Energy Shield and Life

Huge knee-jerk reaction from GGG here, but in my opinion what life deserved was a buff to the life nodes in the right area of the passive tree?

A possible solution would be to shift the keystones: Vaal Pact, Ghost Reaver to areas of the tree with less ES? Makes it harder for players to get more ES due to spending points on travelling through the tree. The keystones positions just make it so convenient for ES using characters to slip in and take those nodes whereas for life players they have to travel from either the left or bottom parts of the tree (where most of the life nodes are) in order to pick up Vaal Pact. Along with buffing the life nodes on the right area of the passive tree would help.

As for the example quoted by GGG, how many players are actually able to reach such high levels of ES, its probably only the top 1% of the players so you are gonna make such damaging changes to ES due to the top 1%?
this is the first Beta run... thus the reason for the drastic changes and the reason why they are testing - this doesn't mean the changes are set in stone, they will change Beta testing is there for the purpose of testing the new mechanics and tuning them - you want to start off with a rather extreme setting like they have now and slowly work your way to a balance solution.
lifebuilds getting some love, How can ci compete now

FeelsGoodMan
Last edited by Hammersmash_ on May 17, 2017, 11:17:52 PM
"
TenTonBlue wrote:
"
MelonLord wrote:
I'd consider myself an average player, I could barely get enough Energy Shield on my gear to go CI because it's so expensive to craft yourself and so expensive to buy from other players. Considering I like to play builds that aren't meta like a Shadow Flicker Striker in particular, this is going to make it impossible to go CI and pretty much makes all builds like this literally unplayable since the Shadow's only viable health option is Energy Shield.

What are you talking about? it takes like 5c to get 6k ES.

what game have you been playing? path of no damage? path of es nodes?
First of all, that's why those changes come in Beta and didn't come earlier, to be tested and balanced.Second, we don't even know about any tree changes/Pantheum defensive buffs/possible monster damage nerf so hold your horsies.And finally, and this is aimed to people saying "Not everyone reaches 20k+ ES", "I barely reach 10k", etc, guess what?Only those top builds get hit that hard, your average-ish build won't get nerfed (that much at least), they even say it in the manifesto.

"
Very low-level items will see a slight increase or no change, scaling up to a 33% reduction at the highest tier of modifiers
"
poe2407 wrote:
this is the first Beta run... thus the reason for the drastic changes and the reason why they are testing - this doesn't mean the changes are set in stone, they will change Beta testing is there for the purpose of testing the new mechanics and tuning them - you want to start off with a rather extreme setting like they have now and slowly work your way to a balance solution.

oh trust me if this becomes a patch, poe will lose more than 50% of their playerbase
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
poe2407 wrote:

oh trust me if this becomes a patch, poe will lose more than 50% of their playerbase

Somehow I doubt that
I'm tired of all the changes. Every couple months there is a substantial rule change that requires one to more or less start over. You didn't need to nerf ES builds. If you were going to change anything, you should have just buffed life builds and left ES alone. What would really be fantastic though is for to set the rules of the game and leave them alone.
"
Erecpyle wrote:
First of all, that's why those changes come in Beta and didn't come earlier, to be tested and balanced.Second, we don't even know about any tree changes/Pantheum defensive buffs/possible monster damage nerf so hold your horsies.And finally, and this is aimed to people saying "Not everyone reaches 20k+ ES", "I barely reach 10k", etc, guess what?Only those top builds get hit that hard, your average-ish build won't get nerfed (that much at least), they even say it in the manifesto.

"
Very low-level items will see a slight increase or no change, scaling up to a 33% reduction at the highest tier of modifiers

that is a lie, ll build only can use shav, according to the picture beg to differ
and if you're going to say you can use solaris lorica bla bla bla please save yourself the time
I kinda find it funny that most complains are coming from people that playing on softcore where you can die and start posting on reddit how boring the game is when your golems are clearing hardest content there is.

Gravity, give us Endless Tower now!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info