Energy Shield and Life

Behold the righteous NERFHAMMER, ES suckers!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Great!
"
bhavv wrote:
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:
Ranger and Assassin are so hard to play life Base If u don't have good Life Gear. And Now people are playing ES because lack of Life nod beside them. And you guys wanna ask them to play a ES attack build with only ES recharge......are you serious? Unless you add more life nod beside them, otherwise ranger and shadow are dead.

Yep, this is a completely overlooked issue.

3 classes in the game dont have access to enough life nodes in the first place, so the pick ES or EV nodes since thats whats closest to them.

Id really like to see a 25k ES marauder. Oh right, thats not gonna happen.

Its like GGG are completely oblivious as to how their passive tree even works.

they simply dont play their own game tbh, watching them release this shit is like they literally played 1 week into the game and saw redid people do insane stuff without taking account of using mirror worthy gear.
Spoiler
chris only plays life armour build, enough said.
Last edited by 69wanted69 on May 17, 2017, 10:52:37 PM
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
Exactly as expected, we only get a nerf to ES, a 'solution' so dumb and unbelieveably lazy I had to check whether Team 5 isn't working on this game now.

You are right better to change paramters for thousand things to get the same effect than for one which is clearly the problem. Goodbye.
I really dislike how they are balancing around the 1% of the playerbase. If these guys have 25k ES, they probably have really high end gear and a lot of wealth and time to play. With that much investment, being able to trivialize content should be okay to them. It's the same reason why HH isn't nerfed to the ground - if you can attain the wealth to buy it, then you should be OP.

Of course they will then complain about "why is the game so easy," "we need more challenges," etc. but that's to be expected when you have enough money to buy the best gear.

Nerfing ES is warranted, but the fixes seem to be band-aids without much in-depth thought. Nerfing ES all across the board? Okay... Buffing life with +50 life on chests? Kaom's will still be #1. How about buffing the life nodes on the skill tree so that players can have a higher average life pool. How about adding in more life nodes on the right side of the tree such that these classes have a reason to go life instead of ES.
Great! I think, the existence of aurabots is something that can't reach GGG's poor brains. I mean, why, WHY DA PHUCK did they add a 4sec cooldown to decoy totem? Was it a game-breaker? But this dick move wasn't enough for them. Now it's ES turn - i barely have 5k ES (LL) on my guardian support and it's kinda HARD to survive cuz you have to kite/dodge everything. But 3.0 will nullify my aurabot to the core... Thanks as always, [Removed by Support], i quit this game.
Last edited by Alexb_ggg on May 17, 2017, 11:26:32 PM
"
deMoxE wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:
Ranger and Assassin are so hard to play life Base If u don't have good Life Gear. And Now people are playing ES because lack of Life nod beside them. And you guys wanna ask them to play a ES attack build with only ES recharge......are you serious? Unless you add more life nod beside them, otherwise ranger and shadow are dead.

Yep, this is a completely overlooked issue.

3 classes in the game dont have access to enough life nodes in the first place, so the pick ES or EV nodes since thats whats closest to them.

Id really like to see a 25k ES marauder. Oh right, thats not gonna happen.

Its like GGG are completely oblivious as to how their passive tree even works.

This is completely wrong actually, you just used to build shadow and ranger over ES and compare it to currently overpowered ES builds. It actually shows how imbalanced ES really is since, every character in the game have some differences with their starting defences types but ES ends up being the strongest possible option. This is why things require balancing and it's for the good of the game.

Try playing ES without GR & VP and then tell me all about how strong it is.

Oh right, it isnt. Simply nerfing VP to not work with GR would fix the only broken thing about ES, and then all thats needed is buffs to life.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
RestlnPeace wrote:
"
dephness wrote:
all the people who find this bad, play ONLY ES because its so rediculas op. Get good at the game kiddos.

no more 25k es facetanking all content thinking you're good.

show me that 25 es face tank build stop lie you dont even play this game

Not quite 25k ES, but I can't find the video I saw recently with 25k in Legacy playing solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWt5PlHSy30&t=42s

And even lower ES facetanking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24v4plYy27Y&feature=youtu.be

kthxbye

Edit: And if there is some rebuttal about "well those builds aren't viable anymore because VP will no longer apply to ES", well then:
1) This is all tested in the beta and not finalized.
2) This POTENTIAL change has nothing to do with the original post.
3) Go search for the Beast Fur Shall Inquisitor tank that doesn't need VP or GR to facetank.
Last edited by Deadseeds on May 17, 2017, 11:25:15 PM
Hard to believe such a knee-jerk reaction to this can occur after a mere two years of being aware of issues. Such a non-solution presented here... if people think adding 35 more life on a chest "fixes" life now that ES is nerfed 40%, that is sad. Get it together GGG, you're better than this Blizzard-level balance.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
So us regular ES players are probably obliterated by all these changes.

Ah well, I was wanting to try RF anyhow, and it should be massively OP with the new life changes.
The more More you have, the less Less matters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info