[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

GG build by Windz, uber elder done. Thinking to change into ranged character now, I'll be putting my gear up for sale.

I have probably said it before in the thread, but a big thanks again to Windz for this build.

Thanks as well to ShadowGenisys, as he has given solid advice to so many people throughout the current 200 pages of this thread.

Uber Elder down, 1st try, few deaths though (3 portals), didn't get anything special:

@ShadowGenisys, I took your advice and stuck with what I had, except changed my daggers and belt/jewel, per your suggestion.

I think the next biggest thing is to get a decent pair of boots with the 10% ele pen enchant.

"
Mirchea wrote:
You have 3 options:
- pick up 2 extended (type of) charge nodes
- pick up 1 extended (type of) charge node + 1 (or several) corrupted jewels
- socket a less duration gem in an item with aspect crafted on it (need to be double checked)

That last part doesn't make any sense. Like we're trying to extend the duration of the buff alternating phase to at least 12 seconds so that it can refresh itself w/o dropping the frenzy/power charges off, totally the opposite of what less duration would do, once I log on I'll test it out.
Switched to Farrul's Fur and it really makes a huge difference in terms of overall QoL and damage output. Still trying to craft a decent pair of daggers, but after a couple of lucky finds I have roughly 30 ex in bank and I'm wondering if I should just straight up buy new daggers instead. Haven't done Shaper or Atzubertuber yet, but T15 bosses just basically die or phase instantly. Will be shooting for the endgame bosses once I reach 95. Perfectly balancing all resists for The Wise Oak is just juicy.

Should also note that the 18% duration nodes for power/frenzy charges on the tree mean you can get a low roll on the corrupted charge duration implicit. You need over 12 seconds on the charge timer to last until Cat's Stealth refreshes, and getting just 3% is enough. The 4% charge duration corruption on my topmost Long Winter does it for me.

Additionally, at least from a defensive standpoint, I found that dropping the shock effect nodes leading up to Breath of Lightning and instead putting them towards Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics makes it really difficult to die when combined with the Born in the Shadows ascendancy node and a CwDT Enfeeble setup. Only really have to worry about death by desync into bearers/Heralds or degens. All and all, really enjoy this build and if there's any alternative suggestions besides working on my daggers and swapping out my rings (I really like the QoL of Dream Fragments and Essence Worm for now), I'm definitely open to them.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
That last part doesn't make any sense. Like we're trying to extend the duration of the buff alternating phase to at least 12 seconds so that it can refresh itself w/o dropping the frenzy/power charges off, totally the opposite of what less duration would do, once I log on I'll test it out.

I bought a Farrul's Bite just for testing purpose, and I can confirm that it works. The less duration is only applied to the aspect, not the charges, so the buffs are cycling faster. This way, you keep refreshing the charges before they expire. No extended duration nodes are needed this way.

The best way to take advantage of that is either:
- by crafting aspect on an unset ring
- by crafting aspect on gloves (LW + faster casting + swift affliction + less duration setup)
Last edited by Mirchea on Apr 15, 2018, 3:08:17 AM
"
Mirchea wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

I bought a Farrul's Bite just for testing purpose, and I can confirm that it works. The less duration is only applied to the aspect, not the charges, so the buffs are cycling faster. This way, you keep refreshing the charges before they expire. No extended duration nodes are needed this way.

That's interesting. So it reduces the 6 sec cycle to less than 6, effectively, alternating the buff pretty often. Unsure if I like this as an alternative though.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
That's interesting. So it reduces the 6 sec cycle to less than 6, effectively, alternating the buff pretty often. Unsure if I like this as an alternative though.

With increased duration (20/20q), you can make the buffs last longer and "slow down" the cycle. However, the charges will fall off. You might need to adjust the gem level or 2 corrupted jewels to keep them up.

I guess it could be used to give us greater control over the buffs. The second one is the most beneficial for us, so we could get a 10s (or longer) window to burst things down.
Last edited by Mirchea on Apr 15, 2018, 3:24:14 AM
"
Mirchea wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

With increased duration (20/20q), you can make the buffs last longer and "slow down" the cycle. However, the charges will fall off. You might need to adjust the gem level or 2 corrupted jewels to keep them up.

I guess it could be used to give us greater control over the buffs. The second one is the most beneficial for us, so we could get a 10s (or longer) window to burst things down.

Just checked with unset ring.

Yeah I prefer the normal route. Unless I get myself the GC conversion enchant on my helm that is. Then I'd prolly go with reduce duration and use an intuitive leap jewel instead of a long winter in the shadow area for the power charge + frenzy charge nodes w/o getting the duration mini nodes leading to P/F charges.

In case you ask me to still go ahead with it and move the LW jewel somewhere else, well, I do value my dual crit multi, 7% life + another mod more than 1 power charge. However for you it might be worth it if you go reduce duration on aspect of the cat as if you slot in an intuitive leap over at the shadow's area> remove those inc duration nodes, saving you 3 points which you can spend somewhere else since that jewel of yours ain't that good, the crit multi can be easily attained by slapping 1 of those 3 points over at doomcasts' mini nodes and you can get like 12% health from the other intuitive leap you've got rolling around on the westside- pun intended.

I'm unsure if I really wanna continue to min-max this dude lol, I'm at a point where I can almost always instagib Shaper if he doesn't fuck around and go immune phase; yeah I've made some adjustments since that video of me deleting a full health Shaper in 2 seconds.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on Apr 15, 2018, 8:02:09 AM
Hi all, first time as a miner :) i managed to craft this, is it worth a multimod for the ES?

Hello guys - so I replaced my helmet with a + mine one which totally messed up my resistances for wise oak, meaning I had to divine that helmet. I got myself a stygian belt base i86 and chaos spammed it to an acceptable alternative (cold res is highest uncapped again).

Does the CWDT Setup with Frost Bomb in my helmet still work? It seems like it doesn't... Can anyone recommend me a replacement?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info