Energy Shield and Life

"
JeanKB wrote:
"
"
MeWhenum wrote:
Extremely disappointing. Changes to ghost reaver and Vaal pact are great. Buff to life and defenses are a good step. Nerf to ES gear is garbage. As usual, GGG looks at the very pinnacle of gear and uses that as a measurement of the overall viability of a mechanic. If perfect gear (20k+ ES) is now 15K like they say...then anybody who has "ok" gear (10-11k?) right now now has...8k or less? Seriously? 8K ES with heavily nerfed leech and probably limited mitigation? People will be dying in T2 xoph breaches. Really sad that they couldn't come up with a better solution (i.e. nerf the absurdity that is vinktar, reduce oneshot mechanics so life can compete, etc.)

pretty much

The thing is, you guys aren't noticing that right now while players using ES with "ok gear" have 10-11k ES, the players that use HP with "ok gear" only have 4k-5k HP at max. How this is even close to fair? And buffing life won't fix it, since it just powercreeps everything and makes the game easier.

your forgetting some bosses can one shot you with 12k es
LIFE NEED TO NERF.
GGG, you need to learn how to better take care of your game as it evolves. More carefully test and number crunch before you inject new items, skills, keystones, content etc., so that you can avoid these ham fisted moments.

I realise that you enjoy watching the lab rats squirm as you 'experiment', but use some better judgement going forward. Be nice to your player base. Treat them with respect instead of jerking them around with your psychological warfare.

Pretend that they are paying your salaries.
"
ItsRay wrote:
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
Not being salty, but who the fuck invited the Blizzard devs to the balance team? This is overkill, why not just remove ES from the game?

Why couldn't you just buff life instead of making ES pure garbage

"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
Overzealous nerfing is half the reason I stopped playing this game. Diablo 3 has literally seen more playtime from me in the last 2 months.

Then just stay in Diablo 3.

When I read the first quoted Post I already wanted to reply to you saying that the reason why "not just buff life" is very easily observed when taking a glance at d3 and the numbers in that game. How do you make anything useful in that game ? By giving a skill a 50000% damage multiplier. And why? Because the devs thought "why not just buff life?" "why not just buff life?" "why not just buff life?"

And then you drop the hammer that you play more d3 anyway.. Good riddance

Holy Sh*t, I didnt even notice he made both of those posts, lmao, nice catch.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
To anyone taking that 25k es seriously:
Yes,25k es is doable if you have mirror worthy gear and a tree focused on es only with no dps nodes.

No,you cannot use a 25k es build to play this game. It does nothing,it cannot even leech.

Great gear and tree that had also dps to play the game ended in 14-15k es.
That's what you see on 12h/day streamers.
Mortals ended with 8-10k es depending on build.
Now it's gonna be oneshot madness with 5.5-7k es and no leech.
Streamers will be at 10k

Life builds get a 500 life bonus at best.
So with the current data es ends up with 1-2k more ehp than life.
If you think having 6.5k life or 8k es is balanced around endgame and crazy situations that happen,think again.

Huh im 100% sure there are 20k+ es builds on reddit that REKT everything maybe i remember wrong?
"
FrydHamstr wrote:
Everyone losing their shit on this post has forgotten what a goddamn beta is.

Google it, it's how devs TEST changes and further IMPROVE them.

Give it time, or go play D3.

This is what the devs posted,this is what people comment.
If they have plans to increase life significantly and didn't mention them here,they are even worse.
Right now,though these values can change after beta,i see no mentality of bringing life and es at a balance that is enough to play endgame.
All i see are obsessed es haters that don't even care about life status in game,and people prompting others to play d3.
Do you like the changes they announced?
Do you think 50 life roll on chests is what life builds needed?
Every nerf and nerf and act 4 like cruel at normal and moar acts with moar cruel and mercineless.
sup 2ch

Last edited by badwert on May 17, 2017, 10:13:19 PM
"
Redblade wrote:
The change to Vaal Pact kills the "broken" interaction. Without it and the crazy nerfs to potential ES amount CI is dead. This also completely kills CI based HoWA builds which by far was my favorit build (and item).

How do you see a HoWA build countering reflect after this? Currently, with VP and purity of lightning, I almost one shot my self to single reflect rares.

I'm sorry but this change is terrible. Not to mention how you're creating masses of legacy rares in standard as well.

Edit: You also forgot to fix the core issue with life which made everyone go CI in the first place. Massive damage mechanics that deal 10+ damage, especially elemental such as volotile. (Also the reason why I stoped playing HC)

ES based builds will be fine. Having 20k ES and a retarded amount of leech on HOWA is only necessary for brain dead players. If you play HOWA you should just quit the game honestly because you clearly need some significant handicaps to get by.
For me Berseker VP is the new broken shit now. Can even have Mind over matter on it to not be dead on one shot hits.

And i never got a shavs drop till today. Now i really dont want it to drop anymore.
Last edited by HoockBr on May 17, 2017, 10:15:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info