[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

Hello, I'm looking at different variations of a RF/SR build, and despite the lower HP pool, yours seems the most all around well-balanced build. I'm really out of loop, last time I've done RF is when ascendancies came out.

I have both a 39% kaom and shavs on HSC, and I'm debating between your MoM variation with a kaom and essence crafted gloves+helm, a pure life-based RF chieftain/berserker, or a LL variant with a 6L shavs. What do you suggest for shaper farming and general t15+ mapping? I'm afraid that the lowlife variant would be squishier and have to reroll most maps because of bad mods, even though it seems to have way more damage. Currency isn't an issue, I wouldn't be able to afford the most GG mirror worthy gear, but getting some well-rolled gear is doable. There is room for a lot of potentially expensive upgrades in your build too, which is a big plus IMO.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi,

Great thread thanks a lot for all the effort.

I'm pretty new to the game and tried guardian of the Minotaur for the first time today after following the build in this thread, I really struggled and after 5 deaths got him down to 10% hp. I was hoping someone could please look at my items and passive skill tree and let me know what I need to take this build to the next level and get my first guardian and Shaper kills.

Thanks =D
"
Renen wrote:
Can anyone look at my gear and tell me what I can improve? Atm im sitting at 4k life, and cant even afford to remove the Foible or I start degening mana.

first of all non level 20 purity of fire.
second you need mana on more pieces of gear . such as your helm and your rings.

your essence worm is actually part of your problem. its a good ring when you have great gear and have a 21 purity of fire but with your current gear .. you are effectively missing a life roll a mana roll and a mana regen roll.

also you will want the life /mana regen boot enchant

its not uncommon to be losing mana with rf until you have level 20 purity of fire and about 250% mana regen.

Hi, I'm 88 with this build and had a really good time so far. But now I want the last 2 Ascendancy point and I can't beat Izaro. It's also my first Char to even try the uber lab.
I can sustain RF and T8 maps are no problem at all (didn't get further so far). But I dont know how to approach Uber. Without RF i barely do any damage and need to stand still to channel. With RF it's harder to stay alive long enough. What's the best approach?
"
remurdered wrote:
Hi, I'm 88 with this build and had a really good time so far. But now I want the last 2 Ascendancy point and I can't beat Izaro. It's also my first Char to even try the uber lab.
I can sustain RF and T8 maps are no problem at all (didn't get further so far). But I dont know how to approach Uber. Without RF i barely do any damage and need to stand still to channel. With RF it's harder to stay alive long enough. What's the best approach?

Without see your equip/char I personally cant help you a lot.

I suggest (if your damage is a bit low) you to use a Decoy Totem (if you are not into it already).

Then a 6L will for sure help you.

Try to achieve at least 5k (more or less) HP and 1,3k mana unreserved.

Hope this help a bit :)
Spoiler

Thats my EQ, 5.5 Life and 2.1 free mana.
What do I trade out for the decoy? and am I running with RF on or just decoy + SR?
Well, you have a few obvious problems there. First of all, your CWDT will never trigger your IC. Second, you NEVER level your Arcane Surge to level 20. Just keep it around 5-6 so it triggers a lot and helps with the mana regen. Third, why do you need Vitality? Doesn't really matter, you shouldn't be using it. Fourth, your armor seems to be lacking big time, your physical damage reduction must be awful... Fix these and then see what happens :)
Ya drop vitality for decoy totem and if its your first uber lab then focus on dodge attacks and not on dealing damage.

If you place a decoy totem then izaro will attack you once and then he will focus on the totem personally i pretty much burst him down with SR and RF while he is focused on the decoy but if you don't have the damage for that then just play it safe and slow and just passively damage him with RF (no SR) while dodging.

Question - Any other decent gems for RF.
With this build (no inc aoe on tree) i am not comfortable using conc effect but i dont think i would mind dropping inc aoe gem. Its just that i can't think of any gem to replace it.

Empower (???) or IIR is the only thing that would even have an effect right?

Thanks
"
doublerazer86 wrote:
Wesleycay

Can you please post your ideal gear set up for your dual curse tree.

My gear is very simple - just life, mana, mana regeneration wherever possible and enough resistance to overcap.

Essence worm is the only unusual unique.

I run delerium crafted gloves for +30% Dot.

Biscos collar and devotos (Rf enchant) for farming, rare +1 curse amulet and life helm (Sr enchant) for bosses.

ign: WesleyCau (Domination)
"
remurdered wrote:
Thats my EQ, 5.5 Life and 2.1 free mana.
What do I trade out for the decoy? and am I running with RF on or just decoy + SR?

I also add some other tips on EQ:

1) invest currency in quality gems to add power on SR (efficacy and elemental damage, burning damage first)
2) Change pyre with an opal ring with #% mana reg and res/life/mana
3) You need elemental damage over spell damage, so those gloves dont help you too much. Change with oe with armour/evasion with life/mana/res
4) a good marble ammy will help you with life regen.

Hope this help :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info