Lightning Strike

With all this said, i am still confused with the scaling

Does this means if i deal 10k melee

My projectile is going to deal 7.5k dmg

Or is it that it is going to recalculate the damage of the projectiles by only taking projectile related affix into account
Projectile Damage is an entirely separate, unrelated calculation.
"
Only issue is projectile getting stuck on obstacles, please make it so the lightning goes over it or around.

"
but the projectiles getting stuck on all the floor objects really hurts this skill and it really needs a pass over like glacial cascade got in regards to floor objects,

Up.

Currently leveling a LS build. While i like it maps like slums, lunaris lvl2, docks, ect... are a pain in the arse. As quotes said , do something about proj and floor objects. Turning it into a flying projectile would solve the problem i guess(or maybe not when i look at Arctic Breath). Find a way please.
Last edited by Yesu on Apr 15, 2016, 10:53:32 AM
Sorry guys need some help with how this gem works.

Am I right to say that the projectile part of LS should be counted as a separate attack without the MELEE keyword? So my jewels that have "+crit multi with melee attacks" are not boosting my dmg?
Also, when does the conversion occur? If I equip a physical proj atk dmg gem, does it scale ONLY the 50% physical portion of the projectile or does it boost the projectile damage, of which 50% of this boosted physical damage is then converted to lightning?
Is this the same as flat +dmg to attacks? For example Herald of ice and lightning give bonus dmg on attacks. Is this damage added after conversion or is it also converted?
And tooltip doesn't showdown properly, but what about the description of the attack's stats when u press C? Accuracy should be the same right?
"
Yesu wrote:
"
Only issue is projectile getting stuck on obstacles, please make it so the lightning goes over it or around.

"
but the projectiles getting stuck on all the floor objects really hurts this skill and it really needs a pass over like glacial cascade got in regards to floor objects,

Up.

Currently leveling a LS build. While i like it maps like slums, lunaris lvl2, docks, ect... are a pain in the arse. As quotes said , do something about proj and floor objects. Turning it into a flying projectile would solve the problem i guess(or maybe not when i look at Arctic Breath). Find a way please.

Yeah, this skill would feel so much better if the projectiles could pass over objects. It's really aggravating and painful not being to hit half a pack because a pebble is in front of you. Otherwise, the damage feels great and the skill appearance is very satisfying.
Since 2.3 patch the skill with 10+ aps doesn't cause 'unexpected disconnection' anymore.
Still, it reduce fps from 150 to straight 10. (it was 150 -> 0.3 before, so its 3333% improvement)
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
This is my favorite skill since beta times. I feel like there is only 2 problems with this skill.

First, FPS drops alot when you have high attack speed. Second is attacking without pressing shift (Attack in place) is too dangerous and annoying in endgame.

My suggestion would be to make this skill attack in place as default (So you won't have to hold shift everytime). Or make it act similar to frost blades. Because this skill is mainly used for projectiles so it should act like a semi-ranged skill imo. And it is way too annoying moving everytime if you don't press shift.

I think this change will make this gem more popular and make LS users more happier including me.
Is it true that if you have.. for example 300% increased damage for your lightning strike (lets say physical bonus) and than 100% projectile dmg bonus, that calculation for projectile damage remembers that dmg was already increased for 300%, so that projectile damage wont by increased by 100% but for much less?
Assuming this is all Increased Damage, your base Damage will be increased by 300+100 = 400%.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 11, 2016, 9:56:35 AM
I wish lightning skills had way more variance. For example, spark is good. It's path of travel is random. Lightning strike for example is bad, it's the same thing every time. There needs to be more zig-zagging with the actual lightning to make it feel chaotic like lightning is by nature.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info