Energy Shield and Life

"QQ i wont be able to steamroll facetank and ill have to actually use potions to survive."

This is what ggg get for making game better than d3, all these crying diablo 3 players used to 5 seconds immortality passives and stuff lol.
Last edited by deMoxE on May 17, 2017, 10:21:41 PM
"
JeanKB wrote:
"
"
MeWhenum wrote:
Extremely disappointing. Changes to ghost reaver and Vaal pact are great. Buff to life and defenses are a good step. Nerf to ES gear is garbage. As usual, GGG looks at the very pinnacle of gear and uses that as a measurement of the overall viability of a mechanic. If perfect gear (20k+ ES) is now 15K like they say...then anybody who has "ok" gear (10-11k?) right now now has...8k or less? Seriously? 8K ES with heavily nerfed leech and probably limited mitigation? People will be dying in T2 xoph breaches. Really sad that they couldn't come up with a better solution (i.e. nerf the absurdity that is vinktar, reduce oneshot mechanics so life can compete, etc.)

pretty much

The thing is, you guys aren't noticing that right now while players using ES with "ok gear" have 10-11k ES, the players that use HP with "ok gear" only have 4k-5k HP at max. How this is even close to fair? And buffing life won't fix it, since it just powercreeps everything and makes the game easier.

OK life gear will net you at minimum 5.5k life if you have enough nodes on the tree (which is another issue altogether, that ES is more node-efficient...but I digress).

Seems like, with the new hybrid mods, OK life gear will give you about 6K life and some extra mitigation, ignoring any changes to the tree. I'm estimating, of course, but I think that's a fair guess. My 11.5K ES char (who by the way does not even use leech, love being collateral damage) will have about 7.9K ES after these changes, using their numbers.

Who, in their right mind, thinks that 6K life plus mitigation is balanced with 7.9K ES? That amount of life is (comfortably) serviceable for most content other than bosses, volatiles, and some stuff like that. 7.9K ES is awful unless you somehow manage to squeeze in other mitigation, plus now you have to deal with stun and freeze.

Next patch will be 5% people with top tier ES builds which are still good, 20% melee people who haven't got the memo that the devs don't want you to play melee, and 75% archers. Mark my words.
Last edited by MeWhenum on May 17, 2017, 10:20:00 PM
Rory, yeah. It's forum... It isn't the forum for developers. You are just the consumer and it's all.
"
deMoxE wrote:
QQ i wont be able to steamroll facetank and ill have to actually use potions to survive.

This is what ggg get for making game better than d3, all these crying diablo 3 players used to 5 seconds immortality passives and stuff lol.

oh really? ci cant use flask and cant leech, time to go full regen.
And no nerf to guardian ES, that aura will still be giving lots of ES. This nerf didnt touched it at all.
"
Lynerus wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
To anyone taking that 25k es seriously:
Yes,25k es is doable if you have mirror worthy gear and a tree focused on es only with no dps nodes.

No,you cannot use a 25k es build to play this game. It does nothing,it cannot even leech.

Great gear and tree that had also dps to play the game ended in 14-15k es.
That's what you see on 12h/day streamers.
Mortals ended with 8-10k es depending on build.
Now it's gonna be oneshot madness with 5.5-7k es and no leech.
Streamers will be at 10k

Life builds get a 500 life bonus at best.
So with the current data es ends up with 1-2k more ehp than life.
If you think having 6.5k life or 8k es is balanced around endgame and crazy situations that happen,think again.

Huh im 100% sure there are 20k+ es builds on reddit that REKT everything maybe i remember wrong?

What percent of the players have 20k es builds that rekt everything?
Because they balance around them again.
I'm sure most players don't.
I still remember "most players don't make it to maps" post by Chris.
Now most players have 25k es?
Please.
I'm not saying es numbers didn't need to go down.
I'm saying give people,me included, a (good) reason to play life again.
Making es as worthless as life is not a good reason in my book.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
To anyone taking that 25k es seriously:
Yes,25k es is doable if you have mirror worthy gear and a tree focused on es only with no dps nodes.

No,you cannot use a 25k es build to play this game. It does nothing,it cannot even leech.

Great gear and tree that had also dps to play the game ended in 14-15k es.
That's what you see on 12h/day streamers.
Mortals ended with 8-10k es depending on build.
Now it's gonna be oneshot madness with 5.5-7k es and no leech.
Streamers will be at 10k

Life builds get a 500 life bonus at best.
So with the current data es ends up with 1-2k more ehp than life.
If you think having 6.5k life or 8k es is balanced around endgame and crazy situations that happen,think again.

Huh im 100% sure there are 20k+ es builds on reddit that REKT everything maybe i remember wrong?

What percent of the players have 20k es builds that rekt everything?
Because they balance around them again.
I'm sure most players don't.
I still remember "most players don't make it to maps" post by Chris.
Now most players have 25k es?
Please.
I'm not saying es numbers didn't need to go down.
I'm saying give people,me included, a (good) reason to play life again.
Making es as worthless as life is not a good reason in my book.

hey man, its ok if everything is shit then nothing will be best
what a shitty mentality
"
deMoxE wrote:
"QQ i wont be able to steamroll facetank and ill have to actually use potions to survive."

I don't know why people associate ES with steamrolling. Vinktar, Vaal pact, etc are the issue - not ES. Seriously. All ES does is keep you safe from huge bullshit damage that can't be mitigated properly. That's it. If you remove vinktar, VP, and ghost reaver, ES would be utterly, completely balanced - you can't get one shot, but you can't facetank and expect to live. The way they are changing it now is lazy and ineffectual; all it does is swing the pendulum so far in the other direction that playing an ES build will be too much of a pain for someone with <50ex budget to bother with.

And if people point to 20% regen 25k ES tanks...all I have to say is if you invest in mirror tier gear and have that much regen and defense from the tree then you deserve to be able to facetank. Sorry if that bugs the devs and makes it harder to maintain the illusion that the game can't be trivialized (hint: someone will always, ALWAYS find a way...and punishing the 99% won't stop that from happening).
I am greatly disapointed in all the recent patches and what you are planning now does give it the rest. This game should be about fun, but what you are doing right now is destroying the fun for me personally.

Im out before this ship sinks.
You lost a good paying customer - no more support from me.
"
JeanKB wrote:
"
"
MeWhenum wrote:
Extremely disappointing. Changes to ghost reaver and Vaal pact are great. Buff to life and defenses are a good step. Nerf to ES gear is garbage. As usual, GGG looks at the very pinnacle of gear and uses that as a measurement of the overall viability of a mechanic. If perfect gear (20k+ ES) is now 15K like they say...then anybody who has "ok" gear (10-11k?) right now now has...8k or less? Seriously? 8K ES with heavily nerfed leech and probably limited mitigation? People will be dying in T2 xoph breaches. Really sad that they couldn't come up with a better solution (i.e. nerf the absurdity that is vinktar, reduce oneshot mechanics so life can compete, etc.)

pretty much

The thing is, you guys aren't noticing that right now while players using ES with "ok gear" have 10-11k ES, the players that use HP with "ok gear" only have 4k-5k HP at max. How this is even close to fair? And buffing life won't fix it, since it just powercreeps everything and makes the game easier.

No. Life builds with OK gear have 4-5k life.

ES builds with ok gear have 6-7k ES, 7-9k with occultist or trickster.

There seems to me a mass delusion that every player in the game owns a perfect roll 1k ES vaal regalia.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info