[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Did anyone try out the MoM in the endgame? It seems that you will just run out of mana really quickly.

If that happens would switching to Berserker for War Bringer be a superior option to just picking up Blood Magic?
"
EezeeG wrote:
Did anyone try out the MoM in the endgame? It seems that you will just run out of mana really quickly.

If that happens would switching to Berserker for War Bringer be a superior option to just picking up Blood Magic?

I only have tested it until lvl 71 in the beta (couldn't play further).

No matter if its good or bad later on, it is definetly great while leveling and in low tier maps.

If it sucks in mid-high tier maps i will quickly update the guide according to that (even mentioned many times in the guide that i am not sure if its good enough even with a mana flask).

With the ironwood route it only costs 4 respeccpoints to switch to BM anyway (which the quests give).

berserker with warbringer should work better with mom but dunno if its enough either.

sorry cannot play 2-3 variations of the build with 3 different classes each :(

tl:dr

Pick MoM while leveling, test it in maps and if it doesn't satisfy you use 4 respeccpoints for Bloodmagic :)

I will test out MoM as long as possible and if it feels like its absolutely garbage i will remove it from my char and the guide.

Luckily its nothing that makes or breaks the build, we don't path differently or anything like that
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 29, 2017, 9:39:49 AM
I'm leveling a RF Totems Berserker right now and they stay longer then expected. On the live server my calculations apply and the totem dies really quick without purity of fire. On beta the totem reaches 1 life after around 7-8s without purity of fire. Don't know whats going on.

Edit: It feels like the degen does half the damage as in 2.6 to the totem.
Last edited by iberion_ on Jul 29, 2017, 11:22:23 AM
"
iberion_ wrote:
I'm leveling a RF Totems Berserker right now and they stay longer then expected. On the live server my calculations apply and the totem dies really quick without purity of fire. On beta the totem reaches 1 life after around 7-8s without purity of fire. Don't know whats going on.

that sounds odd. Have to test it later as well on some dude with a fully respecc

How do you level as Scion before getting RF? got a basic leveling tree besides the tips provided?
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
iberion_ wrote:

that sounds odd. Have to test it later as well on some dude with a fully respecc

Yes I couldn't believe it also and asked a friend if he could place a RF Totem on one of his not totem characters. The totem should have 40% fire res there and it took around 4-5s to reach 1 hp.

My totem has 66% res without purity and its duration is 8.1s. It disappears a few moments after reaching 1 hp.
Last edited by iberion_ on Jul 29, 2017, 12:02:32 PM
"
animeweaver wrote:
How do you level as Scion before getting RF? got a basic leveling tree besides the tips provided?

for i scion i would say firestorm + 1 firestorm/flametotem, maybe a firetrap on top. She at least gets EO pretry early

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
animeweaver wrote:

for i scion i would say firestorm + 1 firestorm/flametotem, maybe a firetrap on top. She at least gets EO pretry early

I'm practicing in beta before 3.0 launches, I wanted to level with firestorm until RF as that's what I'm used to leveling with. But, sadly the Scion doesn't get the firestorm gem :/
Any alternatives?
I've been using sunder to level. I like it better than firestorm.
"
animeweaver wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
animeweaver wrote:

I'm practicing in beta before 3.0 launches, I wanted to level with firestorm until RF as that's what I'm used to leveling with. But, sadly the Scion doesn't get the firestorm gem :/
Any alternatives?

Sunder or Scorching Ray i would say.

Scorching ray has the benefit that you can already gear for rf, specc firenodes/eo on the way and even delay a rft switch if you want

sunder could fall off rather quickly without a single dmg node aviable (and no leveling uniques)

I would say for a marauder picking the meleenodes to start with cleave > sunder and for scion freeze pulsecor whatever you like > scorching ray

https://youtu.be/cS_f5Bsu3FA

i´ve tested the rf totem degeneration and it seems bugged on the beta. Its definetly a difference as you can see in the clip.

will report that in the bug forum and see what happens. Thanks iberion for discovering and mentioning it

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 29, 2017, 4:22:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info