Lightning Strike

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
Also, with the addition of so many other skills that have inherent AOE density, I'm not sure why the pierce chance per quality was removed. I feel that it was in a good place. Not too strong, but it was enough to notice.

This one's pretty simple: Pierce doesn't come in percent-values anymore, and +2 Pierces would already be half a Support's worth (and Quality would be super jumpy, only having any effect at 10 and 20%).

How about "Projectiles have a X% chance to pierce an additional target"?

Maybe 2% chance per quality.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Hi,

right now the best melee skills are blade flurry and reave, mostly cause of the usage of shaper stat-sticks. I think we would see quite a bit of diversity if u'd make lightning strike (and similar skills) weapon specific so u wouldn't be forced into using Lycosidae, but dual wield with a stat-stick.

Peace
Getting blocked by terrain is what really puts this skill down. Otherwise it would be a top Tier skill. I have a lot of fun playing it in Flashback and only get annoyed when I hit the attack key and nothing happens because I happen to stand before a little rock that blocks my projectiles, or enemies that don't die in the projectile blast because they have the high
ground...
"
Vipermagi wrote:
This one's pretty simple: Pierce doesn't come in percent-values anymore, and +2 Pierces would already be half a Support's worth (and Quality would be super jumpy, only having any effect at 10 and 20%).

The hilarious thing is that in spite of this being mentioned to them in the beta forums, for the first couple months of 3.0.0 being live, Lightning Strike still had the "chance to pierce," and it did in fact function. (it was irrelevant as long as the projectile had guaranteed pierces remaining, thereafter it'd apply)

Still, the simple solution to keep it consistent appeared to allude them. Quality could've added "Projectiles pierce ALL targets within X radius." Since THIS sort of mechanic already exists, (e.g, Deadeye's "Powerful Precision" ascendant passive) that'd be consistent.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
i dont like playing the meta-skills because the remaining skills are so weak. I think ggg will bring the niche-skills in line with the meta too, but why they dont change simple things on the skills?
For example problems and reasons to not play lightning strike are:

1. you NEED 2-3x pierce -> 1 spot on the skill-tree or deadeye -> bad
2. projectiles being blocked by almost any things in the map, like a peace of wood or a brink or whatever -> almost unplayable in some maps

I really hope for an upgrade for LS in Delve league.
Been using this skill a bit lately and to bring it up to other skill quality i think it could use the following changes.

1. nerf the projectile damage slightly (keep reading)
2. projectiles auto pierce for their entire distance.
3. Projectiles have the 'spark effect' where if they hit a boundary before their expiration, they bounce off at a similar angle.

this wouldn't fix being blocked by say, a rock directly in front of you so you cant damage the mobs infront of you, but it would make it so your projectiles cant be 'killed' by terrain. it also wouldn't impede on groundslam/sunders 'level jumping' where they can go to higher or lower ground.
Lightning Strike's projectiles shouldn't be grounded if you ask me. And the melee part of the skill is as generic as heavy strike. I say make the projectiles fall from the sky continuously until it reaches its maximum distance.
Hello together,
I wondering that LS still not becomes an update. I tried the skill the second time in metamorph but its still unplayable. The projectiles being blocked from anything, so indoor-maps with some fire places, wood pieces, stairs or whatever are completely unplayable. So GGG pls delete this skill or make it at least playable.

I really hope for an update. Have some nice free days and a happy new year! :)
I'm reviewing a lot of my standard characters, and this one, I always fear coming back to...
Lightning strike with claw, going crit and full lightning conversion, trying to get dps for single target with deadeye ascendancy.

I can't figure how, but building on added lightning is far more powerfull, maybe claw are just that bad? Having high crit and high attack speed...

I tried it on a map to see how bad it could be... Moon Temple. Yeah, it's horrible! being stuck on tiny little bridge where you can only hit two mobs, it's just... like playing heavy strike or any single target skill. Far shot was completely useless, there is now way I could have it something from far away.

It's just a lighting base heavy strike, that's it. You can't reliably expect to cover another role than that. Just play with smite. Even Tectonic slam is covering elevation and gap.

So, if we're taking into account that ground projectile electric current is the theme of the skill, indoor map with tiny room, narrow bridges, elevation and small gap are a problem.
I'll suggest that the projectile should works a lot more like Soulrend, with auto targeting. Instead of having it rebound against wall like Spark, it should be more electric current-like to have them follow them (without touching it, they just change direction, trying to get farthest from the starting point, to run alongside the border, until there is no more border or a nearby valid target they could bend towards). To cover gap and elevation, there could be an electrical arc that allow the projectile to jump short distance, overriding the previous behaviour.
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/
Can we get a mtx for this please

One thats not so blinding

:p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info