Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

Well I can't say I'm surprised by you reverting the changes you had in mind.
You have a history of not making changes that would benefit the game if they potentially end up in you making less profit.
And what I mean by that is, not always is listening to feedback good.
And you do this over and over again, listening to clueless people complaining, just because they don't want their favorite build/whatever nerfed.
Does it really come as a surprise they were complaining? Because if it did I'm not sure what to tell you other than maybe get someone with some common sense.
Of course they complain, but would the change make the game better? Yes it would.

And it infuriates me that you consistently fail to deliver sticking to changes that would make the game better because people complain. Another example of such a failure is you don't want to nerf the shit out of movement skills even though it would make the game better because people like them so much (analogous to what Chris said in a video).

To give you a fitting analogy (I like analogies): a fat kid eats ice cream every day. Now you want the kid to stop eating ice cream because it would be more healthy. Of course the kid is furious and hates you for it, but it's more healthy.
I'm sure you would let it eat more ice cream because it complained so much.
Fail on the shock/chill changes!!!

You still downgraded your system. Now it's all about the size of 1 hit, not the amount of damage over time. Skills like ball lightning will be negatively impacted because it's so many small hits. The old system you had accounted for not only size of hit but amount of hits meaning if you dealt a certain amount of damage over time (hit size * hits per second) you would shock. Maybe some system like life leech changes with stacking instances could address that?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 1, 2017, 4:47:11 AM
The changes are not in he beta yet right? So I suppose we will not get a chance to test new shock/chill for few days?
"
Gorden121 wrote:
Well I can't say I'm surprised by you reverting the changes you had in mind.
You have a history of not making changes that would benefit the game if they potentially end up in you making less profit.
And what I mean by that is, not always is listening to feedback good.
And you do this over and over again, listening to clueless people complaining, just because they don't want their favorite build/whatever nerfed.
Does it really come as a surprise they were complaining? Because if it did I'm not sure what to tell you other than maybe get someone with some common sense.
Of course they complain, but would the change make the game better? Yes it would.

And it infuriates me that you consistently fail to deliver sticking to changes that would make the game better because people complain. Another example of such a failure is you don't want to nerf the shit out of movement skills even though it would make the game better because people like them so much (analogous to what Chris said in a video).

To give you a fitting analogy (I like analogies): a fat kid eats ice cream every day. Now you want the kid to stop eating ice cream because it would be more healthy. Of course the kid is furious and hates you for it, but it's more healthy.
I'm sure you would let it eat more ice cream because it complained so much.

hahaha :D

And i agree - now the kid will get used to having its way and throw a fit because that usually works. Negative circle, bad parenting.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 1, 2017, 4:53:22 AM
It must be the 1st time I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH GGG.

Well done, GGG! I just love it when you finally listen to us. These chill and shock changes make a lot more sense and they actually reward us!

As for the charge changes, well done, again! 40% is fine and take your time for the actual changes, as you will have to change a ton of uniques, too !

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
disappointing. If you thought the original changes were OK why back down cos of some complaints? Especially as you'll reintroduce the charge changes later.
Last edited by Chalk_Circles on Aug 1, 2017, 5:08:10 AM
"
Rory wrote:
If we make it or a similar change to Charges in the future, we'll make sure to give more notice and explanation of reasoning.

LMAO!

So let's not nerf it now, but when we are enjoying our build in the beta, let's bring out the nerf hammer! Makes a lot of sense.

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
Chalk_Circles wrote:
disappointing. If you thought the original changes were OK why back down cos of some complaints? Especially as you'll reintroduce the charge changes later.

Two words: Reddit Tears
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Aug 1, 2017, 5:10:18 AM
"
Shotslol wrote:
What was wrong with Split Arrow? Goddamn it rip my build :(

Can we get further details on why the SA jewel isn't going to make it? :((

I'm really disappointed about this. I haven't tried it on Beta and don't know how strong it was, but it was the one thing I had been looking forward to. After the destruction of DoT removing a layer of complexity from many builds, I'd been struggling to look forward to release. It was only really the Split Arrow jewel that was remotely interesting to me.

Couldt care less about charges, but this is quite sad.
I don't post much but here goes..

To the people saying just shitting on Reddit, there were a lot of serious discussion with solid arguments as to why the changes were bad. People gave examples that with such kind of changes to "charges", certain uniques, the way certain skill gems and builds work must be worked on.

They also suggested just flat out nerfing the efficiency of those charges down to a degree where it didn't make sense not to get them but without adding to spell power/attack. Some users actually defended GGG's decision and gave several reasons why.

I know the forums are where more serious discussions take place compared to a cesspool of opinions like reddit but we all just want to enjoy the game. Just don't bash on something senselessly.

I myself actually liked the changes to the charge because it wasn't just a straight up nerf but instead streamlined skills like Blood Rage more because really, what's the point of not running Blood Rage in most builds previously? GGG just had to fiddle with some numbers and I think they would have been golden.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info