2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

"
my wife left me

so did your subscribers
"
grepman wrote:
oh noes you wont be able to literally offscreen shit with a [melee!] skill.

oh no, everyone riot. worst game ever 0/10 uninstall [/sarcasm]
Last edited by Seanana on Feb 26, 2017, 11:23:27 PM
I'ma little concerned about playing SRS/flame golems/zombies

will my flammability blasphemy even reach to the targets that my minions can cast on/run to? prolly not..

Will anger aura even reach to the spirits? prolly not

so much wasted :(

How much lag will this create when spirits are running in and out of anger?

Run out of the aura, lose fire damage, 10% damage, 20 resist, 5 attack/cast speed.. oh wait it ran back in.. recalculating....
"
Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom.

― Arthur Schopenhauer

RIP Pendulum of Destruction (4 March 2016 -- 3 March 2017)
Good thing I already rolled an EQ slayer this league. Sigh..virgin bow builds INC
"
gvieira wrote:
You completelly forgot fire nova mine :(

yes what about fire nova mine?
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Thanks for the information GGG. However I would really like a bit more information on a few thing :)

A) Concentrated effect. Is the less modifier of this gem being modified?
B) Is increased to area from quality on gems (for instance Rain of Arrows) being changed :)?
C) Are there any changes to Ascendancy class nodes (Slayer's Headsman isn't mentioned - Deadeye got it's numbers changed. Is Headsman not changed in a similar way?)
D) Helmet enchants. Have you looked into those that alter the area of a skill? For instance 12% to Rain of Arrows now seems kind of low for an Uber Lab enchant.

Would be great if you could give a bit more information in this thread, reddit or somewhere else :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 26, 2017, 11:38:47 PM
How do these changes effect the range of guardian skills: Unwavering Faith, Radiant Faith, Harmony of Purpose, Bastion of Hope?
What is the current range on these skill and what will the new range be?
"
Winkers91 wrote:
I play melee.

I play life.

I feel like you just told me that you're not happy about that, and that I shouldn't be able to do that anymore.

This change 100% cannot be about clear speed, so don't try and justify it with that. There are lots of builds out there with fantastic clear speed that are 100% unaffected by AoE changes, and I feel like I need to be looking at that now.

Nerfing every other skill to be as bad as melee splash does not buff melee splash. It just makes every other skill as unusable as melee splash. I know this because I've tried making melee characters with melee splash, and it always seems to fall flat on the damage front (Kitava's Thirst), or ends up extremely frustrating to play (Not Kitava's Thirst, also requires a 6-link to feel good).

You better get off your asses and assure everyone else that other skills are receiving the same treatment as AoE skills are, or the next league is going to flooded with sparkers clogging up your servers!

And don't say this was done for console. If this was done for console, holy shit, you're going to lose half your player base over night. Reduce the effect of the animation if the X-Box can't handle it, don't piss off the whole player base.

Geeze, I can't even peg *why* this change came about. That's the most frustrating part, but I know enough to say it isn't coming from anywhere good, and I can say that because murdered Reave and EQ for no good reason.

im rate there with ya man i thought they were making melee better and life and Armour they just Nerfd any good melee build so damn sad i love this game i donate a lot of money and it seems like they never think about anyhting
Mental masturbation at it's finest folks

So melee splash isn't better, melee skills aren't better and, from the looks of it, aoe clusters in the tree are just as worthwhile to grab as before. Nobody is going to replace the aoe gem with a dmg gem unless you nerf it beyond belief, which isn't the case.

In short... barely anything has changed, whatever changed is bad, and I really fail to see what the hell the issue was that made you guys go "oh snap we need to rework AoE". AoE will always be king in PoE unless you totally transform the game, so while we'll have less AoE we're still going to play the same builds...

What was the point of all this? It's unbelievable how much you throw resources down the toilet instead of working on stuff that actually matters (like performance improvements, melee targeting, melee skills/splash, making good content unlike breach/prophecy, etc.).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info