[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Andizlack wrote:
Aye, there were two or three things that I would have done differently myself in the first 40 points or so, but this being your guide, I decided to strictly follow your image.

Would you prefer I set them to big changes in nodes regardless of whether or not the numbers look pretty?

that would be better.

I would do it like this:

1. passives until right before the switch, similar to the 20 pts post of me.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDABQg7w5QR3IPxq4aOJBV5FGuPlnzuEd7jIxGEMz4kyu2Xz-sqn7gnld2f3KphMRnm8T2AAAAAA==

2. the next 5 points into the marauder life for another link

3. the 5 melee nodes respecced into ancestral bond

4. blue path (color of the picture)

5+ the other paths until this state

I would mention a few things between each tree like in the picture.
The last tree should have ever major node with 3 pts jewels, 4% lifenodes and so on left.

Maybe i add a tree with things i would skill afterwards, but that state is the "core" tree
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Sounds like maybe you should just do it then, would probably be less work for your overall than tweaking mine. :p Aye, I think the core tree idea is a good plan. The pre-purple stuff in your image was around 85 or so, so I think that would be a great spot.
Any suggestions for leveling gem links? I've played around with the new supports and the Onslaught gem is nice with cleave at least. Gotta make a Scion to get it.
"
TheFrequency wrote:
Any suggestions for leveling gem links? I've played around with the new supports and the Onslaught gem is nice with cleave at least. Gotta make a Scion to get it.

in the beta those are also aviable at the gem vendor.

i am just not sure if they stay as lvl 1 supports and if they change (ruthless did today).
Its the same case for all other new support gems which can play a good roll while leveling until ~lvl 30-40.

On the weekend i can make a little a1-5 playthrough on a marauder and check again whats aviable at each queststage, havent take a look over it on my played chars. Then i can probably add other gems as well ;)

"
Andizlack wrote:
Sounds like maybe you should just do it then, would probably be less work for your overall than tweaking mine. :p Aye, I think the core tree idea is a good plan. The pre-purple stuff in your image was around 85 or so, so I think that would be a great spot.

Yeah its probably better, but thank you anyway :)

I think the picture coupled with the skilltree below are all you guys need to get a overview what to skill next and to check what each node does.

Maybe i even make some uncommented videos where i level through act 1-4 (afterwards there is little happening... we use rf totems and just improve it further)

For those thinking about scion - raider:

"
Huge changes to Chill/Shock & Frenzy/Power Charges! (Chill/Shock based on damage dealt now, Power Charge: 50%->30% Crit Chance + 4% more spell damage, Frenzy Charge: 4% more ATTACK damage)

"
Shocked Ground, or any Shock not caused by a Hit increases damage taken by 20%, unless otherwise specified.

This means vaal lightning trap grants a smaller benefit. Would still use it, but it wouldn't be a bad choice to not use it

"

This makes blasphemy curses more useful again, especially for defensive curses.
It still restricts positioning (while curse on hit lets you basically run offscree), but some enfeeble/temp chains on blasphemy can be a better choice again.

In earlier versions i used triple curses on blasphemy (with Soveignity) which worked good.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 28, 2017, 3:12:06 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Andizlack wrote:

Yeah its probably better, but thank you anyway :)

I think the picture coupled with the skilltree below are all you guys need to get a overview what to skill next and to check what each node does.

Maybe i even make some uncommented videos where i level through act 1-4 (afterwards there is little happening... we use rf totems and just improve it further)

For those thinking about scion - raider:

"
Huge changes to Chill/Shock & Frenzy/Power Charges! (Chill/Shock based on damage dealt now, Power Charge: 50%->30% Crit Chance + 4% more spell damage, Frenzy Charge: 4% more ATTACK damage)

"
Shocked Ground, or any Shock not caused by a Hit increases damage taken by 20%, unless otherwise specified.

This means vaal lightning trap grants a smaller benefit. Would still use it, but it wouldn't be a bad choice to not use it

"

This makes blasphemy curses more useful again, especially for defensive curses.
It still restricts positioning (while curse on hit lets you basically run offscree), but some enfeeble/temp chains on blasphemy can be a better choice again.

In earlier versions i used triple curses on blasphemy (with Soveignity) which worked good.

Yo Milky, im back after a long hiatus (sch sux)

I've read through all the 20+ pages I've missed, still decided to go with berserker and live with the 20% curse effect (it's not THAT bad anw) I'm just thinking that since now curses get +radius w/ level, maybe i shld run temporal chain/enfeeble on blasphemy and a CoH Flammability or sth :v sounds good or neh? (I'm also intending run clarity to boost my mp abit since I'm not exactly sure 25% mana restore is enuf HAHA)
Possible is everything. As long as the specc has the core stuff (enough life, important dmg nodes and totemlife) it can work well.

Blasphemy with 1 or 2 curses seems way better now (played some ci occultist with 2 blasphenys + discipline as far as i remember).

Windscream or a +curse amulet or the +curse cluster are three options with a soulmantlesetup than work with that.

If mom is still useful with that is another thing ;)

I would think about temp + enfeeble blasphemy and arctic armour, OoS with flammability, use windscream and the curse nodes.

To make room for the 4 extra gems i would remove enduring cry, duraion and vaal lightning trap (nerfed anyway) in the helmet and move decoy totem in the weapon for CWDT. The 4 points spend into mom can go almost 1:1 in the curse nodes (needs 1 point).

searing bond would be harder to use with 5% free mana.

The guide in the mainpost is just the easiest, new player friendly version (i would say). Cut everything out to make it less confusing.
As long as variations make some sense there is nothing wrong is that and even may the build more enjoyable for that person.

I was against much manareservation lately, but only because blasphemy was gutted. Now it might work better

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 28, 2017, 12:06:11 PM
Well, with the gutting of Frenzy charges for non-attack builds, I can retire my Scion Raider and Iron Commander idea. No point really.

I do like access to the Ranger start. There's some good life/evasion/mana/flask nodes in the area, and I found it very convenient to pick up all that dexterity for free in my testing.
Herald of Ash says "More Burning Damage" in the Beta, does this only affect the herald's damage or would this potentially be great for this build?
"
Warranx wrote:
Herald of Ash says "More Burning Damage" in the Beta, does this only affect the herald's damage or would this potentially be great for this build?

it only affects the heralds damage, its in line with how it worked before.

also have tested it out of curiosity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info