[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

I've played through the game up to level 82 with a storm burst build and have just switched over to this one to better handle end-game content and also because it seems like a lot of fun. I bought the (hopefully) appropriate gear beforehand and just finished respeccing and I just had a quick question regarding an issue I'm having.

I'm still very new to the build and playstyle but one thing I noticed in the example video in the OP is that after casting RF, when you're just walking around without fighting you don't seem to lose any health or mana, which I assume is due to your life/mana regen rates. Whenever I cast RF however, my health and mana both slowly drain when my character is standing still or just running around and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've made sure purity of fire/clarity are up but I still have the same problem. I read some of the notes you listed regarding regen problems and I've been messing around in Path of Building with the gear I'm using. This is what the stats window looks like. Does anything look off here? http://i.imgur.com/lmpqxxt.png I'm a bit tired as of writing this so I apologize if it's something obvious that I happen to be overlooking.

I'm aware of the biscos in my build and am trying to build around that but I'd definitely like to know if that could be the main reason for my health/mana degen issue.
Last edited by Epocity on Sep 4, 2017, 9:06:38 AM
"
Epocity wrote:
my health/mana degen issue

Your screenshot has 84% res, this looks like RotF and 1% from tree. I'd switch on purity of fire if i were you.

Personally, i run with an aztiri's foible. I've tried running without, but it just doenst feel comfortable for endgame content (bisco for farming is probably fine). The ammount of mana and regen on the foible is just so much ehp with MoM. And running out of mana is deadly in this build, since due to the degen on mana, you might suddenly find yourself unable to shield charge away.

Oh, and also keep an eye on map mods. There is so many bad map mods for this build:
-Elemental weakness
-Vunerability (take extra DoT)
-no/lower regen
- negative max res
Last edited by osiwm on Sep 4, 2017, 9:29:03 AM
"
Ynera wrote:

You lack on a "add # cold/lightning damage". Your elemental equilibrium atm proc only on hit with orb of storm but is quite usefull to let proc him also when you charge around the map.

Bye

I now have Lightning Damge on Attacks but it still rarely procs when charging around.

Nvm. Am too stupid for this build/game. Confused it with the Elemental Overload "buff" - Symbol.
Last edited by remurdered on Sep 4, 2017, 12:27:32 PM
"
osiwm wrote:
"
Epocity wrote:
my health/mana degen issue

Oh, and also keep an eye on map mods. There is so many bad map mods for this build:
-Elemental weakness
-Vunerability (take extra DoT)
-no/lower regen
- negative max res

As Osiwm says, look up at map's mods. That can be painfull.
Your stat are low but positive but you need to add some regen (especially mana) to solve those issues.
Try change some jewel (stun&block rec or 8str/int are trash) with mana regen.

Try to add Righteous Decree talent point or +mana/mana reg under deep wisdom instead of Holy fire atm.

At page 31 there is my pob pastebin, import that and see on calculation tab where my mana regen comes from.

Hope this help :)

Bye
Okay, I'm not getting any mana regen issues, but RF is still draining my life. I doubt just adding life regen will help. Any advice?

Note: Same result with either the Foible or Shaper's Seed.
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:
Okay, I'm not getting any mana regen issues, but RF is still draining my life. I doubt just adding life regen will help. Any advice?

Note: Same result with either the Foible or Shaper's Seed.

You idd need some better equip. Atm your life regen in -152 and mana regen -19.

You need much more mana pool and work on some #% mana regen item.

You have to level up your purity of fire ASAP. (buy an Essence worm ring to put it on)

Change enfeeble with flammability.

Level up till 70 without RF, take Deep Wisdom, Barbarism and Rigteous Decree.

Next 2 point add those jewel socket you are close with and take %life and mana regen.

Remember that the more life you get over your mana, the more degen you have.

If your SR dps is good, try to remove Holy fire (and the other 2 points) and grab #mana/mana reg under Deep Wisdom.

Cap your res (that level 20 ring is useless), grab a Ruby Flask, will help with degen.

Try to remove all that ES, is quite useless :)

"
remurdered wrote:

I now have Lightning Damage on Attacks but it still rarely procs when charging around.

Nvm. Am too stupid for this build/game. Confused it with the Elemental Overload "buff" - Symbol.

Good :)

How progression is goin?
"
Ynera wrote:

Level up till 70 without RF, take Deep Wisdom, Barbarism and Rigteous Decree.

Next 2 point add those jewel socket you are close with and take %life and mana regen.

Thanks for the detailed response. Even with that, Path of Building shows my Life Regen in the negatives, does it need to be in positive before it will be okay, or is a really positive mana regen enough?

And sorry, do you mean "%life, mana regen" or "%life regen, mana regen"?
Was the chieftain version of this build ever made?
Just curious if anyone else has tried using Divination Distillate with this? I actually am quite liking it, together with a Ruby Flask they put me up to 99% fire resist for a few second and I can quickly regen to full HP. I personally found MoM to be not worth the point and gear investment, I'd rather just reserve all of my mana with 3 auras. I'm having no issue farming T14s with bisco's.

also, on Orb of Storms, you should use it with a Doryani's for the free Ele Prolif link. I always shock whole packs the moment I drop my Orb.

char is Ezrikael on my profile

91 gear

Last edited by Dyaven on Sep 4, 2017, 11:12:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info