[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

If I may, I have a question regarding mana regen. Last RF build I played was totem based and that was a while ago. With this build, I seem to loose mana, very quickly, once I stop killing things. Is this what I should expect?

For numbers, PoB tells me:

Total Life: 6427
%Inc Life from Tree: 197%
Life Regen: 633.7

Total Mana: 2538
%Inc Mana from Tree: 152%
Unreserved Mana: -341
Unreserved Mana: -13%
Mana Regen: 196.9

Thanks.
"
Kellog wrote:
With this build, I seem to loose mana, very quickly, once I stop killing things.
Thanks.

The consecrated ground gives 6% mana regen per second, that probably keeps you topped in combat.

So you might not have enough mana regen, go and equip one (or multiple) of the many items or skills suggested in this guide for more, or make sure you dont take additional damage from map mods

Last edited by osiwm on Aug 31, 2017, 7:24:23 AM
"
elvenroth wrote:
Well, you have a few obvious problems there. First of all, your CWDT will never trigger your IC. Second, you NEVER level your Arcane Surge to level 20. Just keep it around 5-6 so it triggers a lot and helps with the mana regen. Third, why do you need Vitality? Doesn't really matter, you shouldn't be using it. Fourth, your armor seems to be lacking big time, your physical damage reduction must be awful... Fix these and then see what happens :)

I now took care of IC and Arcane Surge. Thanks!
Vitality was just something i tried out didnt really use it.
It's now a Decoy Totem. After finding out i can activate the aura and then assign another skill to the hotkey i also know how to use it now ;)!

"
Ynera wrote:

1) invest currency in quality gems to add power on SR (efficacy and elemental damage, burning damage first)
2) Change pyre with an opal ring with #% mana reg and res/life/mana
3) You need elemental damage over spell damage, so those gloves dont help you too much. Change with oe with armour/evasion with life/mana/res
4) a good marble ammy will help you with life regen.

Hope this help :)

Thank you, I'll take care of that!

Learned more in the last hours of trying to "fix" my char than in the many hours mindlessly playing! Thanks
"
Kellog wrote:
If I may, I have a question regarding mana regen. Last RF build I played was totem based and that was a while ago. With this build, I seem to loose mana, very quickly, once I stop killing things. Is this what I should expect?

Thanks.

These numbers are quite weird... from mana I mean.

Mine are :
Total Life: 6358
%Inc Life from Tree: 218%
Life Regen: 817.9

Total Mana: 2734
%Inc Mana from Tree: 157%
Unreserved Mana: 2343
Unreserved Mana: 86%
Mana Regen: 354

Without any buff (like cons ground) and still sustain mana and life degen.

Pay attention on -# maximum player resistance and tempchain/vuln curse on map's mod.
"
remurdered wrote:

Thank you, I'll take care of that!

Learned more in the last hours of trying to "fix" my char than in the many hours mindlessly playing! Thanks

Thats the way! :)

I noticed another usefull thing you need to fix for a better quality of life.

You lack on a "add # cold/lightning damage". Your elemental equilibrium atm proc only on hit with orb of storm but is quite usefull to let proc him also when you charge around the map.

Bye
Last edited by Ynera on Aug 31, 2017, 9:27:08 AM
Hey Ziggy, just wanted to thank you for the awesome guide.

If you (or someone) could comment on what ideal end game gear looks like that would be awesome. I'm currently max res, 6k hp, and 2k mana with full sustain. Wondering if the move is to respec to Kaom's chest and really max min on rings etc. for resists or what would give a material damage or life boost.
Hej man thanks for the guide! I'm having a blast with this build. Used a 6l since level 51. Got me an doryani at 75. Rotp at 65 en burning damage gloves at 69.
Did full key (6) uber lab at lvl 77 with 5.2k life and 2k mana (1700unreserved) (wihtout uber ascendancy) and depleted izaro in 5-6sec with decoy totem. Currently lvl 80 able to do tier 8-9maps without any struggle.
When should I move away from Firestorm + Totem? Also when should I begin using shield instead of a second wand?

Any suggestions would be heaps of help :)
Last edited by tbltk on Sep 1, 2017, 1:50:53 AM
"
Ynera wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:

Thanks.

These numbers are quite weird... from mana I mean.

Mine are :
Total Life: 6358
%Inc Life from Tree: 218%
Life Regen: 817.9

Total Mana: 2734
%Inc Mana from Tree: 157%
Unreserved Mana: 2343
Unreserved Mana: 86%
Mana Regen: 354

Without any buff (like cons ground) and still sustain mana and life degen.

Pay attention on -# maximum player resistance and tempchain/vuln curse on map's mod.

Thanks for the reply. I made a couple of changes and now have 244.1 mana regen, however, it's still not enough. Even standing in hideout, mana drops to zero extremely quickly.

Here's my PoB code, maybe someone can tell me if I'm missing something obvious.

https://pastebin.com/QMh1k7YB
Loving the build, thanks to all that have worked on it.
I was hoping some of the more experienced templars could take a peek at my char and see where I can best focus my next upgrades.
I have just hit 75 and equipped my Doryani's and am doing T5 maps comfortably while I build a decent map pool. I have a couple points in my tree in not optimal spots to pick up some needed mana regen until I can get it via items.
Any help is appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info