Lightning Strike

Why was the Pierce quality bonus nerfed?
Here we have a very high STR requirement gem and in order to get good pierce chance now we need to use DEX gems or travel to the DEX side of the passive tree.
Shouldn't there be stronger synergies available from STR sources?
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Aug 19, 2015, 7:05:01 PM
"

Why was the Pierce quality bonus nerfed?
Here we have a very high STR requirement gem and in order to get good pierce chance now we need to use DEX gems or travel to the DEX side of the passive tree.
Shouldn't there be stronger synergies available from STR sources?

i'm confused, what's so hard about having just 55 ish dex? you miss slightly less with that bonus and both projectile weakness AND pierce support gem gives 50% on lv 1... level one. (52 and 58 dex respectively). either would put chance to 90% or if projectile weakness was also quality, then its 100%.

55 (ish) isn't much dex to ask for. you start with 16 then a dex amulet is 20 to 30 (bringing to 36 through 46) so that leaves just one of the stat mixed acc boosting nodes at start of templar or marader parts of trees (a +20 thus 56 to 66). or you can substitute the ammy for two +10 dex nodes. if i was a marader, i'd be going down to duelist anyways for extra damage and defense node groups. if i was templar, i'd just grab one or both of the +30 dex groups as i'm going off grabbing more important nodes elsewhere on the way.
The new additional projectiles are amazing really enjoying that change but the projectiles getting stuck on all the floor objects really hurts this skill and it really needs a pass over like glacial cascade got in regards to floor objects, Also ever since i started using belly of the beast i have been getting terrible fps issues due to the extra gore effect.
Thanks for finally buffing this skill, feels amazing right now. Only issue is projectile getting stuck on obstacles, please make it so the lightning goes over it or around.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I also agree that projectiles should pass through obstacles.. Even getting cought in the Talisman stones hovering over the ground
Ign Nicolai
Last edited by Badeanda on Jan 6, 2016, 3:55:01 AM
I really like the buff, but it would be nice to reduce the size of the projectiles, or make the lightning effect narrower and cleaner to help reduce screen clutter.

Or make an MTX for this please.
The extra projectiles are awesome.

The only issue I have is massive framedrop while using it. It's bearable solo but almost unplayable in some parties.

I have a 970 and an FX8350. PoE is installed on a SanDisk Ultra II SSD.

"
NoopManU wrote:
The extra projectiles are awesome.

The only issue I have is massive framedrop while using it. It's bearable solo but almost unplayable in some parties.

I have a 970 and an FX8350. PoE is installed on a SanDisk Ultra II SSD.

Got a GTX 970M and I got the same problem. Drop to 60 using LS and up to 100FPS without. In my hideout, it drop to 30 in map too.
This skill is so much better in its current state, but there are still two big problems:

1) The area around your character in which you can click before you start to move rather than attack is way too small! Compare to Frost Blades where you can more easily move the cursor around your character while holding down the attack button and your character spins instead of walking. I want to be able to twirl around with Lightning Strike without walking forward or being forced to hold down Shift on the keyboard. I hope this is a change you can make; it's the biggest reason I don't like using the skill.

2) The visuals are too graphics intensive. As others have mentioned, there's a large fps drop.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 25, 2016, 8:40:23 AM
Compare lightning strike to reave or frost blade or any other off weapon skill or even to any non AOE pure melee skill for that matter. There is only one answer in the current balance environment.

"Blue warrior shot the food"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info