Energy Shield and Life

"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
"
Gainworx wrote:
Well in all, i guess GGG saw this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxX-eeLZPqU

well.. build price overall : 400+ Exalts. Good luck with this build.

Shall I post the 2000 Exalt build with 15k HP regenerator ?!
He even does not feel the need to move aside. He can be just AFK.

25k ES IS NOTHING COMPARED WITH HIGH REGEN LIFE BUILDS.

anyway i am not pointing HP for nerfing. not at all. Just the oposite - Nerfing shall be never happening.

Here even cheaper, very cheap actually AFK regenerator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLFIeKcB08c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37UyuCvCv3M

I am leaving google to you.

Excessive nerf tards will never get it. They are game communist and require safe spaces when someone has the currency to make some ridiculous build that 99.999% of us won't bother with because, to be quite frank, it's beyond our means to accomplish.

The gaming Bolsheviks are taking over and PoE will go the way of Venezuelan type anarchy. Meanwhile, the currency hoarders will sell their currency on pay to play sights while the serfs grind away for currency crumbs to get mediocre gear. It's already heading down this path now.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
most of the changes are good I guess? TBC, uknown how this all effects existing gear.

Only thing i rly rly rly hate are these hybrid life/defense mods. So you have a problem where people dont value armour and evasion, so rather than improve them or try and change peoples minds you are giving them a way to get even less armour and evasion for more life, and life is always valued by everyone... So essentially you are reducing everyones ar and ev ratings because we will all go for more life, making ar and ev even worse than they already are...

thats just such a terrible way to go with it. If you wanted people to have more life u should have just buffed life nodes or given them more life per level, then actually made some moves to make people value evasion and armour if u felt like people were not hunting 3 prefixes on life gear.

+1
IMO, 3% and 4% life nodes shouldn't exist... It's just not enough for endgame.
It'd be better to buff these (and also, maybe, put more life nodes in the right side of the tree, as others have suggested).
Just my opinion anyways
"Too Wierd To Live... Too Rare To Die...."
Personal Motto

Finally made it to lvl 100... Only took me 3 years...:) :(
"
+1
IMO, 3% and 4% life nodes shouldn't exist... It's just not enough for endgame.
It'd be better to buff these (and also, maybe, put more life nodes in the right side of the tree, as others have suggested).
Just my opinion anyways

Agreed. 5% or better at least when combined with something else. Because otherwise the life builds get boring (mine included) because we're debating whether to go 5+% or 3-4% with something not as important as life, and we end up going 5+% and slotting 7% life jewels when possible. When most of your passives have to go into Life or ES just to keep up with the monster power creep at end game, things get boring.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on May 23, 2017, 2:34:27 PM
right.

So basically now if u try and stack armour or evasion you are actually gimping your life, where as before the 2 didnt interfere with each other on the prefix level. So basically going the way of things like lightning coil acrobatics where you basically avoid ar/ev by getting an easier replacement for the mechanics that already require far less investment are even stronger while the core life defenses are now weaker than before...

Its just sad to see them take wrong turns with fundamentals like this. Look at EB, they fucked it up and now wheres life based casters? And everyone pushing ladder plays casters surprise surprise everyones playing CI.... yeah cause u fucked up EB by going totally the wrong way with it. And its still fucked, we have to live with it now, they fucked it up and it just stays fucked now forever.

Dot changes are the wrong way and the game will be worse as a result of what they have chosen. These hybrid rolls are also the wrong way and the game will be worse as a result.

You know what 3.0 is gonna be now? 9k life vaal pact builds facerolling shaper etc with huge instant leech. All the same stupid abuse we see now where leech tanks trivialise the game and just stand there holding down the button through the 'hardest' content... yeah thats all still in the game according to this manifesto, its just done with life and not es. So whats the point of the change?

You know, I_NO is kind of right, you guys really are shit at balancing your game sometimes and I do wonder how you can be so far from seeing the problems you create with these changes, how youre so detached from the bigger picture.

Ultimately this nerf to es is needed but youve gone way too far, I hope you actually see that. Youre opening up 9k+ life builds without kaoms and letting them have instant leech, and way more of it than a ci would be able to currently get. Meanwhile ur taking strong es builds that probably have 15k es right about now and nerfing them down to what? 10k? So u got 10k es with no instant leech vs 9k life with instant leech, probably 3x as much % leech and life pots? You do realise that the size of the gap between es and life in 3.0 is probably going to be 5x worse than when u started, just in the other direction? all because of what? A broken guardian ascendancy? Balancing meta instead of balancing the game?

A bit fucking stupid tbh. I hope you realise this and plan to buff ci back again once people have gone back to life so we can have a well made game not a shit game with a meta shift.
"
Gainworx wrote:
Well in all, i guess GGG saw this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxX-eeLZPqU

I love how the guy admits in his build thread FAQ that he sometimes gets one shot. Some sorrows are shared by all exiles it seems, even those with 25k ES ...

Soft Caps with diminishing returns is a far better way to balance the game for current content AND future content.

Soft Caps penalize the top tier of the playerbase who are abusing the game mechanics without hurting the rest of the players that don't have the top gear. Players with the tier 1 gear could continue to stack ES at an increasing rate of diminished returns to try to match what they had, or dump points into different areas of the tree.

GGG needs to get back to allowing a variety of builds to defeat end game content rather than just shifting the primary meta every other league.

This is not a move in the right direction

Two reasons:

#1 balancing around edge cases is never a good idea if you are aiming to please the majority of your users

#2 Yes, it was possible to get tons of ES but you have to remember that if you are going that route, you most likely are sacrificing every other defensive stat (except maybe block) so you have no armor and you get hit for over double the amount of damage in each hit as someone who is, say, all armor and life based. Bringing the numbers of es down to life levels is going to make es (pardon my french) suck donkey dick.
Good move GGG even 12K ES is way OP.

Delete VP while at it for life too and you're on right track.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 23, 2017, 10:09:02 PM
These changes do not go far enough. I will only be satisfied when player life or ES is 10 and all monsters hit for 10k plus. also please gimp all player damage i think 33% reductions are not enough. maybe cap it a 10.

It should take skilled players several days to do a red map. Also Shaper - this challenge should only be overcome by an extreme gaming team who sleep in shifts - it should be a league long fight. 3 months at least.

P.S I was being sarcastic.

P.P.S Buff from the center don't nerf from the fringes.

P.P.P.S Your balance team... Good god.
Good Balance since ES builds are ridiculously OP with tanky and high damage.

You need to buff defenses ( Armour / Evasion )
Last edited by alshabibi7 on May 24, 2017, 3:21:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info