Energy Shield and Life

"
HQuality wrote:
vp nerf is looking very bad and unbalanced (since there's % of maximum leech per second notes for life on the tree and slayer ascendancy, but nothing for es)

and also there's much more sources of leech as life (since life based chars are mostly reliant on attack dmg rather then spell dmg)
also life gain on hit

ye, vp nerf definitely seems VERY BAD
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
"
necrotwi0 wrote:
Nice.

Can't wait to see those changes in action!

You dont need to wait to see them, its easily predictable ...

Now everyone with average gear, I.E 90-99% of the player base will get one shotted in end game content.

Great changes!
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Jideament wrote:
"
You guys are fucking bad at balance.

+1 - Nerfing ES instead of buffing max life pool. Are you playing your own game seriously? Endgame is not hardcore it is impossible if youre not lucky enough with %99 of the builds atm.

They did buff max life pool. Also so many mediocre streamers prove you can do endgame, even in HC with some pretty average and below average builds.
"
TenTonBlue wrote:
"
"
JeanKB wrote:

The thing is, you guys aren't noticing that right now while players using ES with "ok gear" have 10-11k ES, the players that use HP with "ok gear" only have 4k-5k HP at max. How this is even close to fair? And buffing life won't fix it, since it just powercreeps everything and makes the game easier.

your forgetting some bosses can one shot you with 12k es

Ya youre supposed to dodge those hits, not facetank them like a retard, theyre designed to kill you.

"dodge"? What is that word?

I thought build diversity means standing in front of boss X, spamming your attack and seeing how much of your ES bubble is depleted by that boss's strongest attack before leeching everything back up in any attack you throw out ..
Last edited by ItsRay on May 17, 2017, 10:45:27 PM
"
returning4you wrote:
I for one can't wait to see these changes in action on the Beta. I don't really understand why all the complaining as it seems like you can still reliably build 9K ES on a character and also I imagine that monster damage is getting reworked as well. Remember the game is going to have progressively more difficult content now instead of sudden difficulty spikes in your leveling experience allowing players more time to adjust. And no one is gonna quit the game because of a dev post because everyone will wanna try out the new items and skills promised in the future as well as all the other upcoming content.

Also there is the pantheon system which basically is free defenses for any type of build.

You cant even reliably build a 9k ES character with self found gear in the current game lol.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:
Ranger and Assassin are so hard to play life Base If u don't have good Life Gear. And Now people are playing ES because lack of Life nod beside them. And you guys wanna ask them to play a ES attack build with only ES recharge......are you serious? Unless you add more life nod beside them, otherwise ranger and shadow are dead.

Yep, this is a completely overlooked issue.

3 classes in the game dont have access to enough life nodes in the first place, so the pick ES or EV nodes since thats whats closest to them.

Id really like to see a 25k ES marauder. Oh right, thats not gonna happen.

Its like GGG are completely oblivious as to how their passive tree even works.

This is completely wrong actually, you just used to build shadow and ranger over ES and compare it to currently overpowered ES builds. It actually shows how imbalanced ES really is since, every character in the game have some differences with their starting defences types but ES ends up being the strongest possible option. This is why things require balancing and it's for the good of the game.
"
Tonst3r wrote:
I think I'm missing something here...

-25k ES, yes, this is a thing, but their armor value is insanely low (effective HP). Also, reaching that level costs a disgusting amount of currency and trading. Spending the same on a current HP build yields the same "make all content trivial" result.

-Only 9k hp??...there're 15k+hp builds all over youtube...what am I missing here?

-Not that I ever play standard, but this seems like a post screaming "EVERYONE SPAM ELRON AND TIER 1 ES ROLLS TO RESELL ON STANDARD!"

No one should be surprised about ES (finally) being gimped considering how long it's been the "Go-To" for end-game content...but this seems like a bit overkill?

I'm really confused at the 9k HP part though. That's actually insanely low if you're comparing it to 25k ES builds.

It was the main GO-TO Because of how bad the other options truly sucked. Now instead of fixing those they have nerfed the living fuck out of ES and CI.

Honestly with everything i have been seeing for 3.0 im really thinking it will be time for me to just move on from POE. It just isn't worth it anymore, hoping they fix things is just a waste of time.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Kind of sad to see these knee-jerk solutions instead of fixing the real issues here. For example, non-VP leech is total garbage. Why not reinstate the VP leech amount penalty, but buff non-VP max leech rate so it can compete well at lower DPS values?

The huge amounts of ES realistically only come from builds with a good shield, seeing as a shield is going to be your #2 source of ES in most builds second only to your chest. This means that ES is going to be a hell of a lot less viable on 2H, bow, dual wield, or any build that requires a niche shield.
Exactly as expected, we only get a nerf to ES, a 'solution' so dumb and unbelieveably lazy I had to check whether Team 5 isn't working on this game now.
"
eXile8719 wrote:
I am greatly disapointed in all the recent patches and what you are planning now does give it the rest. This game should be about fun, but what you are doing right now is destroying the fun for me personally.

Im out before this ship sinks.
You lost a good paying customer - no more support from me.

Some people actually find difficulty fun, sorry your easy mode is getting nerfed, i mean, good riddance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info