Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

"
crigsdigs wrote:
Good. Changes made builds less diverse imo.

Build diversity only confuses new players and it does not improve the gameplay experience.
PISS weak.

Last edited by Knited on Aug 1, 2017, 4:13:41 AM
Why you let a minority like reddit decide, what is the best for the game is beyond me. Are you gonna listen to 4chan next to? This is so f....... sad..
"
Archwizard wrote:
I don't get why people are saying Reddit balanced the game. I don't read Reddit, cus fuck that place, but there's a 38 page thread here where many, many people said they did not like the changes. Not every post there was against the changes, but the vast majority were, including me.

Personally, I think the changes outlined in this manifesto make much more sense for shock and chill. I'm also glad they're not pigeonholing what builds charges can apply to. Changes make to charges should still allow them to be used by the vast majority of builds.

Considering that when talking about any nerfs/changes, the first reaction from people is change resistance and that people who are content with the changes generally don't voice their opinion, using arguments like "vast majority" are pretty void.

You can generally use 1:10 ratio to find the balance between angry/content people when discussing changes. If you find 1 people who is voicing their content against 10 people who are angry, they are propably equally present in the population.
A few losers whinge like little bitches and you pander to them.

You wonder why the majority of the community think your incompetent, to nerf minor things that have little impact to the majority of the user base but pander to pathetic end-gamers and streamers.

You finally nerfed ES to where it shgould be, vinktars SHOULD have been nerfed and retrospective nerfed 5 seasons ago!!!!

Pathetic.
"
OlafKnolaf wrote:
"
crigsdigs wrote:
Good. Changes made builds less diverse imo.

Build diversity only confuses new players and it does not improve the gameplay experience.

Dont get me wrong/offended but this is pure bullshit. Diversity is the strength of PoE. The success of PoE is reasoned in the diversity and possibility to be creative.
I'm pretty sad that the Power Charge changes didn't go through because i was already about to dust off the ol' Aylardex because ADDING the spell damage wouldn't hurt... But, you could still put that modifier on the Aylardex *hint hint*.

Really glad that GGG didn't get too butthurt about the negative response to the changes, hell, if i was in that position where people were saying "GGG doesn't care about their game anymore, GGG doesn't know what they're doing, etc" then i would be really tempted to release the changes anyway out of spite.

Thankyou for listening to the community feedback and i'm looking forward to the 3.0 release knowing that GGG hasn't lost their way and are simply experimenting with ideas (which makes sense since it is a beta).
"
Wilde79 wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
I don't get why people are saying Reddit balanced the game. I don't read Reddit, cus fuck that place, but there's a 38 page thread here where many, many people said they did not like the changes. Not every post there was against the changes, but the vast majority were, including me.

Personally, I think the changes outlined in this manifesto make much more sense for shock and chill. I'm also glad they're not pigeonholing what builds charges can apply to. Changes make to charges should still allow them to be used by the vast majority of builds.

Considering that when talking about any nerfs/changes, the first reaction from people is change resistance and that people who are content with the changes generally don't voice their opinion, using arguments like "vast majority" are pretty void.

You can generally use 1:10 ratio to find the balance between angry/content people when discussing changes. If you find 1 people who is voicing their content against 10 people who are angry, they are propably equally present in the population.

Having worked in Customer Service for decades, I understand that. My point was simply that there was plenty of negative feedback here on these forums that the Reddit comments are misplaced. If you re-read what I wrote, you'll see that was all I said on the topic of community feedback vis-a-vis changes.

When I switched to talking about what I thought of the changes, I only referenced my own viewpoint, I didn't try to use anyone else to justify or support my opinion.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
HOpe you went back on charges for some balance problem and not for the whine on reddit. It was a good buff for non-crit spell casters. Back to try to sustain frenzy charges on every fucking characters yey
I personally feel, that in the end of the day, majority of people hate change. From reading many intelligent responses, and having a basic understanding of PoE, all these changes, to me, go unnoticed. I have accepted, since the first few impactful nerfs, that nothing is sacred, and nothing is permanent. (Most impacting for me was Mjolnir nerf/Aura reservation Nerf, then tormented spirits nerf). Most these people probably have not been around too long to have experienced what I have, but I think it keeps things fresh and healthy. I am now playing RF. Never in my life did I think I would enjoy this build, but here I am....trying out more builds, because the most powerful builds we're not longer as powerful as I wanted them to be thanks to nerfs and changes to the dynamic PoE universe.

GGG, thanks for such a great game. If it wasn't for these constant paradigm shifts, I don't think I would have ever gotten to experience the game the way I do now.

Cheers.
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info