Lightning Strike

"
elindred wrote:
I can deal with lightning strike being blocked by obstacles; all of those free projectiles and huge range have to come at a price, otherwise it'll just be a better ele-converted reave or lacerate. But at least let the projectiles hit 'floating' enemies like SRS or animated weapons.

LS projectiles get stopped by the floating stones of a talisman altar, despite being on the ground

but arrows don't

SMH
started my own LS build for the 10 day turmoil race. really fun except for all the things mentioned above.

- Please allow you to click and attack without going where you clicked, without having your hand over your feet. Or atleast some "deadzone" area that's like 1/3 the screen (56 game units or so?). Click outside, you move, click inside, attack in place
- Let it go throw certain walls, like prison bars are golden gate things on the way to piety in act 3. And over / through piles of rubble arrows can. If cleave and leapslam can go through walls, so should this.
- Add variations along the path, like real lightning does (as someone put it, chaotic) ( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \
rawr. fear me.
played sunder for mayhem, lightning strike for turmoil.
if sunder can do so much damage AND go through objects, over pits, up stairs, pierce, etc, and have many aoe explosions on the way, the LEAST LS could do is not have obstructed movement, maybe even toss in pierce (or not, it is a projectile) and/or some kind of chain/arc (because lightning) on enemies hit or near the tip of the attack. a lightning sunder of sorts.

both skills are ground-based projectiles (face it, sunder isn't melee. it just lacks the 'projectile' tag. its range is bs), they should behave similar. nerf one or buff the other.
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Nov 26, 2017, 9:07:00 PM
BOOOO no more pierce based on quality :(((((
Major bummer.... I did not want to sacrifice a slot in my links for pierce ...
the skill is boring and tedious to use, stop on ground crap.
Either make the projectile airborn or give us a threshold jewel for it or something.

Definitively need a threshold jewel (shock chance?, projectile bounce on walls?)
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 1, 2018, 2:24:59 PM
The updated visuals and sound effects that rolled out this patch (Patch 3.2) are very well done in my opinion. LS definitely needed a fresh coat of paint and this is better than I had expected. The skill still has it's issues (blocked by terrain, etc.) but I'm going to give this skill another shot now that it looks and sounds better :)
Last edited by Unknownone on Jan 18, 2018, 10:15:40 PM
honestly i feel like LS is worse. the projectiles look a little better (and i guess the sky arc part does too), but i can't see in front of my character as well. also the sound is more lame. i used to feel that the skill was violent and crushing but now it just feels different based on the look and sound. maybe dumb, but i have a relatively popular build that uses LS as a secondary attack so i've played with it for years now.

i agree with Unknownone on it being blocked by terrain (including some floating objects that aren't "on the ground") and how that is kind of crappy but still using it and suspect i will just have to deal with it.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
honestly i feel like LS is worse. the projectiles look a little better (and i guess the sky arc part does too), but i can't see in front of my character as well. also the sound is more lame. i used to feel that the skill was violent and crushing but now it just feels different based on the look and sound. maybe dumb, but i have a relatively popular build that uses LS as a secondary attack so i've played with it for years now.

i agree with Unknownone on it being blocked by terrain (including some floating objects that aren't "on the ground") and how that is kind of crappy but still using it and suspect i will just have to deal with it.

I agree with the comment about the new sound effects. Old one conveyed power of lightning better, the new one is way too soft and mellow, it doesn't feel powerful at all.
Campaign: Make Lightning Strike Great Again

Give me back the sound and, more importantly, give me back the pierce.

The sound is borderline non-existent. I hear my character make his "hi-ya" sound and just see lightning go places. I thought there was a problem with the aesthetic portion of lightning in terms of it causing server problems. I used to joke about how I could "strike out" my friends if their PCs were shit. But the sound? Why?

Also, with the addition of so many other skills that have inherent AOE density, I'm not sure why the pierce chance per quality was removed. I feel that it was in a good place. Not too strong, but it was enough to notice.

GGG?
"
Say_Ten wrote:
Also, with the addition of so many other skills that have inherent AOE density, I'm not sure why the pierce chance per quality was removed. I feel that it was in a good place. Not too strong, but it was enough to notice.

This one's pretty simple: Pierce doesn't come in percent-values anymore, and +2 Pierces would already be half a Support's worth (and Quality would be super jumpy, only having any effect at 10 and 20%).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info