[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Warranx wrote:
Herald of Ash says "More Burning Damage" in the Beta, does this only affect the herald's damage or would this potentially be great for this build?

it only affects the heralds damage, its in line with how it worked before.

also have tested it out of curiosity

Ah Thanks for the response. I'm a bit curious why you chose stone golem instead of Fire Golem. Obviously stone golem's regen is awesome for running labs, but is it really that good while general mapping?
The liferegen is worth 1-2% depending on the total life (105 liferegen are 1.5% on 7.5k life). Thats worth over 3 minor regen nodes. Flamegolem doesnt compete with that efficiency.

on top he taunts. Not only do the mobs attack the golem, its also a -10% less dmg modifier against us and the totems.

Flame golem just grants 20% damage which is worth 2 very bad damage nodes. I'd rather use a lightning golem for attack and castspeed instead ;)

The build cannot have any form of leech or similar stuff. It purely survives (besides mitigation and dodging stuff) with liferegen and flasks.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 28, 2017, 3:23:27 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
The liferegen is worth 1-2% depending on the total life (105 liferegen are 1.5% on 7.5k life). Thats worth over 3 minor regen nodes. Flamegolem doesnt compete with that efficiency.

on top he taunts. Not only do the mobs attack the golem, its also a -10% less dmg modifier against us and the totems.

Flame golem just grants 20% damage which is worth 2 very bad damage nodes. I'd rather use a lightning golem for attack and castspeed instead ;)

The build cannot have any form of leech or similar stuff. It purely survives (besides mitigation and dodging stuff) with liferegen and flasks.

Makes sense. I just figured the regen would be worth less if you played zerker cause of Enduring Cry, but having something permanent additional defense is nice. Thanks for the reply.

Btw I tried this out in Beta to test for league starter, and I had pretty bad luck getting weapon drops, I maintained relevance by using Rustic Sash recipe on weapons, but switching to totems asap didn't feel that bad. After library quest, though totem damage skyrockets.
Last edited by Warranx on Jul 28, 2017, 3:48:24 PM
Its a bit nasty until ~lvl 40 (rf gains + 1 radius and aoe gem is aviable with 38), after that its pretty smooth and gets better and better with every level.

earlier i used firestorm and a firestorm totem to level, but i like the sunder route way more

"

In earlier versions i used triple curses on blasphemy (with Soveignity) which worked good.

Which 3? And is just Sovereignty enough or did you need an enhance too? I like this news, I love running lots of curse auras :D

Edit: Nevermind, you answered this in a later post!
Last edited by Andizlack on Jul 28, 2017, 4:26:48 PM
"
Andizlack wrote:
"

In earlier versions i used triple curses on blasphemy (with Soveignity) which worked good.

Which 3? And is just Sovereignty enough or did you need an enhance too? I like this news, I love running lots of curse auras :D

Edit: Nevermind, you answered this in a later post!

Well you can go batshit crazy on curses, there are 5 that work well.

I just didnt add it in the mainguide because it requires more awareness (and currency) to mapmods ;)

Another reason are guardians and shaper with their 80% less curse effectiveness.

Soveignity keeps enough mana to use any skill with 3 blasphemys up, except searing bond (that needs a bloodmagic support).

It's reasonable to stack curses on the build (while not being that great if you wanna kill endgame bosses).

Some +1 curse amu, windscream boots and you got Arctic armour, 2 defensive blasphemys and 2 offensive curses with curse on hit.

Asenaths gentle touch with a elemenal weakness corruption is another option ;)

You could even go so far and build a ci/low life/hybrid Occultist curse support with 2x doedres, +1 from occulitst, +1 from the tree, windscream, +1 curse amu, asenaths with ele weakness corruption and run 7 curses. 3 on blasphemy, 2 curse on hit and 2 on hit while still having great solo capabilitys with rf totems.

You could get good enough es on the belt, shield, chest and helmet, have just 2 gemsetups to curse and that sweet unstoppable recharge ;)

I should make something like that in path of building :p

Milky, just checking if I'm interpreting your leveling guide correctly: we use added fire damage, faster attacks and melee physical damage for our cleave/sunder while levelling, correct? Are there any other melee support gems that could be useful at this stage of the game?
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
Milky, just checking if I'm interpreting your leveling guide correctly: we use added fire damage, faster attacks and melee physical damage for our cleave/sunder while levelling, correct? Are there any other melee support gems that could be useful at this stage of the game?

yeah some of the new, but they even changed some yesterday...too eary to add others i would say.

I would add ruthless, onslaught, chance to bleed (for the flat phys) and other stuff on the list.

"
Milkyslice wrote:
Possible is everything. As long as the specc has the core stuff (enough life, important dmg nodes and totemlife) it can work well.

Blasphemy with 1 or 2 curses seems way better now (played some ci occultist with 2 blasphenys + discipline as far as i remember).

Windscream or a +curse amulet or the +curse cluster are three options with a soulmantlesetup than work with that.

If mom is still useful with that is another thing ;)

I would think about temp + enfeeble blasphemy and arctic armour, OoS with flammability, use windscream and the curse nodes.

To make room for the 4 extra gems i would remove enduring cry, duraion and vaal lightning trap (nerfed anyway) in the helmet and move decoy totem in the weapon for CWDT. The 4 points spend into mom can go almost 1:1 in the curse nodes (needs 1 point).

searing bond would be harder to use with 5% free mana.

The guide in the mainpost is just the easiest, new player friendly version (i would say). Cut everything out to make it less confusing.
As long as variations make some sense there is nothing wrong is that and even may the build more enjoyable for that person.

I was against much manareservation lately, but only because blasphemy was gutted. Now it might work better

Interesting. So seems like I will just ditch MoM and try out having 3 curses again (Temporal/Enfeeble + AA on Mana, Flammability on OoS)

Actually, I keep forgetting to ask this question but, is Searing Bond really -that- necessary? I've stopped using Searing Bond mainly out of laziness and also I'm more used to RF totem + Decoy totem cycle
Searing bond adds around 15-30% more damage, depending on the gear, jewels, amount of rf links and so on.

It will be more useful with the boss hp buffs, but it can also be ditched out.

Instead you could use a scorching ray totem, but that one competes with rf totem and decoy. It at least requires 3 totems and even then its not possible to have a 100% rf uptime and itd more annoying to handle all of that.

So for trashmobs its doesn't matter at all if you have searing bond, but for bosses it can make a difference

Ok here is some occultist curse support rf totem dude :P

https://pastebin.com/Wj5CQapV CI route

https://pastebin.com/6m1PreRy low life route

All ES items have t2 values, ignoring resists but keeping stat requirements in mind.

jewels have the needed totem resists and have very good propertys (mostly low es%, high totemlife and dot dmg)

Overall ofc way more expensive than the normal build, but its actually not bad at supporting (nothing comes even close to a necro support) and very good to do content solo.

Doryanis can be switched to a brightbeak in a support role ofc.

It uses blasphemy + enfeeble + temporal chains + flammability (actually ele weakness because its better in partys but the links have flammability).

Curse on hit with vulnerability and ele weakness.

With partys i would think remove EE for Conduit, since auras can fuck with orb of storms + ee.

This is obviously just the potential (but realistic) gear after playing the char over 1-2 weeks with decent playtime or as a 2nd char. Enlighten (4) alone is pretty expensive for the ci route and presence of chayula for the ll route ;)

ESH´s Visage actually can work pretty nice on a ll route instead of shavronnes.

To enable 5 curses its rather expensive, but 4 seem preety easy to get going. No need for aura reservation nodes, enlighten, heretics veil for the ll route.
For CI only a few reservation nodes would be needed OR heretics veil + one 4% nodes and so on.

For me it looks pretty good and solid mix of support damage solo playability.

Compared to soulmantle chieftains it deals around halve the dmg to guardians/shaper.

For mapping it should be close to unkillable except you tank bearers or fuck up really hard (and run curse immune maps).

like you can see in a few posts below the guide, Soulmantle and ci can work as well

https://pastebin.com/ADPkAh6B something like that with 3 curses (2 defensive on blasphemy).

some stuff might be missing like a vaal discipline, but it should give an idea how it looks like.

Compared to the chieftain life based dude it would a bit lower similar dps, around the same life value as it would have with BM and is way more expensive.

On the flipside the occultist es recovery coupled with temp chains renders the character almost immortal in most mapping scenarios.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 29, 2017, 7:06:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info