2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

What about Heralds?
I play melee.

I play life.

I feel like you just told me that you're not happy about that, and that I shouldn't be able to do that anymore.

This change 100% cannot be about clear speed, so don't try and justify it with that. There are lots of builds out there with fantastic clear speed that are 100% unaffected by AoE changes, and I feel like I need to be looking at that now.

Nerfing every other skill to be as bad as melee splash does not buff melee splash. It just makes every other skill as unusable as melee splash. I know this because I've tried making melee characters with melee splash, and it always seems to fall flat on the damage front (Kitava's Thirst), or ends up extremely frustrating to play (Not Kitava's Thirst, also requires a 6-link to feel good).

You better get off your asses and assure everyone else that other skills are receiving the same treatment as AoE skills are, or the next league is going to flooded with sparkers clogging up your servers!

And don't say this was done for console. If this was done for console, holy shit, you're going to lose half your player base over night. Reduce the effect of the animation if the X-Box can't handle it, don't piss off the whole player base.

Geeze, I can't even peg *why* this change came about. That's the most frustrating part, but I know enough to say it isn't coming from anywhere good, and I can say that because murdered Reave and EQ for no good reason.
What about Vortex? You have to grab both wheels, have a high level inc AoE gem, 20q on vortex and then AoE on gear to get a good AoE on the spell. With nerfs to stacking that high, and a nerf on the inc AoE gem itself, the AoE on Vortex is going to be so terrible the spell isn't going to be worth building around anymore. On top of this huge AoE nerf, it's also suffering the Pyre nerf forcing the gem to drop something for Cold to Fire to get full conversion which is a huge hit on damage. The spell is completely useless outside of a CwDT setup after these changes.
i think this is because of melee being inherently tankier than ranged? granted, how does that justify nerfing clear speed, when killing whites is like 98% of the game?
RIP Melee.
I thought y'all were trying to make melee better...
https://redd.it/p0hyul
RIP EVERY SINGLE AOE BUILD.......... OH JOY I NEED TO GET CLOSER TO THE TARGET SO I CAN GET ONE SHOT BY MORE OF YOUR AFTER DEATH MECHANICS.......PATH OF PROJECTILES 2.6.......
"
Rory wrote:
Abyssal Cry builds can get STUFFED. GTFO Abyssal cry users!

k... :(
i have no issue with normalizing broken skills. but if you are going to change all the good ranged melee skills so they cant kill stuff from a distance how are you going to convince people to play them. are you going to change spells so they have less chance to hit now? make energy shield have no res? if you guys are so concerned with melee gems off screening thing then just make the have damage drop off the farther from the center.

i have no issue with the function you guys are trying to change but you will need to rethink the radius of a lot of skills so they can at least get average clear speed. i know there will be tweaks through out the league but if you dont clear some of this before the start there will be several build that you wanted to have people start trying that will just die because in your effort to nerf the broken build you ruined ANY chance for the underused gems to shine.
eq, bf and reave nerf was exactly what melee needed was way too strong gj on balancing the game really gj... R.I.P melee 2012-2017.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info