[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

in this patch, i learned spark is bugged useless skill. so frastrated with playing with this. restarting this game with other skill or skip this league. bye
"
turbofog wrote:
Currently trying to level this build using vaal spark and I find it impossible to deal damage properly. Single target is utter garbage and clearspeed is dependent on whether or not the spark AI wishes to hit mobs. Any tips?

Sort of confused because you seem to have 2 different spark characters? Either way in your 4-link you should absolutely be dropping added lightning for spell echo. Cast speed is the majority of the reason this skill does any damage at all. Similarly try running herald of ice for better clear as it can freeze and shatter enemies while also adding some aoe to your hits. Wrath is also important for the bonus damage. Another thing to notice is that they did some wierd shit with controlled destruction this patch because you can actually have 0% crit chance now, so because you are low level with no crit chance your elemental overload is actual doing nothing because you probably are never critting.

Overall just deal until you are a higher level with some ascendancy which is really big for this build. For single target sometimes you are just screwed and it will be a slog of a fight (uber lab for instance because of the massive map and open layout in the bossfight) but for most maps the boss is in a room with an appropriate size to fill completely with sparks and do very respectable single target damage. Also remember once you clear the maps once you don't really need to do them again and you can focus on maps you find that have bosses that die easier to spark i.e. Underground Sea.
"
petsh0p wrote:
in this patch, i learned spark is bugged useless skill. so frastrated with playing with this. restarting this game with other skill or skip this league. bye

I have had a very different experience, what went wrong for you?
"
Raiito wrote:
"
turbofog wrote:
Currently trying to level this build using vaal spark and I find it impossible to deal damage properly. Single target is utter garbage and clearspeed is dependent on whether or not the spark AI wishes to hit mobs. Any tips?

Sort of confused because you seem to have 2 different spark characters? Either way in your 4-link you should absolutely be dropping added lightning for spell echo. Cast speed is the majority of the reason this skill does any damage at all. Similarly try running herald of ice for better clear as it can freeze and shatter enemies while also adding some aoe to your hits. Wrath is also important for the bonus damage. Another thing to notice is that they did some wierd shit with controlled destruction this patch because you can actually have 0% crit chance now, so because you are low level with no crit chance your elemental overload is actual doing nothing because you probably are never critting.

Overall just deal until you are a higher level with some ascendancy which is really big for this build. For single target sometimes you are just screwed and it will be a slog of a fight (uber lab for instance because of the massive map and open layout in the bossfight) but for most maps the boss is in a room with an appropriate size to fill completely with sparks and do very respectable single target damage. Also remember once you clear the maps once you don't really need to do them again and you can focus on maps you find that have bosses that die easier to spark i.e. Underground Sea.

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I have a second character because I decided to re-roll but wanted to keep the ability to buy gems from Act 6. I'll give those changes a shot.
Can we expect any updates on the build soon?
"
Raiito wrote:
"
zemog92 wrote:
Okay, also in the leveling template what gems should be linked to spark if i have a 4 link?

Spark - Pierce support - Spell Echo - and either controlled destruction or elemental focus based on whether you want more crits or more shock/freeze. I prefer controlled destruction because i freeze the entire screen with call of the brotherhood ring/ herald of ice.

Okay, Thanks!
"
turbofog wrote:

I've had a similar issue with single target.

Not much explanation is given for it in the OP, but I found using the Orb of Storms setup solved some of my issues.

Placing the ground effect so that the boss is at one edge, the character is standing at the other, and then spamming spark so I got the spark + orb + casting-lightning-while-in-orb damage all at once. Down side is much the same as just using Blade Vortex - you're stuck in close to melee.

I also put more emphasis on picking up damage nodes asap. YMMV.
"
Raiito wrote:
"
turbofog wrote:

Eh this is not fine for me i mean i want solid biuld starter i want to clear all content without problem whean i saw in pob 1m dps i think its fine this will do it and i never played this one , now i see is 1m dps if AI want to hit the target this second and he may not hit it 5 secs !
I actually struggle real on 3th lab boss destroy me total i cant imagane to kill shaper or ubler elder with this skill even if its say 1m dps.....
"
We create a shield of freezing sparks around us which is healing us with every hit. We freeze nearly everything before it even hit us...

What am i missing? On the 10c budget build there is the hat to freeze, but you don't use it in the example gear section nor the pob link. Pob says you have a quite low cold damage on the spark how could that low dmg freeze?

About chernobog: Why is that good for us?
+high armor
+fire dmg
+convert (which is for bv i guess that we don't use in 3.6 as you said)
+life

-cold/lightning dmg
-crit
-spell dmg%

Thanks for the answer!
"
Matekeszi wrote:
"
We create a shield of freezing sparks around us which is healing us with every hit. We freeze nearly everything before it even hit us...

What am i missing? On the 10c budget build there is the hat to freeze, but you don't use it in the example gear section nor the pob link. Pob says you have a quite low cold damage on the spark how could that low dmg freeze?

About chernobog: Why is that good for us?
+high armor
+fire dmg
+convert (which is for bv i guess that we don't use in 3.6 as you said)
+life

-cold/lightning dmg
-crit
-spell dmg%

Thanks for the answer!

You csn use a call of the brotherhood ring. The real power of chernobog’s with spark is the enfeeble on hit which is really strong for the survivability because you normally should always hit you enemies first.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info