Lightning Strike

I have an issue with the lag it will cause if you use too many lightning strikes on wide open areas.

I was experimenting with different skill combo's last night and realized how powerful lightning strike is to my build...there's just one major issue.

My level 82 raider, regularly does 12+ attacks per second whatever skill i use due to dual wielding dreamfeathers, 8 frenzy charges, and blood rage. because of this, if i hold the skill button down too long no matter if there are monsters or not I get serious FPS issues. I actually got disconnected in a group once because of this.

I don't want to tone down my attack speed for any reason as having lots of attack speed is intended.

There needs to be a way for lightning strike to become bearable to use during extended periods of time, Either by reducing the amount of particles made, or some sort of rework in the skills visual effects.

Picture below pretty much accurately describes the issue.
Last edited by XPhantasmaX on Jul 2, 2016, 1:56:20 PM
I am not sure whether this question has been asked before.
If I get "increased melee critical strike chance", I will increase my initial melee crit chance. Does it mean it will increase the projectile crit chance because lightning strike is an attack? Does "Disemboweling" increase the projectile crit chance if that is the case?
"
Kennethle wrote:
I am not sure whether this question has been asked before.
If I get "increased melee critical strike chance", I will increase my initial melee crit chance. Does it mean it will increase the projectile crit chance because lightning strike is an attack? Does "Disemboweling" increase the projectile crit chance if that is the case?

The lightning strike projectiles count as an attack, which uses a melee weapon. But they don't count as 'melee'. So they won't get the increased critical strike chance from disembowling. They also won't benefit from "melee physical damage" or "melee damage" nodes.

If you were using a mace, though (for eg), then they would benefit from 'increased critical strike chance with maces' or 'increased physical damage with maces' that Galvanic Hammer gives, for eg.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I'm started using this skill recently, so i will put some feedback only on mechanical side.

Using projectile attacks instead of melee hitting it is tedious to always hold shift, it also suppresses control over other skills and flasks due hand displacement to hold shift (we could swap key binding to reduce issue by a little but it will still remain quite significant).
Let us choose how it attacks between melee and ranged by clicking left mouse button on skill icon in skill bar.

Also make us allow to chose what dps is displayed (proj or melee) by the same left mouse button click on skill icon in skill bar.

Using this skill I have also noticed that there are some dead zones- mobs does not take any damage even when projectile attacks passes through them, it's annoying.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Aug 23, 2016, 10:14:12 AM
I can't comprehend how GGG have not yet implemented a way to make shift always held down for some skills. It boggles my mind. Unless they have just never played with a skill that needs shift held down, and so don't believe any of the feedback about it.

"
Andrius319 wrote:
Using this skill I have also noticed that there are some dead zones- mobs does not take any damage even when projectile attacks passes through them, it's annoying.

This might be what is known as 'evading'. ie: you failed your accuracy vs evasion check on that enemy.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 25, 2016, 5:36:50 PM
It has been ages since many other skills like glacial gascade got this fix. Can we get LS bypass obstacles? It is super annoying when a tiny box can just block your projectiles.
I can deal with lightning strike being blocked by obstacles; all of those free projectiles and huge range have to come at a price, otherwise it'll just be a better ele-converted reave or lacerate. But at least let the projectiles hit 'floating' enemies like SRS or animated weapons.
Quod efficax non stultum
I've played this skill for a while last league and it was really fun. However, there was one big disadvantage for me. I had to hold "Shift" key most of the time, as almost all of my dmg was from proj. There is no problem if u play it for 15min but after a few hours its a real pain.
Could u please make this skill to attack in place like all ranged skill?
Or at least enable binding Shift+key as a single key?
I've even tried writing an AHK script to do this binding but it didn't work :(
"
XPhantasmaX wrote:
I have an issue with the lag it will cause if you use too many lightning strikes on wide open areas.

I also have this problem. Using amd r9 200. I normally get 200 fps ~50% gpu usage and ~40% cpu usage. I use lightning strike (10 total projectiles) and my fps drops down to 12 fps & my gpu usage dips to 20% and sometimes reaches 0%. Once I stop attacking it pops back up to 200. With other skills like molten strike / sunder in combat with a bunch of enemies im usually at 80-100 fps at 50% gpu usage. Something seems to be bottle necking? My CPU usage doesn't increase at all so I don't think its that...
playing this in the 2 week mayhem race and would really love it except for the insane lag it causes in wide open spaces.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info