"
leaderzz0rz wrote:
"
Slagmaur wrote:
Crit or Resolute Technique ?
Faster Attacks for sure instead of pierce.Pierce is great but you should aim
for quality LS which has pierce.

resolute technique

Crit givrs shock. With resolure technique you need static blows, and even then your shock chance is pretty low.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Just a brief question: is this skill actually supported by melee splash? Doesn´t seem to be, although it is not written anywhere that it should´t be...
multistrike increases meelee physical damage but decreases physical damage. so do the projectiles deal less because it is only physical damage being converted to bolt damage but not melee physical damage?
"
Slagmaur wrote:
"
Iyacthu wrote:
Practical question :
With Point Blank, you can theorically hit with Projectiles within melee range just by holding shift, right ?
Or will the engine 'force' you to hit with the melee component of the skill if you're to close to the target (despite using shift) ?

The latter is pretty much unlikely but can't really test it since both the melee and the projectile components of the skill have about the same damage effectiveness (120% vs 120*0.7*1.5=126%)

Theorical question : How does Projectile Speed interact with Lightning Strike projectiles ? Increasing their travelling speed or increasing how far they travel ? (well, should be both actually but since they are getting out of my screen with 0% projectile speed ...)

Edit : thanks you for answering !

@turtleken : Pretty obvious since the attack speed part is based on a melee skill. Projectiles are a secondary effect of the skill based on it. Well, i'm understanding the skill this way ...

As long as you hold Shift your char will hit with projectiles.

If you a change a projectile's speed you change the distance it travels.

point blank does not affect lightning strike. it is stated on the fifth page of this thread
"
Deadpeng wrote:
multistrike increases meelee physical damage but decreases physical damage. so do the projectiles deal less because it is only physical damage being converted to bolt damage but not melee physical damage?

Yes, projectiles DO less damage - less physical, and less converted lightning damage too (as well as added fire via gem and cold via hatred). However, you attack MUCH faster, and DPS improves anyway.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 24, 2013, 6:24:01 AM
"
Deadpeng wrote:

point blank does not affect lightning strike. it is stated on the fifth page of this thread

Point blank isnt affected by projectile speed, perhaps, but it definetely AFFECTS lightning strike's projectiles, lol.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
point blank definetly does more damge on close range... point blank is for projectiles and LS is shooting with.. guess what...cheese..nope....projectiles.

im also using resolute technic + irongrip.. i prefer constant death,, and dondt have to look for crit nodes and stats on items..better more sword and damage nodes..

im also of course using BM passiv because i hate mana and it would be nearly impossible to maintain that amount of mana woth 8,5 attacks per second..and what about auras?.. well in any party anybody has all the auras so i dondt need my own.

static blows is awesome with this.. and u can switch between conductivity or ele weakness curse... i often shock them and then ele weakness to melt em away..

also a cwdt with a q20 shocknova and elemental proliveration is very helpfull for maximum shockfest ;)

i totally love my BOR with this one (blind is super awesome!!!)

a carnage heart amulet is also very cool to give u awesome high permanent leech..

all together i can yolo+kamikaze+drunken jump into any crowd and pulverize them to atoms in seconds..

one very nice thing about LS.. it makes awesome lag in pvp ;))..
Last edited by krassi3000 on Dec 30, 2013, 10:05:08 PM
"
krassi3000 wrote:

a carnage heart amulet is also very cool to give u awesome high permanent leech..

Cant tell about lategame with high-end gear, but I use a carnage heart with 10% lifeleech wich is amazing as long as I use a physical attacks but with LS the leech gets pretty bad. I even dont notice my 2% mana leech anymore.
Imho carnage heart is a pretty bad maulet for LS build because u only get max 5% leech, but the full health penalty.

For LS I also need 6 more skillpoints (to get IronGrip, Pointblank and bloodmagic or some mana/manareg), I need an additional skillgem (LMP) wich gives me another less multiplier on those projectiles if I want enough aoe.

=> Even though LS scales with all my (non melee) physical dmg nodes it does so much less dmg than e.g. groundslam, only has 50% leech, less aoe, no stun and monsters have more lightning res than phys dmg reduction.
Dualstrike+Melee splash has pretty bad aoe, but does about 4 times more dmg than LS.
(not tooltip - LS tooltip only shows the melee part, not the projectile dmg wich is A LOT lower)

=> imho LS is pretty mediocre in the best case.

Well at least LS scales with phys dmg nodes. It isnt as shitty as pure elemental builds are atm with their tiny 5-8% dmg nodes and no leech at all...
Last edited by azraelb on Jan 1, 2014, 12:56:24 PM
So I'm not gonna read throught 50 pages right now, can anyone give me a quick recap?

From what I understand, the initial strike deals phys dmg, and 50% of that is converted to lightning damage. So the intial hit deals phys and lightning dmg.

Then when you hit the mob (or the ground) lightning projectiles shoot out that deal 50% of whatever inital physical damage you did as lightning damage. So the best way to scale this skill would be from pure phys damage? Even melee phys dmg would work since the inital strike is melee. Sounds like elemental nodes are a waste for this skill since it only works on one portion of the damage and not both.

Is this correct? I may have read the wiki wrong or something.

And how would melee splash interract with this? Will each enemy I hit with melee splash send out its own projectiles? And the projectiles would do less damage right, if I equip a melee splash gem?

I'm fairly new so bear with me.
Last edited by Lifeson2112 on Jan 9, 2014, 10:14:16 AM
"
Lifeson2112 wrote:
Then when you hit the mob (or the ground) lightning projectiles shoot out that deal 50% of whatever inital physical damage you did as lightning damage.

Nope.

The Projectiles are completely and entirely separate from the Melee swing. The Projectiles do not deal Melee Damage, but they do deal Damage with a Melee Weapon (and they're Projectile Damage of course). Passives that grant Increased Physical Damage with Swords will apply to the Projectiles. Passives that grant Increased Melee Physical Damage do not work.
The Conversion also applies to the Projectiles.

If Melee Splash works with Lightning Strike (I don't recall whether it does or not), it still only sends out one set of Projectiles. The Projectiles are a separate part of the Skill; you do not need to Hit anything with the Melee swing to emit Projectiles.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 9, 2014, 10:42:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info