Energy Shield and Life

"
alshabibi7 wrote:
Good Balance since ES builds are ridiculously OP with tanky and high damage.

You need to buff defenses ( Armour / Evasion )

Yes all ES builds are ridiculously OP.

Especially the ones that don't use Vaal pact. Which will be hit hardest by this change.

WtF!

And yes armour and evasion and life need a buff.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I want to think GGG cares about feedback, though it seems as though they're jaded and closed off to suggestions when it comes to nerfs.

They keep making the game more difficult, then try to counterbalance this with incremental buffs to certain areas of the game - 1 handed - some of which are beyond redundant already - single target melee.

What I find troubling is the dismissive nature with which they describe the necessity of destroying CI builds. Let me explain and provide examples:
- "We've seen characters reaching over 25,000 Energy Shield"

The above statement is true and nobody's questioning that, though people are questioning why they've chosen the extreme 0.00001% of guardian-only builds, then stated it takes perfect gear and heavy investment to get 9k life.

- "...while still having the damage output to sufficiently complete all of the content in the game"
They want to slow everyone down - AOE nerf, etc - so them saying that a 15 minute shaper fight with an aura bot is "sufficient" seems a little agenda driven.

- "...compared with the 9,000 Life that a very heavily invested Life character with perfect items could reach"

9k is heavily invested, though if you want to compare apples, use another Apple ffs. They're demonstrating their clear bias here by ignoring all of the many builds that have over 10k life while taking the very top-extreme ES builds and using that as their first example.

Here's some examples of builds with over 10k life without perfect gear.

Here's a guy with 14.5k life without perfect gear
-

The most saddening thing of all is Berserker VS any CI melee in 3.0: 100% of damage leeched + base leech and stun immunity. I cannot think of anything more bias than giving one toon 100% instant leech, then denying another instant leech in any form.

@GGG, I sincerely hope you respond to the community as although your game is loved around the world, these changes are actually kind of cruel. Nerf base level ES, discipline, ghost reaver, vaal's pact, uniques, regeneration and you'll see the player base drop off, I assure you. Buffing scion will draw some interest, though it's basically jazz hands covering your butcher's knife.

I'm just one person, though I refuse to play a game with dev's who take pleasure in crushing builds.

God you are so sad..."Here's a guy with 14.5k life without perfect gear" - Dismantle with legacy kaoms, and mirrored items and all hp nodes. Don't talk bshit if you can't say anything smart. Or u wanna compare this highest life build to a highest es ? ok there u go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4u7K-q3xwo
Last edited by hobla on May 24, 2017, 6:39:50 AM
"
hobla wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I want to think GGG cares about feedback, though it seems as though they're jaded and closed off to suggestions when it comes to nerfs.

They keep making the game more difficult, then try to counterbalance this with incremental buffs to certain areas of the game - 1 handed - some of which are beyond redundant already - single target melee.

What I find troubling is the dismissive nature with which they describe the necessity of destroying CI builds. Let me explain and provide examples:
- "We've seen characters reaching over 25,000 Energy Shield"

The above statement is true and nobody's questioning that, though people are questioning why they've chosen the extreme 0.00001% of guardian-only builds, then stated it takes perfect gear and heavy investment to get 9k life.

- "...while still having the damage output to sufficiently complete all of the content in the game"
They want to slow everyone down - AOE nerf, etc - so them saying that a 15 minute shaper fight with an aura bot is "sufficient" seems a little agenda driven.

- "...compared with the 9,000 Life that a very heavily invested Life character with perfect items could reach"

9k is heavily invested, though if you want to compare apples, use another Apple ffs. They're demonstrating their clear bias here by ignoring all of the many builds that have over 10k life while taking the very top-extreme ES builds and using that as their first example.

Here's some examples of builds with over 10k life without perfect gear.

Here's a guy with 14.5k life without perfect gear
-

The most saddening thing of all is Berserker VS any CI melee in 3.0: 100% of damage leeched + base leech and stun immunity. I cannot think of anything more bias than giving one toon 100% instant leech, then denying another instant leech in any form.

@GGG, I sincerely hope you respond to the community as although your game is loved around the world, these changes are actually kind of cruel. Nerf base level ES, discipline, ghost reaver, vaal's pact, uniques, regeneration and you'll see the player base drop off, I assure you. Buffing scion will draw some interest, though it's basically jazz hands covering your butcher's knife.

I'm just one person, though I refuse to play a game with dev's who take pleasure in crushing builds.

God you are so sad..."Here's a guy with 14.5k life without perfect gear" - Dismantle with legacy kaoms, and mirrored items and all hp nodes. Don't talk bshit if you can't say anything smart. Or u wanna compare this highest life build to a highest es ? ok there u go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4u7K-q3xwo

Thanks for your reply.

I actually am sad about the changes because I honestly think CI melee's fucked if they go through.

I looked at your link. That ES is only achievable in a party with an aura bot designed exclusively for this purpose. I agree it is excessively high, far too much so with the bot, though if you look at what his ES is outside of the buffs from the bot, it's in the realm of what they're using to justify the nerf.

My point to GGG was that Apples vs Apples is perfect items and decent investment from both categories. Dismantled's gear was not all perfect, regardless though my point was to show that you can get 14.5k HP without perfect gear when GGG said you get roughly 9k with perfect gear.

Dismantled's gear is ridiculously good, i don't dispute that, I dispute GGG and insulting someone for that doesn't contribute much, dude. Unless your intent is to troll then go ahead.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
Samson001 wrote:
"
alshabibi7 wrote:
Good Balance since ES builds are ridiculously OP with tanky and high damage.

You need to buff defenses ( Armour / Evasion )

Yes all ES builds are ridiculously OP.

Especially the ones that don't use Vaal pact. Which will be hit hardest by this change.

WtF!

And yes armour and evasion and life need a buff.

Actually Discipline got buffed and you get I think reduction to time before recovering though don't hold me on that I just heard it from one of overviews, so you get less ES but get to recover it faster, which actually better defines this aura instead of just more blue life.
I dunno what you are talking about but armar is good in blocking small to medium damage, and evasion usually takes the rest in terms of attacks. Plus no one defence capable to give you enough to survive on it's own you need a mix of those.

And most builds I see that are extremely tanky actually utilize more than one defence. My only wish would be is most overkill attacks you have to dodge were more forgivable, and wouldn't be OHKO(Kill on low life, leave with 1 HP no ES, or leave you with 1 HP and gibbing your any recovery for few seconds), it could also open to more interesting mechanics, like you sure survive those now, but it is also possible you have to survive follow up or survive. This would make fights more interesting, because you may give some strategy to the boss requiring you to adapt and plan, plan what you would do if you get in range. But I guess it is whatever It is their design and way of doing things, maybe after all acts out thei would start work on mechanics, in fact they already do.
This game is heading down the path of World of Warcraft when balancing the game until everything is the same. The charm about this game was to some extent the lack of a super balanced experience.

Anyway, I complained about nerfs in the past and still continued playing, we will see this time. I always played life based builds in the past and dying to often, feeling underpowered no matter how much time you put in to the game felt shitty.

Add more maps that are really hard instead of nerfing fun builds. Anyway, we will see.
{quote="Gainworx"]
"
"
Gainworx wrote:
u guys make the game harder, but make us more crappy everytime...

why not nerf everything to 0.. cuz the time comes u cant complete the game cuz everything is so bad nerfed.. this is even worse then D3

Slow player progression is how they make money. They do not engage players creatively because it costs more and most people will play anyway because they are weak-willed and don't stand up for themselves and no longer have any sense of what a community should/could be like. It's all about a return of capital on an investment and everything GGG does and has done in the past is to slow us down to keep us playing longer. GGG has nerfed entire builds into the ground without batting an eye and they will do it again and again because players still play!!!!

They stole Diablo 2 utterly, I mean what do you expect from these people? Steal a game then expect them to be nice when their dollar is at stake to players having fun but progressing too fast? No, they will do whatever they want.

I have a 3 year old build that I've written a 50,000 word guide for. I am not even allowed to write more. 270,000 views and 90 threads of replies of people who play it and GGG is going to kill it at 3.0. Thousands will lose my build that they invested time and currency in.

All hail Cookie-Cutter-GGG-Approved crap builds that are all the same homogeneous goop that they control.

How long have you worked at this game to get the fun you want?
Word it another way, how many hours of grinding vs hours of reward from that grinding?
Word it again another way, how much frustration and stress vs fun and jovial play?

Like I said, this game is WORK
No play allowed
Play costs money
Work gets money

GGG Mods do not move my post here. It belongs here. Stop taking my posts away.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 24, 2017, 1:32:46 PM
"
"
Gainworx wrote:

why not nerf everything to 0.. cuz the time comes u cant complete the game cuz everything is so bad nerfed.. this is even worse then D3

Slow player progression is how they make money. They do not engage players creatively because it costs more and most people will play anyway because they are weak-willed and don't stand up for themselves and no longer have any sense of what a community should/could be like. It's all about a return of capital on an investment and everything GGG does and has done in the past is to slow us down to keep us playing longer. GGG has nerfed entire builds into the ground without batting an eye and they will do it again and again because players still play!!!!

They stole Diablo 2 utterly, I mean what do you expect from these people? Steal a game then expect them to be nice when their dollar is at stake to players having fun but progressing too fast? No, they will do whatever they want.

I have a 3 year old build that I've written a 50,000 word guide for. I am not even allowed to write more. 270,000 views and 90 threads of replies of people who play it and GGG is going to kill it at 3.0. Thousands will lose my build that they invested time and currency in.

All hail Cookie-Cutter-GGG-Approved crap builds that are all the same homogeneous goop that they control.

Word it another way, how many hours of grinding vs hours of reward from that grinding?
Word it again another way, how much frustration and stress vs fun and jovial play?

No play allowed
Play costs money
Work gets money

This^

I've literally spent months getting currency, planning, reading guides and finally building an ES character that is actually fun to play. So have countless thousands of other people - only to be spit on by the next overkill nerf.

GGG is effectively spitting in the faces of all of us, all the time and hours spent to finally achieve a end game viable build, only to be gutted in 3.0

The reward for working in this game is punishment. well, to that I say F*** you GGG. You're seriously blowing it this time. The blow back from this will be truly epic.

You tards have forgot the base players who made you the money in the first place. PC gamers. Remember that fact.

You are heading down the vanilla console S*** path and ruining yet another great game in favor of keeping the console mindless sheep pleased. That's really what this about.
"
Smear wrote:
"
"
Gainworx wrote:

No play allowed
Play costs money
Work gets money

This^

I've literally spent months getting currency, planning, reading guides and finally building an ES character that is actually fun to play. So have countless thousands of other people - only to be spit on by the next overkill nerf.

GGG is effectively spitting in the faces of all of us, all the time and hours spent to finally achieve a end game viable build, only to be gutted in 3.0

The reward for working in this game is punishment. well, to that I say F*** you GGG. You're seriously blowing it this time. The blow back from this will be truly epic.

You tards have forgot the base players who made you the money in the first place. PC gamers. Remember that fact.

You are heading down the vanilla console S*** path and ruining yet another great game in favor of keeping the console mindless sheep pleased. That's really what this about.

THIS ALSO^
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986

50,000 word guide. This 3 year old build was made with sweat and frustration to achieve endgame viability. Only the last 6 months has it truly made it and now it will be snuffed out utterly. I will never play a grind fest game like this ever again. Not so long as my WORK (not play!) is casually ripped from my hands by Devs.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 24, 2017, 2:48:32 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
What a horrible path the game has taken. 15,000 ES for a balanced character post nerf? 25,000 ES pre nerf?

Does anyone from GGG actually play the game at end game? This game has become more and more of a joke past ascendancy.

2.6 made melee trash tier with no compensation
3.0 will make ES trash tier and do nearly nothing to buff life as compensation

THIS ^
Just remove vaal pact or rework it to give up to 100% increased life leech rate over 3-5 points :)
Last edited by Jyssi on May 24, 2017, 7:57:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info