Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

:(
My more spell damage :/
Why cancel this :/
Last edited by Danilovitch on Aug 1, 2017, 5:54:18 AM
Tbh, I quite liked the spell dmg mod on power charges.

I would think something like 3% spell dmg per power charge, 3% proj dmg per frenzy, 3% area damage per endurance charge would be nice to see just so everyone pretty much can be happy.

Many players who wanted the new power charge change like me and old frenzy players can enjoy a new version while endurance charge would add a new option for left side builds in the end game.
"
KingKestrel wrote:
Please don't listen to Reddit.

Not this lie again

"
KoukenNZ wrote:
Thank you for reopening build diversity, find a better way to tweak charges if they still need a change

And to the people saying "youve caved into reddit, dont listen to reddit" shut the hell up
There was outcry on this forum aswell and the change was not good for build diversity, the very thing path of exile is known for. We dont want this game to end up like D3 where there is 2 or 3 viable builds for each class. We want completely fluid diversity.

Thanks GGG

this
Last edited by darkmatch on Aug 1, 2017, 6:03:17 AM
"
Danilovitch wrote:
:(
My more spell damage :/
Why cancel this :/

it's kinda stupid for melee and archers to get spell dmg with power charges ...why would spells have a trademark on crit
Yes finally, make everything completely shit so we don't have to waste 3 days on figuring out what build to start.
GGG,

first of all thanks for realizing how charge changes would break so much stuff in the game. Glad it won't be in 3.0 release.
I just have to say that this "thematic" thing seems kind of ridiculous: "Blue for spells, green for dexterity, etc"...
Why couldn't we build a ranger spellcaster? I thought that was the point of the whole game. Build stuff whose limits would be our imagination!

If you need to rework them, do it! But don't limit their use to such and such class because that will kill what you have stated was the core of the game.

Waiting (impatiently) for full patch notes and Harbinger supporter packs!

PS: I'm not a pro player (far from it) but I noticed that people complaining about GGG not going through with the changes are people with less than 10 challenges! Why are those people talking if they don't play?? SMH
Last edited by Galen_Cathal on Aug 1, 2017, 6:12:56 AM
Can we remove all immunities in the game (burn, ignite, stun, bleed etc), and have them just be very ineffective against bosses?
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
These changes actually make me excited for the full patch notes, rather than worried.

Good stuff.
"
PayneK wrote:

it's kinda stupid for melee and archers to get spell dmg with power charges ...why would spells have a trademark on crit

This!

"
karitas wrote:
Tbh, I quite liked the spell dmg mod on power charges.

I would think something like 3% spell dmg per power charge, 3% proj dmg per frenzy, 3% area damage per endurance charge would be nice to see just so everyone pretty much can be happy.

Many players who wanted the new power charge change like me and old frenzy players can enjoy a new version while endurance charge would add a new option for left side builds in the end game.

I understand where you are coming from, but no...

There we go with themes again... Ranger has 3 ascendancies and when you play ranger you don't have to play with bow (projectiles). This is not that kind of game. Why insist on that silliness of thematic charges?? Are they overpowered? I dunno, but I do know that doing that would be ridiculous and contrary to what GGG has said about PoE's building possibilities.

A shame about the charge change.

What also concerns me of this new chill and shock is that how easy is it going to be to get these for someone who invests in shock or chill affecting points?

Before it seemed that to gain a benefit out of these changes you actually HAD to invest as otherwise you couldn't deal enough damage to have an meaningful effect come out. Which in my opinion seemed a great idea as then an elemental ailment wasn't something "free" but rather an choice you made and invested points into. Yet everyone seemed to miss this and just complained that it's too hard, yet I saw no one mention about spending some resources to gain added chill/freeze effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info