Energy Shield and Life

"
deMoxE wrote:

Xd you just are completely not objective this is simplest comparison that shows, ES is nearly 2 times stronger than HP. You just cant maintain the same dps and MAX EHP POOL, it's simple as that.

did you just say same dps and max es pool? what about the sustain?
say both build have same damage same life pool, would one be stronger than other if one can leech and one cant? would it be stronger if one can use flask to RECOVER MISSIONG hp and one cant?
how is that the same?
you cant just look at the number and forget the mechanics of the game.
the way you're comparing it is like oh the numbers are similar so we cant ignore everything else?
what about vaal pact, that doesnt give any life
what about acrobatic? that reduces es
there are mechanics in this game that help your build, not just effective life pools
Last edited by 69wanted69 on May 18, 2017, 1:05:30 AM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
deMoxE wrote:
I just geared 2 of my lvl 97 chars and maxed out hp / es on both of them, +- putting the same into dps node. Nothing too fancy gear for few exes.

I have

9k hp

all 80-100hp gear slots no kaom (kaom mean no six link for 1h builds btw)

vs

16k es

regalia 766es, helm 350es, shield 400es, gloves boots 200es, + dsicipline literally only shit you can get for few chaos after days.

With slightly better gear ( like 20ex or so) I could get it to like 18-20k es. Easly and this is crap gear we are talking about, with mirrors included I could stay at 15k es and boost my dps where it would be impossible to match for hp builds.

There is no way i can boost my hp at all, maybe up to 10k with perfectly crafted essence gear or so.

So in a nutshell, the math proves GGG is going into right direction.

Care to unlock your character profile?

done
I have been playing POE for 900 hours. The first 200 of those hours were trying to figure out why I died so much. I had no fun playing the game with life characters. Eventually, a veteran told me it's because I was playing with 3000 life. I tried my hardest and never got over 4000 life. I couldn't afford Kaom's Heart which at the time was 40c back in Breach. They said you had to play CI. I didn't even know what that was. The game is overly reliant on getting max resistances. I think resistances shouldn't be so mandatory and we should focus on other stats on armor.

Please buff life. I haven't played a life character for the past 700 hours because every time I do I just die all the time.

Please add items that give life because Kaom's Heart seems to be the only life item.
I very much approve all of this changes so far! Specially on hybrid defences from evasion/armour, evasion/ES and armour/ES gears, they need love! Now that we are on it, could you please give back the removed hybrid defences % nodes on the Templar, Duelist and Shadow sides of the tree? Why did they only get removed or nerfed with every new skill tree released?! Why hybrid gears became more and more only a temporary option for those who couldn't spend so many chromatic orbs on pure defence gears and never a strong option for being hybrid on themselves?! I hate how it's almost always better to be pure armour or pure evasion or pure energy shield, than being any combination of those!
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
deMoxE wrote:

Xd you just are completely not objective this is simplest comparison that shows, ES is nearly 2 times stronger than HP. You just cant maintain the same dps and MAX EHP POOL, it's simple as that.

did you just say same dps and max es pool? what about the sustain?
say both build have same damage same life pool, would one be stronger than other if one can leech and one cant? would it be stronger if one can use flask to RECOVER MISSIONG hp and one cant?
how is that the same?
you cant just look at the number and forget the mechanics of the game.

The point is recharge starts after like 1second or so, you have bigger life pool before you can get one shot. And since the mechanics allows people to instantly logout this simply means ES at least for the end game is at least like 50% stronger mechanically. Unless you really want to play like completely braindead holding your button and hoping you leech everything then yeah hp would be better in 3.0.
"
69wanted69 wrote:
oh yea btw
you guys are running a beta for act1-10 changes, ci mostly take place after you get to 70, most people gonna stop playing after they get over the storyline
now
tell me how you guys will be testing this?

Ha!
Experienced veterans GGG developers have already visioned the effects of the changes.
You know,the ones that cleaved all the new content's bosses in some previous videos.
They know what they're doing.
It will work.
A 33% nerf to base stats and mods is quiet hefty, but on top of that, a 33% nerf to the Discipline Aura, kinda kills it's use with other builds.
Essentially, it is a 40% cut. I understand 25,000 ES is insanely high, but wouldn't a cap of 16,000 or 17,000 be more acceptable?
Dropping an nuclear bomb on a problem, is a bit much. It's probably why we don't do it in real life, anymore.
"
deMoxE wrote:
So in a nutshell, the math proves GGG is going into right direction.

The problem is, that it will give small nuisance to extremely well geared builds, and probably have no effect to badly geared builds but spread havoc on mid range builds. As usual with GGG "balance"...

So what, one can say? The problem is that it has no effect for very casual players, they go to low tier maps anyway. It will has not much effect for traders having max rolled gear 1 week in the league.

But for players like me, who don't want to trade and don't have time to farm 12 hours per day, it's like "no more ES build fu***".

In legacy, I play CI regen staff occultist, with like 12K ES. Seems big buffer, but with 1K ES/s (and no leech) I can't do deathless Minotaur and uber Izaro is just dodable, and for sure not "trivial".

If I will go down to 8K (and it will be prolly so) I will not survive such encounters. No way...

So what, back to Juggernauts? This is famous GGG's build diversity?

Usual shit, as always since 2012, blah, blah, blah, balance and in the end, it's obvious that they don't really know, first, that they want, second, what they are doing.

Fortunately, I will have not much time to play over holidays anyway, better to spend them on beach than in computer room lol, so there is small hope, that they will clean up this mess a little until autumn.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
GET FUCKING REKT PUSSY WIZARDS
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
KillerKrug wrote:
i dont get it, why does it always feels (pre nerf ) totally op and ( after nerf ) 99,9% useless??

yeah it's needs to be changed, but you remove everthink??????????? come on... use yor damm brains

- 33% less Es
- vaal disc, still useless...
- depand on the Vaal pact/ghost reever change, you cant leech anymore...
- and the current recharge rate is crap...

You know they actually have no fucking clue right

well sadly true... just saw the remove of 40%-60% inc es on rings/amu too xDDD

"
Gigorahk wrote:
I have been playing POE for 900 hours. The first 200 of those hours were trying to figure out why I died so much. I had no fun playing the game with life characters. Eventually, a veteran told me it's because I was playing with 3000 life. I tried my hardest and never got over 4000 life. I couldn't afford Kaom's Heart which at the time was 40c back in Breach. They said you had to play CI. I didn't even know what that was. The game is overly reliant on getting max resistances. I think resistances shouldn't be so mandatory and we should focus on other stats on armor.

Please buff life. I haven't played a life character for the past 700 hours because every time I do I just die all the time.

Please add items that give life because Kaom's Heart seems to be the only life item.

how is that possible ? 40 c are like 10 map runs ( with bad rng maybe 20 .... looooool )

30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info