2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

So as I understand it correctly, this is a nerf for heavy invested AOE builds and because some smaller area skills will get more radius as they level up it is somewhat a buff for them.

Result: all the already large area skills like Fire Nova Mine, Ice Nova, Shock Nova..... just got nerf so no1 will use them anymore, oh wait they've been shit tier skills even before this nerf so it doesn't matter right?
No change beacon of ruin's base AOE?
this seems nerf.
I can't see any good about these changes. No melee buff, just nerfs. Oh and melee splash will be worse? Wow. I thaught you would buff it. Funny.

I read the old manifesto and thaught "it won't be that badass at all - you never took all AOE possible in". Now a Level 20 (uhhh!!!) AOE gem and a cluster is defined as 'going all in'. Hell.
"
sinmoon wrote:

Result: all the already large area skills like Fire Nova Mine, Ice Nova, Shock Nova..... just got nerf so no1 will use them anymore, oh wait they've been shit tier skills even before this nerf so it doesn't matter right?

I don't know about the other two, but fire nova mine was used by steelmage in his build that attained the first lvl100 in essence hardcore. FNM isn't that bad.
Last edited by pathofnogf on Feb 27, 2017, 12:42:14 AM
"
sinmoon wrote:
So as I understand it correctly, this is a nerf for heavy invested AOE builds and because some smaller area skills will get more radius as they level up it is somewhat a buff for them.

you dont understand it correctly

this change is mainly a nerf to the increased aoe gem, as well as increased area nodes in the tree.

they're attempting to push away from inc aoe gem being mandatory in aoe skills by implementing diminishing returns on increased aoe sources.

which imo is a good thing. I was just ranting the other day about how inc aoe/conc swaps are dumb, and my first point was that if you're using an aoe skill you pretty much HAVE to use incr aoe. which in turn means swapping in conc for bosses for ST

with that said, if conc isnt changed accordingly now to reflect these changes, it will become the go-to gem for aoe skills now (if it isnt already)
I usually agree and understand the changes they try to make and why they make them. In this case I understand the point of changing AOE with diminishing returns like evasion or armour for exemple. And yes maybe Reave's AOE with 12 stacks was too big for a melee skill sure, but.... why ?

Why did you have to nerf Reave that much ?
Everyone is playing Blade Flurry let's nerf Reave...oh and EQ (again). Sorry I don't understand this part.

When you see the difference of AOE between a Reave 4 and 8 stacks after changes you can guess the aoe with 12 stacks , it will be much smaller that an actual 8 stacks making Vaal Reave even more useless than Reave, unless they buff it somehow. It's a Vaal skill it's supposed to be powerful with the souls restrictions.

I think a 12 stacks after changes should be around the size of an actual 8 stacks at least.
Otherwise my reaver is just going to jump from the highest mountain in Wraeclast while crying and hoping for a quick death:(

And I really really don't think AOE is the biggest problem in the game at the moment you don't need AOE to clear the screen quickly. If you keep thoses changings who is gonna play melee ? I know I won't and I usually play melee a lot:( Ok I just talked about Reave but I think it's the biggest and stupidiest nerf on this manifesto and we can clearly see how bad this is on the picture.

I really love your game GGG I know you just want to make the game better and it's not all bad in this manifesto. But I have a hard time to understand those silly nerfs on already unused skills,it make no sense I thought the point was to change AOE mechanics...

Yes Path Of Projectiles is coming and a lot of players might be leaving...:(
No buff for Molten Shell AoE?

Damn, my shitty casual build will still be shitty casual...
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"
Oxygene_PoE wrote:
. Now a Level 20 (uhhh!!!) AOE gem and a cluster is defined as 'going all in'. Hell.
fully leveled aoe gem + 1-2 aoe clusters + carcass is very much 'going all in' into aoe in poe.

so now all those sources were nerfed. aoe on items took the biggest hit, and you dont feel pressed into picking up aoe nodes if you're in southeastish side of the tree. and maybe even having some semblance of choice of taking another gem (I know, shocking) INSTEAD of the usual AOE gem for pretty much anything that works with AOE gem
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
So the AOE from this flask is nerfed by roughly 2.5 times? i.e. the 30% increased AOE it gives is going to be comparable to taking about 12% currently once the nerf hits?

yeah this flask goes from being pretty much amazing for anything that has aoe or projectiles to great for something that has both (fireball, molten strike) and kind of a choice if only applying to one.
"
grepman wrote:
yeah this flask goes from being pretty much amazing for anything that has aoe or projectiles to great for something that has both (fireball, molten strike) and kind of a choice if only applying to one.

Can expect more Ngamahu's Cyclone Flame builds to rise again. :P
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info