Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

I would like some precision on the behavior. I wanted to roll a firestorm three dragons build on launch, but that build just got absolutely murdered if the many many shock instances that are going to occur are resetting themselves instead of stacking it up to 50%.

So my question is, if you have a build that hits very often, will the shocks stack up to the 50% damage value from all the smaller shocks or will it reset duration on a 1% shock the entire time? This makes a world of difference as you will mostly diminish builds with this shock change instead of making it more reliable.
I am actually concerned about the PC and frenzy charges change that just happened. The worst thing a game can do in my opinion is listen too much to complaints. I always liked GGG for making descisions that seemed horrible and too gamechanging. People would always complain but they would stick to their guns, and i loved that, because in the end it opened up something new for us and everybody enjoyed it in the end. I really hope you don't start listening to the community too much, because i think you should have some personal pride in making changes to your game that YOU feel is correct, even though they get received with... lets say mixed opinions.
GGG, you recently introduced new unique Body Armour for Trappers, that helps to generate Frenzy charges.
Why do Trappers need Frenzy charges that affect now only "more attack damage"?
"
NessOnett8 wrote:

Why do you people just lie? Like, if you have an actual argument to what you're saying, make it.

According to the statistics, less than 12% of players level 90+ in legacy league used blood rage.

Are you a GGG employee? Then post internal logs about your statistical claims, otherwise it's player based and not trustworthy.

"
38 page where people don't like changes....

You know. They nerf Voltaxic some time ago. Btw I hate that day :D . But... should I spam those days in dedicated topic that I don't agree with that - GGG leave alone my Voltaxic!!!??? :P
Or even now... last 2 leagues I played HoW'a ES Raider with VP. Right now after new balance changes I can't leech ES using VP. My build is dead but im not crying coz I know GGG know better what to do to keep balance in the game.

The point is that they know better what they wanna apply. We don't even know what more things they wanna change coz we didn't saw full patch nodes.

And also funny thing. I spent a lot of hours in last 3 days playing beta and I didn't saw a single complaint in chat that new power/frenzy charges are bad.

In my personal opinion new charges were great. Less crit but still extra bonus = "more damage". Besides it is not end of the life when your crit chance is 70% instead of 90%. Maybe it is when you want one-shot every pack coz you made a build with 4k HP.
I personally really like this change. I think that you guys are going in the right direction to build a very strong core base for the game so in future, you guys can add more layers to the existing mechanics.
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé
"
painfrais wrote:
I would like some precision on the behavior. I wanted to roll a firestorm three dragons build on launch, but that build just got absolutely murdered if the many many shock instances that are going to occur are resetting themselves instead of stacking it up to 50%.

So my question is, if you have a build that hits very often, will the shocks stack up to the 50% damage value from all the smaller shocks or will it reset duration on a 1% shock the entire time? This makes a world of difference as you will mostly diminish builds with this shock change instead of making it more reliable.

That's generally the issue with all the aliments. They all depend on high base damage, making every low base damage skill and weapon completely unsuitable for aliment scaling.
Appreciated the rollback, but 40% seems not good enough. Better leave 50% and remove Diamond Flask from game completely. This will solve most crit balance problems if not all.
"
oRieLLi wrote:
HOpe you went back on charges for some balance problem and not for the whine on reddit. It was a good buff for non-crit spell casters. Back to try to sustain frenzy charges on every fucking characters yey

In this thread was two good suggestion, that better than split frenzy more damage to olny attack damage and spell damage for power charges:

1. Add to elemental overload bonus for power charges, that means more chance to trigger EO because more power charges = more crit chance, and direct improvement to non crit casters with charges, because +40% more damage and +% for every power charge.

2. Add threshold to number of charges. 1-4 - only basic bonuses (tier 1), 5-8 - additional bonuses (tier 1 + tier 2), 9+ - maximum possible bonuses (all three tiers). No planned to invest into charges - no additional bonuses. Want that power charges be usefull to non crit - invest in them to tier 2 and have some bonuses. I think this suggestion can make power charges viable ever to RT builds, if GGG make deep work with it :"D
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Glad the change to frenzy didn't make it, build diversity is what makes this game good. But i think some nerf/change could make them less generic.

Maybe go for frenzy charge: grants 4% more attack damage and 3/4% more cast speed (and remove the inc. attack and cast speed alltogether). Way it is now is that it's way easier to get attackspeed on tree and items than cast speed (which sure is compensated by higher base damage on spells). However, not all spells (channeling) can run spell echo, so this proposed change could add to that. AS for this affecting traps and mines, someone else could prolly think up something since i never played those : ).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info