Energy Shield and Life

lol , i predicate an invasion of bower in that game :p
I like that Energy Shield and life are being rebalanced. What I dont like is that it seems to be almost entirely in the form of trashing energy shield down to lifes level rather then raising life up closer to ES. The endgame of POE delivers crazy damage that in my experience simply cannot be survived with balanced builds without spending obscene resources on very top end gear. Right now doing Shaper or Guardians with map mods almost feels impossible with a life build, I took a ranged character into them with 7k health maxed resists and pretty good armour and still got one or two shot by a lot of very hard to avoid attacks during very very long encounters.

The other thing I'm leery of is how much they seem to be sinking more focus into the Body Amour slot. I'd like to see more added to the defensive ability of gloves and boots, not less. Having all your defensive eggs focused in the body armor basket means fun builds that require specific body armours to work can be heavily disadvantaged, esp if the body armour in question is a mid-range level item.
You know there's a massive problem when most end game builds rely on ES, wait until beta so that adjustments can be made. Life based should definitely be more in line with ES, but I hope they don't make life the only viable option and achieve nothing.
Shitty update. RIP GGG
Good thank for this now i've popcorn with a lot of Saltyguys
What's about 3 life regen on end game items why u dont remove it or make it scaling this useles mod? "es can regen up to 25oo x second and it's power come from the combination whit vaal pact cause u can regen waiting 2 sec and get the full leech x hit.9k life on a well geared u mean kaom setup? 0 slots? mhh nice ! life need little buff anyway i see alot of streamer well geared go around whit 5-6k life max (oneshoted mostly of the time while es facetank everything) so i dont understand .Players will still continue prefer es to life cause the no regen mechanincs in labirint make ppls die on more complex traps.To balance this vaal pact must at max half the regen on life based character.And u increase mobs hit so hard thath now a lvl 20 golem die in 2 sec(lately i removed golem at all) ...so in the future we have 2 solution play a 10k es char whit vaal pact and 2k regen or a 2h char whit kaom armor for get at last 6-7k life and at last 2 life pots thath mean less dps at big boss or defensive pots.
So now the ES v.s Life is now shifted to life dominance unless you're a guardian RF. I really hope they keep adjusting the numbers as beta goes on because 30-40% less ES is way too harsh. What I do like is Vaal Pact and Ghost reaver being changed to what it is.
"
Exile009 wrote:

Life will never be as OP as ES was unless they announce some even more dramatic changes to it than they have here. ES could easily cross 5 figures i.e. 10k (and still can, btw) whereas life typically landed only halfway there i.e. 5k and now may be able to reach 8k or something.

They quoted ES at 15-20K up to 25K.... You quoted 2/3 or perhaps less than half of what they quoted... the changes may completely trash ES builds...

The other thing to consider here is the statistics that show more and more players have moved to standard. Even people that play leagues are spending more time on their standard characters once they get bored of the league...

What are all those characters on standard (and the current league) using? They are using ES... So GGG is effectively alienating a large portion of their player base (perhaps outside of new league chars?) with the changes.
Last edited by Phaesrole on May 18, 2017, 1:39:04 AM
Why not just make armour good instead of killing energy shield? ES doesn't have life pots, no vaal pact, so everyone will play crit with acuity until that gets changed. Instead of making it where es is crap much like what happened to evasion why not make it actually balanced?
For example: if on armour you applied an elemental and projectile modifier at a third of the armour rating cap it at like 22% of mitigation or made it where armour doesn't get awful after 70 cause scaling to keep up is almost impossible while balancing life. Just make armour usable. Evasion is in a pretty good state. If you just made the vaal pact change and ghost reaver apply no regen to obtain, es will balance itself out.
I know it's a common trend we don't balance we just nerf to unplayable then see what happens. If you made hybrid rolls 40% higher than they currently are you would see less ci and more hybrid. If you just made armour good then you would see a well balanced play style.
I'll buy an extra supporter pack to off set the quitters. They weren't cut out for the life of an exile anyway if this is what makes them quit.

"
You can no longer sleep at your keyboard while playing ES

WAAAAAHHHHHHH MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYYY.

Get charan in here to wax poetic about how the community used to be. Fuck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info