2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

Considering the elaborate explanations GGG is giving here, this is not even a troll manifesto. This garbage will be implemented in the game. How does this impact skills that are actually clearing fast like windripper builds or vaal spark? It won't. Just across the board nerf for melee and a few AoE spells.
"
"
OSsloth wrote:
Reminder that good goys give GGG AT LEAST 10% of their earnings!
If you don't, you have absolutely NO right to complain about the game or its """problems""".
Freeloaders BTFO !

And your supporter packs are where ?

One doesn't need to be brandishing their supporter packs to have supported GGG.
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D    MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O              Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
So no changes to Bladefall?
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
papa bless
Hmm, Cleave and Reave plays pretty similarly now even though visually and mechanically they have different styles. The skill identity seems to have been lost?
It feels like there is so much missing from this post. We need more numbers and examples. As it stands, I feel punished for building any melee already and now this compounds the issue. What happened to the melee splash buff talked about earlier? Reave was completely unnecessarily gutted for no good reason. Going to bed disappointed. I can only hope you guys reconsider some of the base radius for melee skills. There are literally 18 melee build players in the top 500 in hc breach.
"
theminimadman wrote:
"
my wife left me

so did your subscribers

savage hit detected
What about Ice Crash? Any changes to area?
GGG are tackling the major balance problems. This reave gutting was very necesary and long overdue. No one used Bladeflurry last patch because reave was just so much better.
"
Rory wrote:
Extreme min-max AoE builds are nerfed by these changes. Builds that didn't go all-in on AoE are generally helped somewhat.

This is an outright lie and you know it. With the numbers you've cited, there is not one single instance where any amount of increased area will be 'helped' compared to the exact same investment pre-2.6. Even picking up a single minor 'increased area' node will yield less results than one single minor 'increased radius' node does now... so what, even 5% increased radius is considered 'going all-in on AoE'?

I'll agree that going overboard with massive investment in AoE needed to be toned down (even though it'll just be replaced by piercing projectiles that can clear more screens with even less investment), but you're even punishing the people just grabbing one freaking aoe cluster and nothing more, you're punishing ANYONE that cares about applying auras to anyone but themselves, and yes, run the numbers, you're even punishing melee splash despite a promised buff (and that image is a lie too, the current 19% more radius would provide higher coverage than 38% more area)

This is a pure nerf to aoe; it may be a heavier nerf at higher extremes, but it is undeniably a nerf at any investment at all, and to claim otherwise when the most cursory examination of the numbers will prove you wrong is just deluded.

*edit: Ooo, I was wrong, this is exactly one instance where an 'increased area' source's number was buffed up enough to make it actually better: Deadeye's "Endless Munitions" going from 20% increased radius to 50% increased area is actually a slight buff provided you have no other increased aoe.

So there you go, the patch that will make bow/projectile builds king again has actually provided one potential instance where you could actually get higher increased AoE than before, it's found in... the bow/projectile ascendancy.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 27, 2017, 12:49:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info