[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

Hey All,
I also picked this one as my starter (though i skilled a littl differently).
I had a hard time at the end of the story but now it's going very well (stuck at T3-T5 maps, no drops - even alced! - its crazy this league!!)

Mechanicaly spark has a lot of issues ( bad Single/close area target, weird hitboxes, environment can play against you, can't cast while close to suroundings...).
Also I feel very clunky with the playstyle, using shield charge - short pause - casting spark (too often / or not enough to kill the pack)...

But so far it works and my gear is very cheap. I have crit. chance and crit. multi like crazy already!! (48%/436% - without charges, CG-bonus, ascendancy bonuses...). So i think (clear)damage will be fine even in high Tier maps.
Single target is, well...in an open map it sucks. I am using an 4L Lightning spire trap as support. This helps a lot. sadly its not working that well with agile/moving bosses. Is there any other option for us?

my gear so far (mostly selffound, maybe 10c used to buy/link stuff)
Spoiler

I hope the "playstile" feeling will improve later (maybe with more cast speed? or the 6L). Otherwise i will switch to another skill like the new holy-ones.

Have a few questions now that I'm into maps with this build. First off, it's quite strong, but I think there may be some things missing. Energy leech is obviously pretty new and seemingly quite strong, could we potentially go eldritch battery (which is only 3 passive points away)? I'm seeing a lot of these in the top spark builds, some of them even use the ES leech in a 3 link.

What do you think about unleash support? I'm also seeing a lot of people running this instead of spell echo support, it more or less does the same thing but doesn't lock you in place, not sure how the damage works out.

What do you think about essence worm with clear mind jewel? This frees up a lot of additional mana to be more tanky and adds a decent chunk of damage from clear mind, obviously wouldn't do this if you go with the elder/shaper ring combo and you couldn't use heralds with this set up, but wrath alone may be worth the benefit.

One last thing, do you think it would be reasonable to drop the first ascendancy and go into sanctify/pious path instead. You can pretty much always been on conc ground at this point and it would pretty much guarantee eldritch battery uptime on energy shield if we went that route. Also, shield charge is quite awful for a lot of maps and especially seeing some of the synthesis stuff I am just shield charging into a wall and getting sucked out of the memories. I think flame dash would be better overall this league.

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, is there a reason we don't spec the one point into holy dominion on the left side of the tree? Thats 12% all res and 12% extra elemental damage for one point. I suppose its unecessary if your resistances are capped, but it would free up a lot of stats on rings and amulets.
Last edited by H2instinct on Mar 10, 2019, 12:48:02 PM
I honestly don't know what to do. My friends talked me into joining right before the last league ended and so I basically was playing standard. I encountered a few people that helped me a little (I choose a class that isn't getting fixed until next update) but suggested I find build videos. I wrongly choose to jump into the game at and figure it out and during the week I learned that.

That said I did watch a bunch of videos and suggestions for new player friendly builds and this was actually on more then one. So despite the new player targeted sections mostly being really old I tried it out. I saw some of your notes about how you went molten stike until you switched to spark later on (I either missed the 3.6 build or it was after I had started but I was using your level breakouts and still am since I saw that a few hours ago and no I'm at a loss.

I don't die (I come close, real close) but I'm stuck on molten strike there are just some jewels (about to finish act 3, since I didn't want to rush the content but experience it.) I have a bunch and I think I know why I haven't seen any items I can use is because I'm still on act 3 so a 4 link dropping is rare/impossible. but I'm level 37, now actually afraid of the what will happen in my ascendancy trial since things aren't dying quickly at all. (I've even picked up the harold of ash temporally as well as that holy relic minion paired with the game that makes it make ghosts for more dps.)

As a new player I just don't understand how to transition this. I will/have to keep pushing, again I know I'm on act 3.

Honestly I don't know why I'm posting this(none of this is your fault.) short of the fact that at this point I feel totally lost since at some point I have to fix my tree and transition and don't have a clue how to start either. I knew following someone elses guide, especially where the step breakdown was from long enough patches ago was going to be difficult, I just underestimated how difficult.
Hi, i'm 76 on normal league, I have a insane clear speed (doing t6 maps) but i have a lot of problems facing boss because i dont have enought damage, any help?
Feel like I'm missing something important without realising it.. or is this build not made for end game? Thought with the spark buff this would be nuts?
bash any thoughts on pious + zealotry? every top ladder sparker is doing that
"
xt_unknown wrote:
Can I use flame dash instead of shield charge? I prefer flame dash for this leagues mechanic

simply use both and that's good
single flame dash sucks anyway even with leagues mechanic
Hey,
Im not quite sure but is it intentional that in the budget setup you use
Shield Charge in your weapon aswell as in the Shield.
Im just curious . :)
And thanks for this great build , I love playing with it so far .
"
aansari wrote:
Sorry im fairly new to the game,
you said in the levelling section to link Pierce (lvl 1),

Where am I suppose to get Pierce Support early on as a Templar?

Either you make a twink char to get it or buy it from another player.

"
H2instinct wrote:
Have a few questions now that I'm into maps with this build. First off, it's quite strong, but I think there may be some things missing. Energy leech is obviously pretty new and seemingly quite strong, could we potentially go eldritch battery (which is only 3 passive points away)? I'm seeing a lot of these in the top spark builds, some of them even use the ES leech in a 3 link.

What do you think about unleash support? I'm also seeing a lot of people running this instead of spell echo support, it more or less does the same thing but doesn't lock you in place, not sure how the damage works out.

What do you think about essence worm with clear mind jewel? This frees up a lot of additional mana to be more tanky and adds a decent chunk of damage from clear mind, obviously wouldn't do this if you go with the elder/shaper ring combo and you couldn't use heralds with this set up, but wrath alone may be worth the benefit.

One last thing, do you think it would be reasonable to drop the first ascendancy and go into sanctify/pious path instead. You can pretty much always been on conc ground at this point and it would pretty much guarantee eldritch battery uptime on energy shield if we went that route. Also, shield charge is quite awful for a lot of maps and especially seeing some of the synthesis stuff I am just shield charging into a wall and getting sucked out of the memories. I think flame dash would be better overall this league.

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, is there a reason we don't spec the one point into holy dominion on the left side of the tree? Thats 12% all res and 12% extra elemental damage for one point. I suppose its unecessary if your resistances are capped, but it would free up a lot of stats on rings and amulets.

Unleash seems to be interesting ... just try it out. I don't play a sparker this season so I can't.
sanctify/pious path first - yeah maybe.

"
Ownlirh wrote:
Hi, i'm 76 on normal league, I have a insane clear speed (doing t6 maps) but i have a lot of problems facing boss because i dont have enought damage, any help?

You can try to make a 4-5 linked singled target setup with a vaal skill like blade vortex / Storm call. I would just farm as fast and much as possible and get better gear, higher level etc. This build scales very well with higher level and better gear.

"
Feel like I'm missing something important without realising it.. or is this build not made for end game? Thought with the spark buff this would be nuts?

The crit thing takes some time to scale.

"
idrgz wrote:
bash any thoughts on pious + zealotry? every top ladder sparker is doing that

According to PoB wrath does more damage to zealotry. Pious seems to be a good option!
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
ascendancy node sanctify is changed to Sanctuary do we still take it ? augury of penitence seems better

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info