[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

When using bloodmagic, will depletion of our health pool as a result of using OoS and movement skills be of any concern, or will it be compensated by our health regen? Bloodmagic just seems more... streamlined to me: no need to invest into mana nodes or carry a mana flask, no worries about running out of mana at the critical moment. Looks like a bloodmagic build will be easier to manage compared to MoM :)

And BTW, why aren't you listing the standard CWDT+IC defensive setup? It works well enough even without endurance charges (provided you link increased duration), and it should work great with the Chieftain's charges... Unless I'm missing something here :)
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Jul 26, 2017, 3:11:22 AM
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
When using bloodmagic, will depletion of our health pool as a result of using OoS and movement skills be of any concern, or will it be compensated by our health regen? Bloodmagic just seems more... streamlined to me: no need to invest into mana nodes or carry a mana flask, no worries about running out of mana at the critical moment. Looks like a bloodmagic build will be easier to manage compared to MoM :)

And BTW, why aren't you listing the standard CWDT+IC defensive setup? It works well enough even without endurance charges (provided you link increased duration), and it should work great with the Chieftain's charges... Unless I'm missing something here :)

1. Skill usage of searing bond, OOS and movementskills are not a problem, its instantly regernated back with over 800 liferegen/sec on a chieftain. It is easier to manage than MoM.

MoM however is reached earlier and can carry you a lot. Not sure about the endgame potential of MoM, but Bloodmagic is just nearby to skill for 4 respecc points ;)

2. I don´t like it. Chieftain automatically generates charges, berserker has em up most of the time as well (warcry to heal).

Immortal Call IS good without endurance charges or with them and manually using IC.

However IC on cwdt and good endurance charge generation gave memore trouble than it helps.

Elemental/chaos damage can trigger IC and its useless against that. You lost all your charges for liferegen and physical mitigation.

With 5-6 Endurance charges and flasks up i never had problems with Porcupines except there were insane damage mods or chain aviable. Those Beasts are the only reason to use IC atm.

I rather have a solid defence all the time than the spike between no defence and short immunity.

If you wanna use it, just do it :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
The mainguide should be fully updated.

Now i start working on the leveling section

Edited the skilltree picture. Marked the melee physical damage nodes in the marauder start for leveling until the switch to rf totems.

edit:

Updated the leveling section in the 2nd post

created a 3.0 changes section in the 2nd post

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 26, 2017, 7:42:19 AM
After updating everything i will soon start to sort things, split sections up and so on.

The goal is to have the first post PURELY for one version (soulmantle Chieftain with MoM or BM) of the build.

The rest will be added in the second post about ascendant and berserker. And so on and on.

I want the first part to bee a foolproof Guide for new players that can be confused with all the option.

The second part should be about more in depth stuff and alternatives.

other parts about the seperate bossguides, theorycrafting about other stuff and so on.

I think its the best way to do it

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 26, 2017, 11:47:09 AM
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
Great stuff Milky, the work you're doing is amazing :) It's your guide that has convinced me to try the RF totems build as a league starter for the upcoming league. Fantastic job, mate, it's too bad this forum doesn't have a "like" functionality :)

(You can aso interpret the above as: I will probably keep pestering you with my dumb questions as I plan and play my character ;)

Haha. If he hasn't given up on answering us now, he never will. I'm 100% with you there buddy :)

Ok, Milky. I've got a few questions for you on your updates.

On your first updated Chieftain build, I noticed that you don't take Whispers of Doom, but you have the vulnerability flask and flammability. Don't they override each other? Are you planning on grabbing a +1 curse on an amulet later maybe?

Why the Lioneye's Remorse in your builds now? I thought you recommended a second dps stick if you're not using a Tukohama's? For shaper and guardians, does the defense from that shield become more important than the added dps? What do you think about running a Saffel's? As I mentioned before, I'm a bit worried about elemental resists and like to have them 80+.I downloaded the Mind over Matter Chieftain build (btw, thanks as always for taking the time to share these pastebins) and was wondering what you thought about an aura version. I think I mentioned in a previous post that I'd like to try and run all three purities. It looks like MoM gives us another 1.3k effective life (1.7k on the mana focused one), so that's pretty awesome too. I've never done MoM so I'm not really sure how to weigh the costs and benefits. If this is just a waste of mana, let me know! My rationale was that /w resists coming from auras I might be able to focus more on damage scaling, especially with uniques, like the ngamahu's amulet, on my gear.

You mentioned that the Ascendant with the Guardian node gets curse immunity but it looks like it's just a 25% reduction in 3.0? I know it's all subject to change so maybe I'm missing something here? Otherwise this Necro / Guardian is looking really good... I really don't want to give up the chieftain's endurance charge generation but this does look solid.

I have more questions / concerns, but this is already really long so I'll stop now.

All praise the great milky!!
"
Andizlack wrote:
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
Great stuff Milky, the work you're doing is amazing :) It's your guide that has convinced me to try the RF totems build as a league starter for the upcoming league. Fantastic job, mate, it's too bad this forum doesn't have a "like" functionality :)

(You can aso interpret the above as: I will probably keep pestering you with my dumb questions as I plan and play my character ;)

Haha. If he hasn't given up on answering us now, he never will. I'm 100% with you there buddy :)

Ok, Milky. I've got a few questions for you on your updates.

On your first updated Chieftain build, I noticed that you don't take Whispers of Doom, but you have the vulnerability flask and flammability. Don't they override each other? Are you planning on grabbing a +1 curse on an amulet later maybe?

Why the Lioneye's Remorse in your builds now? I thought you recommended a second dps stick if you're not using a Tukohama's? For shaper and guardians, does the defense from that shield become more important than the added dps? What do you think about running a Saffel's? As I mentioned before, I'm a bit worried about elemental resists and like to have them 80+.I downloaded the Mind over Matter Chieftain build (btw, thanks as always for taking the time to share these pastebins) and was wondering what you thought about an aura version. I think I mentioned in a previous post that I'd like to try and run all three purities. It looks like MoM gives us another 1.3k effective life (1.7k on the mana focused one), so that's pretty awesome too. I've never done MoM so I'm not really sure how to weigh the costs and benefits. If this is just a waste of mana, let me know! My rationale was that /w resists coming from auras I might be able to focus more on damage scaling, especially with uniques, like the ngamahu's amulet, on my gear.

You mentioned that the Ascendant with the Guardian node gets curse immunity but it looks like it's just a 25% reduction in 3.0? I know it's all subject to change so maybe I'm missing something here? Otherwise this Necro / Guardian is looking really good... I really don't want to give up the chieftain's endurance charge generation but this does look solid.

I have more questions / concerns, but this is already really long so I'll stop now.

All praise the great milky!!

I will answer short since i have to overhaul stuff in the guide right now :P

The flask is used for the damage over time (up to 70%) mainly. The vulnerability is nice while mapping since we curse without using OoS > less stuff to do on tankier rares. There was no intention to have both curses up at the same time. For dualcursing the flask alone is not reliable enough the the aoe.

Lioneyes remorse grants up to 230 hp in 3.0 (30 implicit) and a bigh chunk of armour. I never recommended a offhand weapon, i suggested it if you wanna sqeeze out more dps in fights where you can be oneshot anyway (like vs uber atziris pizzablasts).
I am not sure if there is a elemental damage roll for shields now (physical and spelldmg exist), but rare shields in general work good as well.
Tukohamas is a good mix of defence, utility and some dmg.
Saffels can do some work, but i dont like it that much. No life and physical protection, but can help in some encounters.

I reserved the mana with 3 blasphemys in earlier versions, puritys can work as well. Searing bond however will require a bloodmagic gem, the manacosts are too high for the remaining mana after the soveignity.

The ascendant with 2x kikazaru results in -105% reduced curse effect, renders curses useless while staying cursed (for self-flagellation useful).

"
Milkyslice wrote:
The ascendant with 2x kikazaru results in -105% reduced curse effect, renders curses useless while staying cursed (for self-flagellation useful).

Ohhhhh. Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Even with Sovereignty and an Enchance it would be too much? How much mana does Searing bond cost?

That also makes sense on the auras and shield too. If you're gonna get one shot anyway might as well crank out the DPS. Thanks again for taking all the time to answer my questions. I think I'll wait to ask any more specific ones for you to finish all your updates and I can take the time to absorb the info there.
"
Andizlack wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

Ohhhhh. Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Even with Sovereignty and an Enchance it would be too much? How much mana does Searing bond cost?

That also makes sense on the auras and shield too. If you're gonna get one shot anyway might as well crank out the DPS. Thanks again for taking all the time to answer my questions. I think I'll wait to ask any more specific ones for you to finish all your updates and I can take the time to absorb the info there.

i am almost done with the overhaul of the mainpost. Only flasks in the gear section are missing as far as i can see.

The rest is in the 2nd post which i will clean up the next days.

Searing Bond costs over 100 mana if i remember correctly.

With soveignity youre sitting around 40 mana, enlighten can do the rest.

But that also requires gemslots which are very not that plently aviable ;)

Puh, finished the mainpost (hopefully).

tomorrow i take a 2nd look if i missed something to change there.

Now the Guide is only focused on Chieftain, the soulmantle combination and MoM or Bloodmagic.

what is your opinion about it?

I think its now way easier to read and to understand for unexperienced players. You have a single goal with the build and gain every information needed for that goal.

Every extended information about other gear choices, skilltrees, classes and so on are outsourced in the 2nd and 3rd post (which i have to sort and update the next days) and still aviable for those seeking for extra information.

The change should help a lot

nice post, nice build!

just one thing to mention.

you said OoL = Orb of Light(ning), but its actual OoS = Orb of Storms.

other than that, quality post as always ♥

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info