[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
Edeka wrote:
Hello guys - so I replaced my helmet with a + mine one which totally messed up my resistances for wise oak, meaning I had to divine that helmet. I got myself a stygian belt base i86 and chaos spammed it to an acceptable alternative (cold res is highest uncapped again).

Does the CWDT Setup with Frost Bomb in my helmet still work? It seems like it doesn't... Can anyone recommend me a replacement?

You were probably better off buying a rolled stygian vise and Frost Bomb will not work with the helmenty because of remote mine skill.
"
Edeka wrote:
Hello guys - so I replaced my helmet with a + mine one which totally messed up my resistances for wise oak, meaning I had to divine that helmet. I got myself a stygian belt base i86 and chaos spammed it to an acceptable alternative (cold res is highest uncapped again).

Does the CWDT Setup with Frost Bomb in my helmet still work? It seems like it doesn't... Can anyone recommend me a replacement?

Swap you gems around, use your helm for "attacks" instead of spells. For example, switch your shield charge link to your helm, it should work fine. Get 3 sockets of your shield. I personally self cast Frostbomb since come a certain point, the only valuable defensive thing become Enfeeble on a CWDT setup but since you don't use Yoke of suffering, I won't go into details.

You're using a Wiseoak however, do some basic Maths before buying gears to try and balance elemental resistance so that they're all equal for a huge non-tooltip damage boost when you use wiseoak. So consider this whilst shopping for a Yoke of suffering which has resist to all 3 elements. I'm not going to explain why Yoke is great, I've already made tons of post and videos about it.

Also Dude, you got to be smart about what you buy, don't just buy a helmet as you did then realise you fucked up your resistances, that ain't how you shop, do some maths first. Same deal with the belt, ilvl 86 is great and all but doesn't really mean jackshit for us...the reason people get ilvl 86 stygian belts is to craft and crafting IS expensive and on top of that the only mod you want from an ilvl 86 stygian belt is "50% elemental damage with attack skill" which doesn't work for us in the first place. I'm unsure who told you to get that ilvl 86 belt but you could have spent less on an already well rolled high health, mid to high single or dual resist stygian vise rather than chaos spam.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on Apr 15, 2018, 9:52:42 AM
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Swap you gems around, use your helm for "attacks" instead of spells. For example, switch your shield charge link to your helm, it should work fine. Get 3 sockets of your shield. I personally self cast Frostbomb since come a certain point, the only valuable defensive thing become Enfeeble on a CWDT setup but since you don't use Yoke of suffering, I won't go into details.

You're using a Wiseoak however, do some basic Maths before buying gears to try and balance elemental resistance so that they're all equal for a huge non-tooltip damage boost when you use wiseoak. So consider this whilst shopping for a Yoke of suffering which has resist to all 3 elements. I'm not going to explain why Yoke is great, I've already made tons of post and videos about it.

Also Dude, you got to be smart about what you buy, don't just buy a helmet as you did then realise you fucked up your resistances, that ain't how you shop, do some maths first. Same deal with the belt, ilvl 86 is great and all but doesn't really mean jackshit for us...the reason people get ilvl 86 stygian belts is to craft and crafting IS expensive and on top of that the only mod you want from an ilvl 86 stygian belt is "50% elemental damage with attack skill" which doesn't work for us in the first place. I'm unsure who told you to get that ilvl 86 belt but you could have spent less on an already well rolled high health, mid to high single or dual resist stygian vise rather than chaos spam.

Hey Shadow, have you considered making your own build guide ? Rather curious to see how you did your setup. Really like your build and the videos.
Hi guys,
Can you pls check out my character and tell me how should I improve it? I have 10ex, and i was thinking maybe i get a shapper dagger, but good dagger with 2xT1 “gain % of phys” is more than 10 ex already. Also i wanted to ditch 2 long winters and get dps jewels but then i would lose conversion, and if i get helmet with 40% conversion i’d lose the additional mine. Please tell me what would be the best way to improve my character based on my budget? Thank you in advance.
"
melanchrono wrote:
Hi guys,
Can you pls check out my character and tell me how should I improve it? I have 10ex, and i was thinking maybe i get a shapper dagger, but good dagger with 2xT1 “gain % of phys” is more than 10 ex already. Also i wanted to ditch 2 long winters and get dps jewels but then i would lose conversion, and if i get helmet with 40% conversion i’d lose the additional mine. Please tell me what would be the best way to improve my character based on my budget? Thank you in advance.

Well 2x T2 or 1x T1/1x T2 is still better than yours and costs around 50c-5ex. Yours is a 20-50c dagger at best so it shouldn't be a problem finding an upgrade. You could always try to get the enchant yourself, gc mines work very well in uber lab atm. Or you could buy a shaper base with the enchant and try to roll additional mine, not sure what that costs. Also, link your helmet? It looks like you haven't got faster attacks into shield charge.

Duggers:
http://poe.trade/search/nzutatanonomoh
Last edited by Kamelkungen on Apr 15, 2018, 12:40:13 PM
"
Also, link your helmet? It looks like you haven't got faster attacks into shield charge.
omfg, you’re right, that explains why it was so fucking slow, I’ve been shield charging without faster attack whole time. Good call my dude :)

"
Well 2x T2 or 1x T1/1x T2 is still better than yours and costs around 50c-5ex. Yours is a 20-50c dagger at best so it shouldn't be a problem finding an upgrade. You could always try to get the enchant yourself, gc mines work very well in uber lab atm. Or you could buy a shaper base with the enchant and try to roll additional mine, not sure what that costs.

Duggers:
http://poe.trade/search/nzutatanonomoh
yeah most of my gears are mediocre at best, I was just not sure where to begin. I’ll upgrade my dagger first then, thank you for advice. About running lab myself, that’s a good idea but i play on a shitty laptop, so it makes izaro fight and traps much more difficult.
Благодарю всех из этой темы, много чего полезного для себя взял из ваших обсуждений! И вот что из этого вышло: Path of Exile 3.2 - Elder (T14) Glacial Cascade Miner

Ps. I thank all of this topic, I took a lot of useful things from your discussions!
"
Plaux wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Hey Shadow, have you considered making your own build guide ? Rather curious to see how you did your setup. Really like your build and the videos.

I've been asked to by a lot of people in game to do so. I just can't be bothered doing so as it's just a variation from Windz with a min-maxing perspective and I can't be bothered managing a whole thread lol.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
"
Plaux wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

I've been asked to by a lot of people in game to do so. I just can't be bothered doing so as it's just a variation from Windz with a min-maxing perspective and I can't be bothered managing a whole thread lol.

If you want to send me a mini guide of your variation id be more than happy to have a section in the guide. Pob, videos, and some explanation of gear choices etc.

Still looking for some gear improvements to make the uber elder fight more smooth,

I have the faster ES recharge watcher's eye. Can't see any major improvements in gear right now that would actually be worthwhile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info