Energy Shield and Life

So, what's the holdup on moving vaal pact back to the original position? ;)
IMO you are ripping away ES survivability in the wrong way. Nerf the overall values, don't flat out remove mechanics that have been in place for years destroying thousands of peoples characters and builds. This is only gonna piss off people without finding a resolution.
This just seems like a lazy fix for a serious problem..
Last edited by Cryov on Jun 21, 2017, 9:42:55 PM
"
Cryov wrote:
IMO you are ripping away ES survivability in the wrong way. Nerf the overall values, don't flat out remove mechanics that have been in place for years destroying thousands of peoples characters and builds. This is only gonna piss off people without finding a resolution.

I am in agree with the 1st part of your statement, but I completely disagree with the 2nd one :

"
Cryov wrote:

Because THERE IS NOT A SINGLE ISSUE, NEITHER A PROBLEM !

The problem were invented by peoples which is a screenshot stat warriors with life builds, which completely envy the numbers of ES pools on CI builds.
Anyway 1 life = 2.5 ES, since there is NO POTION TO REGENERATE ES LIKE LIFE DOES.
Therefore even 2.5 ES = 1 LIFE is a PRETTY LOW CONV!

THEREFORE ES WAS NERFED INITIALLY, AND THUS THAT SOMEONE HAVE MADE A SUPER EXPENSIVE BUILD WHICH REACHING 25k ES, AND IT IS STILL UNPLAYABLE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REST OF THE ES/CI BUILDS !
With the "1h 6L wipe" the PoE turns to a joke now.
There is no sane reason for one to play it any further.
ES is supposed to be glass cannon and not a face tanking machine. Low-life glass cannon builds made it even more ridiculous. GGG will never go back to that poor design again.
"
Genmaicha wrote:
ES is supposed to be glass cannon and not a face tanking machine. Low-life glass cannon builds made it even more ridiculous. GGG will never go back to that poor design again.

And suddenly there is the guy which believe that PoE equals Diablo, and looking on the fame trio probably.

I am speechless !
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Jun 22, 2017, 7:32:01 AM
The wrong way to do it, they way you nerfed energy shield, you're going at every single item, instead you should've gone against stacking it, like in d3 every subsequent stack receives a smaller bonus, though yeah in there it's just percentages so it's easy there. Mean right now people who only have maybe few of those items and aren't actively stacking 'em will suffer from it too.
Nope. Again Nope.

ES should be actually boosted by 5% instead of nerfed.

Thus that someone did something which none else wish or wanna do it is an isolated case.
and "It's NOT a bug, It's a feature" since it's increasing the diversity of the builds.

If this game is going to became straight-ahead game just like the rest - well.. probably I have played it for a way too long or someone took the real wrong idea about what peoples is actually looking for inside a game with a complete messy and unreasonable long and complex story line.
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Jun 23, 2017, 2:29:24 AM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Passive tree didnt changed, life node still far from grouping and still need waste 80% our node to get few life mode... %life didnt buffed at all and no change per level/base life buff.

Goal wasn't to buff life, goal was to nerf ES enough that life becomes a viable option. Buffing life just causes a power surge in the game trivializing harder content, which is exactly what they said they didn't want ES doing like it was.
Did Digital Extremes do a takeover of GGG while I wasn't looking? These kinds of nerfs are why I take breaks from WARFRAME, and play POE instead. Reading about the recent nerfs makes me feel like I am still playing Warframe - where they nerf to keep the players weak. A weak player is a paying player. I never felt that way about POE until after reading about what has been going on lately with these nerfs. Any time I see the most useful, efficient, popular things being nerfed I know that it's money time.

it isn't about balance, that's just an excuse to do it. It's a method of keeping most of the playerbase in a certain place (weak), so they have to start the upgrade process all over again. Why else doesn't the decision makers care why it is doing to builds? If they cared they would do it so that the existing builds can persist and only have it affect future builds - or they would make another League and only apply it to the new league.

It's hard to believe the "reasons", and the "it was never intended that way" type of excuses when it WAS that way for years. "Coincidentally" with the coming of an expansion the game rules must be changed? We don't want those powerful players running through all the new stuff too fast - do we?

Even with those "OP" builds, how much of the player base was steamrolling hard content? .0001%??? I see no justification in these changes - and the reasons are at best thinly veiled "excuses" that have already been debunked a thousand times in the comments.

Guess it's time for me to get back to Warframe - at least I know what to expect from them.
"
magusat999 wrote:
Did Digital Extremes do a takeover of GGG while I wasn't looking? These kinds of nerfs are why I take breaks from WARFRAME, and play POE instead. Reading about the recent nerfs makes me feel like I am still playing Warframe - where they nerf to keep the players weak. A weak player is a paying player. I never felt that way about POE until after reading about what has been going on lately with these nerfs. Any time I see the most useful, efficient, popular things being nerfed I know that it's money time.

it isn't about balance, that's just an excuse to do it. It's a method of keeping most of the playerbase in a certain place (weak), so they have to start the upgrade process all over again. Why else doesn't the decision makers care why it is doing to builds? If they cared they would do it so that the existing builds can persist and only have it affect future builds - or they would make another League and only apply it to the new league.

It's hard to believe the "reasons", and the "it was never intended that way" type of excuses when it WAS that way for years. "Coincidentally" with the coming of an expansion the game rules must be changed? We don't want those powerful players running through all the new stuff too fast - do we?

Even with those "OP" builds, how much of the player base was steamrolling hard content? .0001%??? I see no justification in these changes - and the reasons are at best thinly veiled "excuses" that have already been debunked a thousand times in the comments.

Guess it's time for me to get back to Warframe - at least I know what to expect from them.

What hasn't dawned on GGG just yet, when this gutting of an entire mechanic of the game (ES) actually goes life, a large chunk of the player base is going to quit.

Legacy league is already dead. Standard is a bit more active, but many in my guild are MIA. And the activity is declining.

Great job GGG, by pandering to the corporate greed, you're killing this game in one cataclysmic swoop.

I've been branded many things for saying that PoE needs a successor. PoE 2 and rebuild the game from the ground up. By locking in the passive tree to the available characters, they're in a corner now of trying to expand on this principle while simultaneously gutting a core mechanic, it's not going to work.

They should rename this expansion, the fall of poe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info