Energy Shield and Life

vp nerf is looking very bad and unbalanced (since there's % of maximum leech per second notes for life on the tree and slayer ascendancy, but nothing for es)
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:
Ranger and Assassin are so hard to play life Base If u don't have good Life Gear. And Now people are playing ES because lack of Life nod beside them. And you guys wanna ask them to play a ES attack build with only ES recharge......are you serious? Unless you add more life nod beside them, otherwise ranger and shadow are dead.

Yep, this is a completely overlooked issue.

3 classes in the game dont have access to enough life nodes in the first place, so the pick ES or EV nodes since thats whats closest to them.

Id really like to see a 25k ES marauder. Oh right, thats not gonna happen.

Its like GGG are completely oblivious as to how their passive tree even works.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
seems GGG didnt understand his own game afterall.

- Nerfed ES to the ground
- Buffing Life but still really weak

what we need for Life is not stacking HP over 8k but a reliable defense.
1) Armour is useless against big phy hit
2) No reliable defense against elemental damage or chaos
3) No reliable defense against Stun lock for EVA char
4) Too many maps node who double dips monster damage in a weird way(Caustic zombie anyone?, volatile?, ice nova from strong box etc)

it's OK u dont want the players to stacking ES too easy without sacrifice too much damage.
i dont even build an ES character for once,all my char was life build, but this ES nerf is too much, no leech seriously?.
i prefer using life build with 5k life who can leech rather than 10k ES who cant leech LUL.(except for summoner class who actually get an ES regen node or whatever it is)
u just create a vicious cyle again and again.
grats GGG!

Slightly tweaked your post above (added numbers to the second section for convenience):

1) Edit: I guess you didn't see (and I forgot about it), new suffix mod with additional physical % damage reduction. Alse we got so many OP flasks like basalt and other unique ones
2) Eh, ele and chaos damage is not as big of an issue as phys (ele and chaos resistances do way more than armour)
3) *cough* Pantheon stun node *cough*
4) Double dipping being fixed in 3.0. Also Ice Nova from strong box is 100% avoidable.

Also the "no leech seriously?": no VP does not mean no leech. ES recharge plus non-VP leech is pretty damn strong still.
Last edited by Deadseeds on May 17, 2017, 11:17:27 PM
Have you gone completely mad? Instead of buffing life-based builds, you are nerfing ES. The game is not very easy for guys, who doesn't have hi-end video cards, and you are making it completely impossible to play! First, optimise your code and animations, and only then do something like this.
P.S.: You may have seen builds with 25k es, but most folks run with 8-10k ES, just like life-based guys do. But yet, ES builds are insanely expensive. Mostly those, with 25k ES. Also, the main reason people choose ES over life - is Chaos damage. Reduce it - and people will start using life-based builds. Or, at least, add chaos resistance roll as common one, so people could reach its cap. What you are doing, is a bullshit, and will only reduce your player base.
Last edited by xxanderr on May 17, 2017, 10:43:13 PM
"
GGG, you need to learn how to better take care of your game as it evolves. More carefully test and number crunch before you inject new items, skills, keystones, content etc., so that you can avoid these ham fisted moments.

I realise that you enjoy watching the lab rats squirm as you 'experiment', but use some better judgement going forward. Be nice to your player base. Treat them with respect instead of jerking them around with your psychological warfare.

Pretend that they are paying your salaries.

Thanks
I for one can't wait to see these changes in action on the Beta. I don't really understand why all the complaining as it seems like you can still reliably build 9K ES on a character and also I imagine that monster damage is getting reworked as well. Remember the game is going to have progressively more difficult content now instead of sudden difficulty spikes in your leveling experience allowing players more time to adjust. And no one is gonna quit the game because of a dev post because everyone will wanna try out the new items and skills promised in the future as well as all the other upcoming content.

Also there is the pantheon system which basically is free defenses for any type of build.
I'm pretty sure they will reduce enemies damage, since nerfing enemies damage and while not buffing life, kinda makes it more even... well gotta wait to see.

Hope game still feels playable on top tier content.
"
"
JeanKB wrote:
"

pretty much

The thing is, you guys aren't noticing that right now while players using ES with "ok gear" have 10-11k ES, the players that use HP with "ok gear" only have 4k-5k HP at max. How this is even close to fair? And buffing life won't fix it, since it just powercreeps everything and makes the game easier.

your forgetting some bosses can one shot you with 12k es

Ya youre supposed to dodge those hits, not facetank them [Removed by Support], theyre designed to kill you.
Last edited by Alexb_ggg on May 17, 2017, 11:33:10 PM
"
deMoxE wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:
"
deMoxE wrote:
"QQ i wont be able to steamroll facetank and ill have to actually use potions to survive."

This is what ggg get for making game better than d3, all these crying diablo 3 players used to 5 seconds immortality passives and stuff lol.

I don't know why people associate ES with steamrolling. Vinktar, Vaal pact, etc are the issue - not ES. Seriously. All ES does is keep you safe from huge bullshit damage that can't be mitigated properly. That's it. If you remove vinktar, VP, and ghost reaver, ES would be utterly, completely balanced - you can't get one shot, but you can't facetank and expect to live. The way they are changing it now is lazy and ineffectual; all it does is swing the pendulum so far in the other direction that playing an ES build will be too much of a pain for someone with <50ex budget to bother with.

And if people point to 20% regen 25k ES tanks...all I have to say is if you invest in mirror tier gear and have that much regen and defense from the tree then you deserve to be able to facetank. Sorry if that bugs the devs and makes it harder to maintain the illusion that the game can't be trivialized (hint: someone will always, ALWAYS find a way...and punishing the 99% won't stop that from happening).

Because You have 6k hp vs 12k es, guess who gets oneshot faster.

True, which is why a better fix would be to tone down huge damage spikes. If your life build has enough EHP to survive a hit, and has leech, that is relatively balanced with an ES build which can maybe take 2 of those hits but can't leech back quickly. That's obviously justa random example but that's how it is designed to work. Also, if your mitigation actually works decently *cough*armor*cough* then maybe that one shot is now a 2 shot. Again, balanced. If you nerf ES to the point where you need mirror gear to get to the values OK gear can get currently, plus VP no longer works...you're screwed. If ES can't protect you from damage spikes then it has no practical purpose - you may as well go life and grab mitigation in all cases if ES doesn't work the way it is supposed to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info