[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

"
Kellog wrote:
"
Ynera wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:
If I may, I have a question regarding mana regen. Last RF build I played was totem based and that was a while ago. With this build, I seem to loose mana, very quickly, once I stop killing things. Is this what I should expect?

For numbers, PoB tells me:

Total Life: 6427
%Inc Life from Tree: 197%
Life Regen: 633.7

Total Mana: 2538
%Inc Mana from Tree: 152%
Unreserved Mana: -341
Unreserved Mana: -13%
Mana Regen: 196.9

Thanks.

These numbers are quite weird... from mana I mean.

Mine are :
Total Life: 6358
%Inc Life from Tree: 218%
Life Regen: 817.9

Total Mana: 2734
%Inc Mana from Tree: 157%
Unreserved Mana: 2343
Unreserved Mana: 86%
Mana Regen: 354

Without any buff (like cons ground) and still sustain mana and life degen.

Pay attention on -# maximum player resistance and tempchain/vuln curse on map's mod.

Thanks for the reply. I made a couple of changes and now have 244.1 mana regen, however, it's still not enough. Even standing in hideout, mana drops to zero extremely quickly.

Here's my PoB code, maybe someone can tell me if I'm missing something obvious.

https://pastebin.com/QMh1k7YB

Hi, the first thing I see is that you have 3 point (above deep Wisdom) for area damage that are totally waste in my opinion. Put them under deep wisdom (mana and mana reg) and u will see that the net mana regen will be positive ( +3.5 , low value idd but positive).

Remember also that more life u have, more damage you take from RF (and then reflected to mana pool).

Jewels : you have a free slot unused, try to fill this with a #% mana regen jewel. You could also replace Pandemonium Spark with one with mana reg instead of Res (you are already capped on those res).

Change the curse on hit setup, You need flammability on it (not enfeeble)

This is my pastebin if you need https://pastebin.com/Rpb1Ks4g
Last edited by Ynera on Sep 1, 2017, 4:24:30 AM
"
tbltk wrote:
When should I move away from Firestorm + Totem? Also when should I begin using shield instead of a second wand?

Any suggestions would be heaps of help :)

Usually when you take elemental equilibrium, or firestorm will work against you instead of help :p

I suggest around level 40ish. same for shield, when you can add shield charge, fortify and faster attack (this help a lot also in lab)
"
tbltk wrote:
When should I move away from Firestorm + Totem? Also when should I begin using shield instead of a second wand?

Any suggestions would be heaps of help :)

I usually have a tabula and 2 pyre rings for every char but the first of the league, and basically as soon as i can slot in a 4th gem (lvl 18?) and then dont use the firestorm totem anymore. Levelling goes so fast that you outrun the totem cast speed delay most of the time. I use 2 lifesprigs until i equip a RotF on lvl 65, and switch to RF setup
Hey, great guide. Just wanted to say that the formless inferno is great if you have problems with physical damage, with ruby and granite flask I have over 20k armour. Also I have decided to overcap fire res because flammability was destroying me and for extra armour from inferno, and on low life RotF grants me 25% more fire res, which is also converted to extra armour from inferno.
How do you deal with the Chimera Adds?
I can kill the other Guardian fairly easy, but the Chimera Adds kill me instantly
Last edited by Jdizzle1990 on Sep 3, 2017, 8:47:35 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAUBAAPuBAcEswYOCPQJ9gxSDF8QWBJpFCAWbxccGS4aOBynHNwdFB2-HwIhsCSqJy8n7Sj6KYsqjSycMjQy0TOHNZI2xTbYNuk6WDrYOuE8LUGHQ8hFR0WdSRtJT03jTwRQR1NSU6VVxlZIW6BfKl8_ZlRnm2jyakNxeXasfA6AMIKbgseDX4PMg9uD84UyhXuHZY8aj0aQVZctmK2aO5rgm26ce6IAplenCKdVqLmsmK2Nr7e3PriTvKq86sBmxPbGrs9-1HzUj9gk2L3ZYd-G4XPjauRR6-Tr7uw47FXtYe8O8B_xbPJF9kj53fno-tL-Cv6P

Which direction would people suggest heading to first for SC?
So i just allocated Amplify and now i am using conc effect full time. I suggest anyone still using inc aoe to take out the gem and check the size as that is around the size the RF aoe would be with the 3 amplify nodes and conc effect.

Worth it for me.
"
Jdizzle1990 wrote:
How do you deal with the Chimera Adds?
I can kill the other Guardian fairly easy, but the Chimera Adds kill me instantly

I also have not been able to pass the chimera adds yet, and my char is decently geared. Surviving them is hard but doable with potions, a decoy totem and some dodging, but my main issue was that i wasnt killing them fast enough. It feels like a damage gear check to me.

I might give it another try when i have a 6-link, though my armour is a never ending sponge of fuses.
"
LastxResort wrote:
So i just allocated Amplify and now i am using conc effect full time. I suggest anyone still using inc aoe to take out the gem and check the size as that is around the size the RF aoe would be with the 3 amplify nodes and conc effect.

Worth it for me.

Agree.. conc eff also without amplify (in my case) worth a lot also during mapping
Level 65 with Rise of the Phoenix and Shaper's Seed and RF is killing both my life and mana. Could someone take a look at my character (AleisterKane) and let me know what I could fix?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info