[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

can this work as a trap build instead of mines?
"
punch1inerock wrote:
can this work as a trap build instead of mines?

As far as glacial cascade, it doesn't work nearly as well with traps as with mines. The reason is that mines auto-target the nearest enemy within range where traps just point in a random direction when they trigger. This makes coverage a lot more of an issue. You avoid that problem with arc because arc itself auto-targets.

The arc trap build is similar to this one, but there are some key differences. You want shaper gloves with +1 traps thrown instead of the shaper helm, different points in the ascendancy, trap passives on the tree instead of mine passives and probably a couple of other minor things. Making those changes isn't super hard for an experienced player, but it's still probably best to find a trap-oriented guide which goes over the finer points to avoid missing anything.
hi, just to share, i used this build as league starter, then went off to elehit slayer for some fun, tried other builds too.

but finally managed to do first ever uber elder deathless with this build at level 95, 7.5 life w/mom, no mirror-tier gear or helm enchant, just shaped dagger and sceptre with shroud and kaoms roots, total phy gain was around 138 and 19 chaos gain. used whirling blades as movement skill.

did watch lots of mathils videos with different builds to pick up movement cues on that fight though.
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
At what point do you guys usually switch from Arc mines to GC mines? Are GC mines too slow for mapping?
"
SchyzoBlue wrote:
At what point do you guys usually switch from Arc mines to GC mines? Are GC mines too slow for mapping?

I'm mostly replying because no one else seems to be answering questions at the moment. I haven't switched off of Arc so I can't comment on the GC clear (I expect it's at least a bit slower) but I have done content through Guardians with Arc.

My thoughts are I'd definitely prefer to do Guardians with GC and everything easier than that (with the exception of maybe 2-3 unusually difficult map bosses / Shaper's stronghold) with Arc. I did go pretty all-in on Arc though with a dedicated 6-link, weapons and Wrath with a Watcher's Eye. It's possible you might want to switch a little earlier if you invest less in Arc, but probably not that much.
I've noticed most people aren't using the spell totem with the detonate mines. Is everyone just spamming "D" now instead of the using the totem?
IGN : thephilosopher
"
09acolby wrote:
I've noticed most people aren't using the spell totem with the detonate mines. Is everyone just spamming "D" now instead of the using the totem?

Yes, since it's instant now. I tossed a detonate gem in a CWDT setup to try it, but it doesn't feel at all necessary.
Done arc traps this league but Ill go this build as a league starter for next league (arc mines though and level gc aside and use that for bosses guardians+).

Ive tried.to.find iiq builds with mines as league starters but this build + sadimas touch + goldwyrm shouldnt be any issues, or?
"
Garash wrote:
Done arc traps this league but Ill go this build as a league starter for next league (arc mines though and level gc aside and use that for bosses guardians+).

Ive tried.to.find iiq builds with mines as league starters but this build + sadimas touch + goldwyrm shouldnt be any issues, or?

It's definitely doable. You'd be giving up around 8% life and mana using my current gear as a guide, though Goldwyrm does have mana regen. I'd probably use a Wise Oak (or any resist flask until you can afford one) to cap resists early in the league to allow picking up more life and mana on the rest of your gear.
Hey, will you make an update when the 3.5 patch notes are out?
I'd like to know you're thoughts on the possible changes this build can get.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info