Energy Shield and Life

"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
"
Bla Bla Bla

Just died to Hydra well she was bad ass corrupted!!

I suck now with 9.5 ES & and I ll probably suck in Fall of Oriath ;/

I think what we need is like a Arena but practice for bosses; that would be cool were u don't actually loose exp expensive maybe 10 c to enter separate map like thing that clutters ur stash tabs. What do u think GGG?

Welcome to the real world fellow.
I have just the same issue.
I just went to 16k ES- just for a test.
I am dying about 4 TIMES more than my build with 4.3k HP. Therefore 1 HP = 4 ES ( at least ) in the real world.
But anyway. Let them nerf us even further. The story will repeat itself. Probably it's unavoidable to see another game falling because the management went on rampage for a no reason.

And NO. It's not about the play style. Because ES builds currently provide a very limited playstyles already. Switching them further will turn a PoE into a straight-ahead game, and there will be no point from the whole build system.

;) I donno about 4;1, after having successfully played life I always beloved it to be
1h ; 2es
I want to think GGG cares about feedback, though it seems as though they're jaded and closed off to suggestions when it comes to nerfs.

They keep making the game more difficult, then try to counterbalance this with incremental buffs to certain areas of the game - 1 handed - some of which are beyond redundant already - single target melee.

What I find troubling is the dismissive nature with which they describe the necessity of destroying CI builds. Let me explain and provide examples:
- "We've seen characters reaching over 25,000 Energy Shield"

The above statement is true and nobody's questioning that, though people are questioning why they've chosen the extreme 0.00001% of guardian-only builds, then stated it takes perfect gear and heavy investment to get 9k life.

- "...while still having the damage output to sufficiently complete all of the content in the game"
They want to slow everyone down - AOE nerf, etc - so them saying that a 15 minute shaper fight with an aura bot is "sufficient" seems a little agenda driven.

- "...compared with the 9,000 Life that a very heavily invested Life character with perfect items could reach"

9k is heavily invested, though if you want to compare apples, use another Apple ffs. They're demonstrating their clear bias here by ignoring all of the many builds that have over 10k life while taking the very top-extreme ES builds and using that as their first example.

Here's some examples of builds with over 10k life without perfect gear.

Here's a guy with 14.5k life without perfect gear
-

The most saddening thing of all is Berserker VS any CI melee in 3.0: 100% of damage leeched + base leech and stun immunity. I cannot think of anything more bias than giving one toon 100% instant leech, then denying another instant leech in any form.

@GGG, I sincerely hope you respond to the community as although your game is loved around the world, these changes are actually kind of cruel. Nerf base level ES, discipline, ghost reaver, vaal's pact, uniques, regeneration and you'll see the player base drop off, I assure you. Buffing scion will draw some interest, though it's basically jazz hands covering your butcher's knife.

I'm just one person, though I refuse to play a game with dev's who take pleasure in crushing builds.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
It's going to be intresting to follow the ratio of defensive passives between life and ES with this change.

My guess would be that we prolly see a much closer ratio then we do today, in other words ES builds are going to have to change offensive passives for defensive ones and thus loosing dps....

If that happens one can hope that it opens up the possibility for adjustments of the mob difficulty in the end game. (immunities, reflect, volotiles, one hit mechanics and so on)
I am happy that I've starting awaking the peoples around.
I really love the feedback of the above 4 comments, and
I really wonder how many peoples actually sharing our vision about this rising ginormous issue.

Because we ( THE ES / CI builds ) were really expecting a heavy boast into the DPS and the ES values in order to match at least the half way the stats of the HP builds, and finally we are going actually to be nerfed ?!
Does the "beautiful" mind behind this have ever played the game at all ?!
With the "1h 6L wipe" the PoE turns to a joke now.
There is no sane reason for one to play it any further.
Common guys lets c if we can get to 200 pages of comments only 30 to go :)
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
I really wonder how many peoples actually sharing our vision about this rising ginormous issue.

Because we ( THE ES / CI builds ) were really expecting a heavy boast into the DPS and the ES values in order to match at least the half way the stats of the HP builds, and finally we are going actually to be nerfed ?!

Ah they must do; cos its awesome game but does it matter. They prob with 25k es

What's ur point??
"
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

Ah they must do; cos its awesome game but does it matter. They prob with 25k es

What's ur point??

Nope fellow. You missunderstood. It's a general nerf, not a specific one.
most of the changes are good I guess? TBC, uknown how this all effects existing gear.

Only thing i rly rly rly hate are these hybrid life/defense mods. So you have a problem where people dont value armour and evasion, so rather than improve them or try and change peoples minds you are giving them a way to get even less armour and evasion for more life, and life is always valued by everyone... So essentially you are reducing everyones ar and ev ratings because we will all go for more life, making ar and ev even worse than they already are...

thats just such a terrible way to go with it. If you wanted people to have more life u should have just buffed life nodes or given them more life per level, then actually made some moves to make people value evasion and armour if u felt like people were not hunting 3 prefixes on life gear.
Well in all, i guess GGG saw this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxX-eeLZPqU

"
Gainworx wrote:
Well in all, i guess GGG saw this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxX-eeLZPqU

well.. build price overall : 400+ Exalts. Good luck with this build.

Shall I post the 2000 Exalt build with 15k HP regenerator ?!
He even does not feel the need to move aside. He can be just AFK.

25k ES IS NOTHING COMPARED WITH HIGH REGEN LIFE BUILDS.

anyway i am not pointing HP for nerfing. not at all. Just the oposite - Nerfing shall be never happening.

Here even cheaper, very cheap actually AFK regenerator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLFIeKcB08c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37UyuCvCv3M

I am leaving google to you.
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on May 23, 2017, 9:12:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info