Energy Shield and Life

Wow. I am glad I am mostly retired from playing this game...only do it now and then when I'm really bored. Glad I had my fun from v1.3.1 to 2.x for a while...good times with my old (now defunct) guild...not sure if the designers of this game are geniuses or idiots...perhaps a little of both! I'll drop by now and then just as I have been doing...mainly to read all the fun salty posts! :D
"
deMoxE wrote:
100% deserved es nerf, biggest imba since d2 hammeradin

Don't you talk bad about my old hammerdin (Kappa), only (if not one of a few) skills that overcame all immunities.
The hell.....?

I thought ES was a bit too much yeah but.....all you needed to do was nerf the interaction of VP and Soul Reaver....this is overkill.Again.

I can't decide if this is worse than the huge life nerf back when they decided to nuke the passive tree instead of just nerfing kaom's. That was all they had to do back then, yet they nerfed just about anything to do with life. It was horrendous.

Now they are doing the carpet bombing tactics to energy shield too?

I seriously doubt these guys even play their game half the time when they do this crap.

Besides what i mentioned just a buff to life nodes on the left side of the tree and armor interaction changes....thats all that was needed alongside the simple nerf but no.

Gotta nuke it all. Oh boy.
I feel like these nerfs are a bit...drastic to say the least. 25k is a very unrealistic number for people to hit especially early league, while this will lower the prices of things it is pretty expensive to even get a 10k ES build. I'll take this with a grain of salt to see how it goes though..I'm sure there will be adjustments throughout the beta.
Please please please revert the life changes and put increased percentages on the talent tree. This will mess with the economy really badly. PUT MORE LIFE ON THE TREE INSTEAD PLEASE
please dont do this
LUL at all the noobs complaining, the game was a joke for the last year the hammer had to come down at some point. GJ GGG.
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
Tonst3r wrote:
I think I'm missing something here...

-25k ES, yes, this is a thing, but their armor value is insanely low (effective HP). Also, reaching that level costs a disgusting amount of currency and trading. Spending the same on a current HP build yields the same "make all content trivial" result.

-Only 9k hp??...there're 15k+hp builds all over youtube...what am I missing here?

-Not that I ever play standard, but this seems like a post screaming "EVERYONE SPAM ELRON AND TIER 1 ES ROLLS TO RESELL ON STANDARD!"

No one should be surprised about ES (finally) being gimped considering how long it's been the "Go-To" for end-game content...but this seems like a bit overkill?

I'm really confused at the 9k HP part though. That's actually insanely low if you're comparing it to 25k ES builds.

It was the main GO-TO Because of how bad the other options truly sucked. Now instead of fixing those they have nerfed the living fuck out of ES and CI.

Honestly with everything i have been seeing for 3.0 im really thinking it will be time for me to just move on from POE. It just isn't worth it anymore, hoping they fix things is just a waste of time.

I mean I totally get that. Two things took way too long to fix: Cyclone cancelling on debris and ES being too viable.

What I'm confused on is the logic they are using, and the extent that they are nerfing it. If you want to compare the highest viable ES and HP builds, use the right numbers... 25k ES and 15k HP. Plus with the armor HP gear goes for, the effective HP isn't too far off.

I'm dying to hear what the feedback is in Beta when people can't use ES builds in t15 maps without being all best-in-slot.
Mobile games have better trading...
"
mirificel wrote:
LUL at all the noobs complaining, the game was a joke for the last year the hammer had to come down at some point. GJ GGG.
good job at shit balancing
"
Deadseeds wrote:
"
RestlnPeace wrote:
"
dephness wrote:
all the people who find this bad, play ONLY ES because its so rediculas op. Get good at the game kiddos.

no more 25k es facetanking all content thinking you're good.

show me that 25 es face tank build stop lie you dont even play this game

Not quite 25k ES, but I can't find the video I saw recently with 25k in Legacy playing solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWt5PlHSy30&t=42s

And even lower ES facetanking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24v4plYy27Y&feature=youtu.be

kthxbye

Lol, kudos for doing the work, this is so dumb, and he thinks there isnt a problem with ES.
"
MelonLord wrote:
I'd consider myself an average player, I could barely get enough Energy Shield on my gear to go CI because it's so expensive to craft yourself and so expensive to buy from other players. Considering I like to play builds that aren't meta like a Shadow Flicker Striker in particular, this is going to make it impossible to go CI and pretty much makes all builds like this literally unplayable since the Shadow's only viable health option is Energy Shield.

What are you talking about? it takes like 5c to get 6k ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info