger or a sword and a dagger or something like that.

Oh, yea I guess since you don't use the dagger to use GC you can still use the other dagger for WB?
What are the other gem links supposed ( auras, movement skills) to be and what unique gear should i be looking for
My TR + Quill Rain build was just killed so lets go for the plan B ;p Waiting for Windz's comments about the patch ^^
"
nogenem wrote:
My TR + Quill Rain build was just killed so lets go for the plan B ;p Waiting for Windz's comments about the patch ^^

Ouch, that build combo took a pounding.
"
"
Nezyrael wrote:

Oh, yea I guess since you don't use the dagger to use GC you can still use the other dagger for WB?

This is how I understand it. I dont think you need a specific weapon in order to be able to cast glacial cascade seeing as its a spell. I am not sure though.

On a sidenote: do you guys use frost bomb for single target dps in act1 or just for the cold res debuff?

While leveling is a trap and mine damage BiS for a 4l arc/gc? (Arc/gc + remote mine + minefield beeing the prior 3L)
Last edited by Garash on Dec 5, 2018, 12:54:05 AM
This is going to be my league starter for 3.5 also.

Could some experienced people (maybe Windz if he sees this) talk a bit more about Support Gem Links?

After getting a +1 mines placement helm, we abandon minefield right? Then we can only put 2 mines at a time? This is deemed sufficient for mapping and boss fights?

Also, I have trouble deciding between:

Hypothermia
Controlled Destruction
Cold Pen
Trap & Mine Damage support

Out of these, which 2 should be used for all-purpose set up?

Thanks! This build is going to get a LOT of attention in the coming days after the patch notes. GC miners unite :D
Hey Windz, what jewels do you use before you get 40% watchers?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info