Energy Shield and Life

Just 4 months ago I had about 30 to 40 peoples online on a daily basis in my friend list.
Now. I got 1 ( one ), but he is just sitting there probably a zombie seller account.
That's it.
I have warned previously that NERFING the core players of the game - the casters is a suicide on steroids.

I've never seen such amount of wrong decisions in the MMO games. PoE was my favorite game previously because of the ideology of a "never touch negatively the players". Not it went even worse than Runes of Magic - which were hitting a millions of players before the developers decide to milk the core players - the casters to the bones with nerfing. It's ghost town now.

GGG You have a considerable small amount of time to reconsider the nerfing of ES/CI players and insted boost it by 5% as I suggested initially in order to match the life builds.
For those with 25k ES - It's nothing there which could be done. Actually nothing at all should be done, because this is the point of one messy-to-no-storyline game with nothing much to do than trying to become OP build.

REMEMBER :

IF YOU CAN NOT BECOME OP BUILD IN POE - THE GAME WILL LOOSE IT'S POINT TOTALLY !
Given that I have never been anywhere over 10K ES, let alone 25000, hitting the static bonus of Discipline Aura seems pretty overkill to me. Additionally, the loss of Infused Shield is gonna make Chaos Inoculation pretty damn painful, which matters because it's the only way outside of Shavronne's (another item I've never been anywhere near) to survive chaos damage.

The issue is 'well rolled gear'. Something that is only a problem for people with extremely well tuned RNG and dozens of exalted orbs worth of equipment.

By all means fix the mods on gear that is otherwise impossible for the average player to even conceive of, let alone acquire. But wrecking everyone's survivability to deal with an issue affecting the late game of a vanishingly small number of hardcore players is heavy handed.

Hell, it almost feels personal.

If you're going to go after someone, please just let them have it, rather than dressing it up by making life harder for all ES users at the same time.
Last edited by Kanner on Jun 30, 2017, 3:59:26 AM
So.. We all were right. Nerfing ES turns slowly the game into just the next mmorpg Ghost Town.
Great job!

You cant add 1000 new towns, a hundrilion of a content, and even a reasonable storyline - but if you are punishing your followers and buddies for no reason then probably it will not mater at all.
Last edited by ThorTX on Jul 1, 2017, 5:09:22 AM
The salt flowing from here is pretty great.

Having tested CI in the beta, I can assure you that it works perfectly fine. I just can no longer AFK Shaper with less investment than any other build, is all.

I notice a big pattern; those that whine incessantly about their builds being nerfed in broad senses are never theorycrafters, while the theorycrafters are often the ones asking for nerfs? Why do you folk even bother? All you should really do is just remain silent, and wait to see what the new "meta" is so you can copy it.

"
magusat999 wrote:
Did Digital Extremes do a takeover of GGG while I wasn't looking? These kinds of nerfs are why I take breaks from WARFRAME, and play POE instead.

Apparently you played a different Warframe from me?

One of Digital Extreme's biggest issues is that they DON'T nerf anything beyond "reworking" an individual frame's ability function. The stats ALMOST NEVER get changed; it took like two years before they "nerfed" Tonkor... By cutting its base crit from 35% to 25% (still great), with the only thing that actually mattered was that it suddenly had self-damage.

Meanwhile, weapons like Rakta Cernos and especially Atterax remain so overwhelmingly trivializing to the game's content, yet don't get nerfs. DE instead gives us "bandaid" mods to try and make other weapons viable, rather than buffing them.

By actually nerfing a badly-overpowered (make no mistake, the current ES meta is BADLY overpowered) mechanic, they are seeking to AVOID becoming like DE.

"
Smear wrote:
What hasn't dawned on GGG just yet, when this gutting of an entire mechanic of the game (ES) actually goes life, a large chunk of the player base is going to quit.

Yeah, this is patently false. Whine all you want because they're taking away your easy mode, but truth is that no, players do NOT quit en masse due to balance changes. It's never happened in the history of any major online game.

They'll bitch and whine and moan and complain... And then they'll go quiet, and keep playing.

Seriously, though, you'll be back. You'll just wait until you see a popular streamer use a build, you'll go "that looks easy!" and then copy-paste the build for yourself.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Jul 1, 2017, 6:15:42 AM
"
ACGIFT wrote:

"
Smear wrote:
What hasn't dawned on GGG just yet, when this gutting of an entire mechanic of the game (ES) actually goes life, a large chunk of the player base is going to quit.

Yeah, this is patently false. Whine all you want because they're taking away your easy mode, but truth is that no, players do NOT quit en masse due to balance changes. It's never happened in the history of any major online game.

They'll bitch and whine and moan and complain... And then they'll go quiet, and keep playing.

Seriously, though, you'll be back. You'll just wait until you see a popular streamer use a build, you'll go "that looks easy!" and then copy-paste the build for yourself.

GOOD LORDS ! HAVE YOU EVER AT ALL PLAYED ANY MMO GAME MORE THAN A FEW HOURS ?!

I have seens rise and falls of more than 20 MMO's just because of Nerfing, Greed and Stupid classing.
Your argument is absolutely invalid.
Just check the follow : "Runes of Magic", "Diablo 2", "Silkroad", "Star Wars", "World of Warcraft".. shall I keep going ?!

Last edited by ThorTX on Jul 1, 2017, 2:45:32 PM
I still have faith in GGG and hope the ES nerfs won't go live as posted here. As they did with the CoC and mjollner nerfs, GGG came back from insane nerfs back then also. And that they will have a solution for ES that will NOT affect regular ES/CI builds, builds that get to 12k ES at most.
The posted ES nerfs would destroy multiple branches of possible builds, therefor I doubt GGG will really implement the ES changes as posted.

My suggestion: Remove VP from working with ES and put high diminishing returns on ES when it goes above 15k total.
"
sarannah101 wrote:
I still have faith in GGG and hope the ES nerfs won't go live as posted here. As they did with the CoC and mjollner nerfs, GGG came back from insane nerfs back then also. And that they will have a solution for ES that will NOT affect regular ES/CI builds, builds that get to 12k ES at most.
The posted ES nerfs would destroy multiple branches of possible builds, therefor I doubt GGG will really implement the ES changes as posted.

My suggestion: Remove VP from working with ES and put high diminishing returns on ES when it goes above 15k total.

The diminishing returns idea is best... and the ES nodes behind CI should definitely go back into the game. Like many people even in live struggle to hit 10k ES so it is not very fair for GGG to balance ES thinking that every person miraculously hits 20k ES some how.
"
lostsage wrote:

The diminishing returns idea is best... and the ES nodes behind CI should definitely go back into the game. Like many people even in live struggle to hit 10k ES so it is not very fair for GGG to balance ES thinking that every person miraculously hits 20k ES some how.

Nodes of ES actually should be increased as I mentioned before. at least 2 additional nodes by 4% should be added in order to match the convo 1 life = 2.5 ES, and the not possibility to drink potion in order to regenerate ES add to the convo.

I believe that 5% boost of ES / CI builds is fair, and additional push to leech is fair as well.

And yet - 25k ES is fine for a not playable, ultra expensive, not-fun at all build.

Thanks GGG, but the argument against ES is completely invalid.
Last edited by ThorTX on Jul 2, 2017, 5:41:55 AM
"
ThorTX wrote:
GOOD LORDS ! HAVE YOU EVER AT ALL PLAYED ANY MMO GAME MORE THAN A FEW HOURS ?!

Have you ever done more with MMOs rather than play and listen/do what others tell you? I like how you found it so offensive that I didn't agree with your preconceived notions that you had to resort to ALLCAPS.

Sure, you can draw a pretty graph, but can you actually provide one that contains anything other than conjecture to blame it on "nerfs"? Are you capable of actually discussing facts, rather than parroting a narrative?

Here, *I* can provide a graph with some facts in here, rather than just arbitrarily inserting things to make it say what I want to.

"
ThorTX wrote:
Just check the follow : "Runes of Magic", "Diablo 2", "Silkroad", "Star Wars", "World of Warcraft".. shall I keep going ?!

To illustrate, I'll pick probably the most infamous example on your list: Star Wars Galaxies. A number of players constantly MOANED about a certain non-expansion change, the "Combat Upgrade," (CU) which substantially altered many of the game's core systems. If you listened to the loudest and most-repeated voices, CU had RUINED SWG.

Turns out it didn't actually alter the trajectory of their player base. The game was ALREADY losing subscribers when it came out, (April 2005) but to no fault of the game developers' choices themselves; the game was ALREADY doomed. In fact, if you look (see: Dark Ages of Camelot, Everquest I, even the venerable Ultima Online) all saw serious drops in subscriber base around 2004-2005.

The culprit? A little game known as "World of WarCraft." It was drawing people away even BEFORE its launch, (thanks to a rather large beta test) and it had a near-unprecedented surge, experiencing rapid growth in subscriber count for approximately four years, finally stopping at about 11.6 million right after the release of Wrath of the Lich King.

Yeah, something THAT big is gonna have an effect. There were never an infinite number of people out there ready to get on board with paying $10-15 every month to settle into just one game. So naturally, it was going to steal players from other games. Quite understandable; it did what so many other MMOs tried to do, just better.

And yes, eventually the growth cooled off, and it plateaued. Was it their fault? Did Wrath ruin the game? Obviously not, because people kept playing. It's pretty clear that the game had simply saturated the market: there really WEREN'T many others to draw in. If you look, it DOES start decaying, slowly. Why would this be? Well, the game was already four years old. Like, who even bothers to play BioShock Infinite today? There's other, newer and shinier games out there.

And then the game DOES rebound slightly, hitting its all-time high with 12 million, with the release of Cataclysm. But the game was already decaying, so it soon resumed tumbling.

Now, the most complained-about expansion for WoW was, without a doubt, "Mists of Pandaria." Whined that it had "ruined" the game, it instead seemed to stem the bleeding the game had; the first half of 2012 saw over a MILLION players quit, which was BEFORE the expansion came out in the fall of that year; it saw those million stay around for half a year, well more than necessary to just "clear the new content and leave." It'd tumble some more, but stabilize before Blizzard stopped publicly releasing subscriber counts. Hardly seems to have been the game being "ruined."

"
ThorTX wrote:
I have seens rise and falls of more than 20 MMO's just because of Nerfing, Greed and Stupid classing.

No, as I've illustrated: you've seen the rise and fall because they aged, and you were upset that you might've had to "git gud" and wanted to blame something other than yourself.

"
ThorTX wrote:
Your argument is absolutely invalid.

Invalid because... You didn't like hearing what I had to say? That I didn't blindly agree that "Oh no GGG should *never* nerf what's popular!"

In a healthy game that keeps players interested, developers MUST nerf; without nerfs, the game becomes increasingly trivial, and simply loses excitement. A lot of developers of non-MMOs are leaning more lately towards "press A to automatically win everything" design, but the results are pretty clear: the games never have much longevity, as being easy hooks players, but then they leave it within a short span.

Online games hoping to keep players for years need to do things differently, otherwise, at best, each new expansion with new content will draw players in for a matter of days before they get bored again, making developing such expansions a waste of money.

"
ThorTX wrote:
1 life = 2.5 ES

And yet - 25k ES is fine for a not playable, ultra expensive, not-fun at all build.

1 life is as good as 2.5 ES? That's just plain laughable.

And if you can't make the game playable with 25k ES, you're just plain a bad player; there's no way to sugarcoat it for you.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Fellow !

Have You ever read the graphics You just put on ?!

Did You notice that most of nerf games I have mentioned is missing, and these which present is perfectly matching my words ?!

Your point is still invalid. You have made none points providing any actual kind of proof against my statement. You just trow some old, not actual graphics which have no points, neither reasons, and laughable state against something which is perfectly the truth seems like.

Nerfing is nothing but a lack of developer, management or supervisor intelligence OR a terror blackmailing upon the players in order to be deep pocketed.

Balancing is an absurd which shall never persists in PoE in any form ! It's against anything which PoE start and been like.

and yes - ES shall be boosted by 5% instead of nerfed.
Last edited by ThorTX on Jul 3, 2017, 5:50:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info