Energy Shield and Life

It sounds like we are trading a meta that stacked massive ES with little or no armor/evasion and no regeneration for a meta with massive life, AND armor/evasion, AND regeneration....

Not sure how this is gonna work out. I hope you guys know what you're doing GGG. I want to trust you. If there are no other changes, then people are going to be doing the exact same thing they are currently doing. The only difference is now they will have health potions, and regeneration, and armor/evasion.

It will be even more faceroll than current ES builds... I can't wait for pathfinders with 12-15K health and infinite seething flasks that are buffed... What is a status ailment? lol...

Its so easy to stack armor/evasion with life compared to ES... ES is just going to die completely with these changes...

I hope you guys balance it properly!
"
legacy ES gear

inb4 all standard gear gets voided :P
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

This is for a beta. You don't start small in a beta. You hit hard and experiment big, then slowly relieve the pressure as you start to find what works and what doesn't. Tweaking is for the live realm - the purpose of betas is try out major changes.

they hit it so hard nobody will be playing ci anymore in beta

Lol. As someone who's played this game since the FIRST open beta i.e. before launch, I have my doubts about that. You may not be willing to give this playerbase much credit, but I am (and so does GGG, whose entire business model is built on people not acting in this silly idea of a 'rational' way). I'm fairly confident we'll have more than enough CI (and also, finally, hybrid!) players in the beta. I can't convince you of that, of course, so all I'll say is - wait and see. :)
Changes in the numbers, ok

Killing completely Vaal Pact for ES ... well, will see in Beta. I would expect a lesser nerf but there's still Vinktar, so maybe that's the right way to nerf it.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
So I'm a new player and been working my ass off for 2 weeks to get a descent whispering ice / ES character going. Spent all my currency on it and I can almost reach 10k ES in hardcore but I still find the game very challenging. Whit these changes I guess my build will be pretty much useless after the changes? Sorry but hard nerf's like these is a big turnoff for new players and you've lost at least one player here. GG GGG.
"
Phaesrole wrote:
It sounds like we are trading a meta that stacked massive ES with little or no armor/evasion and no regeneration for a meta with massive life, AND armor/evasion, AND regeneration....

That always how this sort of thing will end, they nerf something and the lemmings will wait for the new meta to follow off a cliff.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

This is for a beta. You don't start small in a beta. You hit hard and experiment big, then slowly relieve the pressure as you start to find what works and what doesn't. Tweaking is for the live realm - the purpose of betas is try out major changes.

let me tell you this, they hit it so hard nobody will be playing ci anymore in beta
the only build will be occultist ed and thats the only statistic they're going to get, and the they will look at the data again and say
"oh theres no build diversity anymore"
instead of buffing, they will nerf ed build and occultist to shit too, then there will be literally no more es build
end of the story.

Good. It was about time you pussy wizards get eradicated.
Last edited by Kostax on May 18, 2017, 1:25:48 AM
"
Cudez wrote:
boost mob damage + nerf defensees = perfect 1shot RIP mechanic... :D

Hello Diablo 3... we took the difficulty and then doubled it..
"
Phaesrole wrote:

Not sure how this is gonna work out. I hope you guys know what you're doing GGG. I want to trust you. If there are no other changes, then people are going to be doing the exact same thing they are currently doing. The only difference is now they will have health potions, and regeneration, and armor/evasion.

It will be even more faceroll than current ES builds... I can't wait for pathfinders with 12-15K health and infinite seething flasks that are buffed... What is a status ailment? lol...

Its so easy to stack armor/evasion with life compared to ES... ES is just going to die completely with these changes...

I hope you guys balance it properly!

Life will never be as OP as ES was unless they announce some even more dramatic changes to it than they have here. ES could easily cross 5 figures i.e. 10k (and still can, btw) whereas life typically landed only halfway there i.e. 5k and now may be able to reach 8k or something. As such, it won't be anywhere near as good as ES was.

Which is good in the end. ES won't be everywhere and life will be more common, but not facerolling the game. But guess who the biggest gainer of these changes is? HYBRID! :D
"
Exile009 wrote:

Lol. As someone who's played this game since the FIRST open beta i.e. before launch, I have my doubts about that. You may not be willing to give this playerbase much credit, but I am (and so does GGG, whose entire business model is built on people not acting in this silly idea of a 'rational' way). I'm fairly confident we'll have more than enough CI (and also, finally, hybrid!) players in the beta. I can't convince you of that, of course, so all I'll say is - wait and see. :)

yea dude idk about that, you have to look in what the beta is going to about (mechanical changes and act1-10)
and thats the leveling process, i dont think much player is gonna play in the end game much at all since the items are gonna get deleted anyway
notice how ci switching phase dont normally take place until 70-75 or even 80
yea, they're def not going to get much statistic
AND also the fact they stated the 25k es and 9k life thing shows they literally have no idea what the real statistic are or even to give a shit at this point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info